Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 558186 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1980 on: October 31, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Based on what we know from previous storylines involving A) infected pigs at the prison and B) Termites eating Bob's "tainted meat", I fail to see any value whatsoever to having the pigs fill their bellies "with rot".

Do they not know after all this time that everyone is infected already anyway? Even those dopes on FTWD figured that out in a few episodes.

Were they just hoping to give the Saviors a stomach ache? Bad gas?

Does a tiger really eat as much as ten men? Yikes.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: October 31, 2016, 12:02 PM »
I think feeding the dead to hogs was both out of spite and to get their weight up, so the Saviors would be satisfied. Why waste other feed on them?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 1, 2016, 04:23 PM »
i like eziekel but it was tiring hearing him talking like king author, I mean really it needs to be toned down. I get why he's doing it, but still it seems like everyone would see through that and that no one talks like that.

carol, her choice in residence is iffy, the house looks like its right off some sort of main road and will see the lights on from a ways. anyone taking that road is going right in there.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 5, 2016, 05:20 PM »
I don't know if feeding the hogs undead has an impact, but the guy was totally doing it out of spite.  You might not die from eating mud or bugs or **** either, but you certainly wouldn't touch food if you knew that was in there.  At best, it might make them sick and at worst you can feel some little pinch of vengeance against these douche bags. 

The King's gig was over the top, but I thought it was pretty entertaining.  Why not set up some crazy fairy tale?  Dude has a pet tiger - I think he's allowed to be a bit eccentric.  He explains that he was a theater groupie moonlighting at the zoo, so it's not odd to me that an actor would get overly into character.  I was impressed that he saw through Carol so quickly and found a way to still keep her around.  I'm curious to find out the connection to the boy he wants Morgan to train as well.

I checked google out of curiosity.  An average human eats about 5 pounds per day.  A tiger might eat as much as 100 pounds in a day (!), but then lives off that meal, fasting for several days.  5-10 times as much as a human is probably more accurate, though I doubt humans in TWD eat as much as we do given scarce resources and that Tiger did not appear to be starving.  My understanding is that keeping large animals well fed is a pretty good deterrent to them wanting to eat people. 
« Last Edit: November 6, 2016, 02:33 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 5, 2016, 08:07 PM »
The boy Morgan's tutoring, I didn't make the connection at the time, but somebody elsewhere speculated that his father and the others who died "clearing a building full of dead" were actually killed by Negan/the Saviors. They were their "Abraham and Glen". Ezekiel covered it up for the same reasons he's covered up the food extortion. Thus,  he watches out for the boy out of guilt.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 6, 2016, 10:47 PM »
As predicted...not getting back to Alexandria until next week.

Egg sandwich vs dog food sandwich? I'd have to think about it.

Daryl's on easy street, what's his problem?

If you fled Negan, WHY WOULD YOU STICK TO PAVED ROADS? Or any open area? That whole sequence was odd. They seemed to now where the guy was, or why else send just one man after him?

Do we need the Fear the Walking Dead minisodes? So they intro a character who will appear in two episodes next spring? Yay.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1986 on: November 7, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Daryl needs to trim his bangs.  That's getting beyond annoying.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 7, 2016, 08:57 AM »
I'd take the dog food over anything with egg and pickles in it. blecch

The hubris of Hollywood writers, sheesh...you guys failed miserably at trying to make that asshat scumbag Dwight "sympathetic". Give me a break. Do they really expect everyone to forget how he murdered Denise in cold blood FOR NO REASON just a few episodes back? But I'm supposed to feel sorry for this redneck POS because Negan is boning his wife? (Who is not "super hot" BTW, Rosita crushes anyone in that group by a mile)  Give ma an fing break.

This stupid, ugly idiot is no more blameless than those pathetic losers in WWII who were "just following orders". He put himself in that situation plain and simple. He could have just as easily gone back to Alexandria last season with Daryl, told them all about the Saviors, and then he, his wife, Glenn and Abraham would all still be alive and well today because at least they would have had an inkling of what they were getting into. But he had to act like a scared puppy and go slinking back to Negan.

Kinda surpised that a show that just depicted two people getting their heads bashed in with a baseball bat would shy away from showing a dude getting his face burned off with an iron, but that is a flashback I would VERY much like to have seen.

I hate Dwight. I hate him worse than Negan. And I dearly hope they have the balls to kill him off instead of trying to cornhole him into some lame ass, unconvincing redemption story. Probably not, but one can hope.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 7, 2016, 10:13 AM »
I hate Dwight. I hate him worse than Negan. And I dearly hope they have the balls to kill him off instead of trying to cornhole him into some lame ass, unconvincing redemption story. Probably not, but one can hope.

My guess is that you'll get both.  He'll be redeemed and then get killed.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 7, 2016, 11:41 AM »
I am a comic book Dwight fan and hope they follow that arc for him.

That being said I agree that tv show Dwight really doesn't seem like anything more than a douche
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 7, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Daryl needs to trim his bangs.  That's getting beyond annoying.

When they took to him to that exam room, my first thought was "oh, they are gonna cut his hair!"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 9, 2016, 06:15 PM »
Ha-ha...this looks like a fun series.
https://youtu.be/deUMaYGnnVE

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 9, 2016, 06:21 PM »
That's hilarious
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 10, 2016, 11:59 PM »
What house has a graveyard on the lawn? Nice choice, Carol.
It's not that uncommon in small towns in the South.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1994 on: November 11, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Yeah I've seen that too, Tracy...  I've seen it in the NE too in older more rural areas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77