Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 561902 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1995 on: November 11, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Yeah, but those NE areas are Salem's Lots.  :o

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 13, 2016, 11:48 PM »
That was anti-climactic.

All that inventorying bit them on the ass. Can't believe they didn't immediately started hiding stuff after they got back to from the baseball bat whack.

Dwight's really building up those sympathy points.  :P

Why the heck did Michonne get that close when the Saviors were still around?

The irony of showing part of Rick's video taped interview, he was the alpha male outsider who more or less took over Alexandria, now he's less than Deanna.

It's really, really hard to believe no one's killed Negan by now, even if it doomed all their friends. Maybe he's not the first Negan.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 14, 2016, 06:31 AM »
Interesting episode that I'm not sure needed to be strung out for 90 minutes.

One question that wasn't clear to me... Michonne seemed upset at whatever she saw at the end. I couldn't place what that was looked like a steaming pile on rocks. Did anyone recognize this?  If so, it went right over my head.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 14, 2016, 08:51 AM »
Interesting episode that I'm not sure needed to be strung out for 90 minutes.

One question that wasn't clear to me... Michonne seemed upset at whatever she saw at the end. I couldn't place what that was looked like a steaming pile on rocks. Did anyone recognize this?  If so, it went right over my head.

It was all their mattresses that were taken by The Saviors.  Apparently they just like to be dicks by taking people's stuff and burning it.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 14, 2016, 09:22 AM »
It was all their mattresses that were taken by The Saviors.  Apparently they just like to be dicks by taking people's stuff and burning it.

Ah, that makes complete sense.  I must have been more sleepy than I realized.  When I was looking at it, I thought those were giant burning chunks of concrete.  Gonna go back and look watch it again now.   ;)  Thanks 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Yeah, thanks for clearing that Michonne thing up...I was baffled too. What a dick move.

So Rick is so terrified of Negan he will hand over all the guns, even the ones he didn't know about, to avoid any conflict, but he outright lies about Maggie in a way that would be easy to confirm? What if they just dug up her grave?

Looks like they are going to find her next week anyway unless Jesus pulls some kind of sick Ninja crap to hide her away. So what was the point of that lie anyway? The only thing I could come up with was he didn't want Negan to know they were aware of the Hilltop. But I don't see why that is a big deal though. Negan isn't stupid after all, WTF did he think they were dragging Maggie to on a stretcher in the middle of the woods?!? He had to know they were headed there based on how close they were.

Carl and Rosita are pretty much the only ones who seem to get it. And come on Daryl, speak up there at the end. At least say "i'm ok, Rick" or something. Sheesh.

Unbelievable Rick went so soft on Spencer. That POS should have been thrown out right there. Or just tell Negan he was the one who stole the guns and let him meet and greet Lucille. NO REASON to keep that little weasel around, especially after that crack about Glenn and Abraham.  >:(

I hate pussified Rick. He is worthless as long as he stays like this. It's like every other season he bounces back and forth from uber bad ass to callow wimp.

And agree it seems almost beyond credulity that no one would have just capped Negan and ended the whole cult of personality right there. Those dirtbags would be fighting amongst themselves in no time.

Glad they remembered there are still zombies on this show though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: November 14, 2016, 12:04 PM »
They wouldn't dig up the grave as they have no reason to suspect anything yet. Maggie was in rough shape.

Spencer's nearly worthless, but not wrong. Since Rick showed up, many people have died.

One RPG shot would've ended Negan and a chunk of his boys.  The blast or ensuing fight would've killed Daryl, but at this point there should be things worrying them more than one person's life. However, Rick didn't want to fight, they were totally unprepared to do,  so it's moot.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:21 AM by Scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 14, 2016, 02:32 PM »
I dunno, he was curious enough to ask about her...if Rick is worried about improbable stuff like them digging up guns buried in a field someplace it seems like digging up the grave would not be a stretch...for him to imagine anyway.

I still think Spencer's 100% wrong on Rick. His arrival just happened to precede a number of unfortunate events. If he hadn't been there to come up with a plan they would have been overrun soon enough when all those walkers from the quarry or whatever broke through. They had no idea they were even there!

And it was most definitely only a matter of time until Negan and gang would have come calling. Rick was stupid to provoke them but ultimately it only cost two people (ok, 3 with Denise) their lives, and they were Rick's people, not Alexandrians.

They lost a hell of a lot more people to the Wolves and it seems pretty reasonable to argue that Aaron and Morgan were a lot more culpable for those deaths than Rick. Aaron lost the backpack and Morgan let that guy go.

It is a fair point about Rick offing the doctor (AKA Porch Dick) but one of his kids probably would have done that eventually anyway.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 02:32 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2003 on: November 16, 2016, 12:07 AM »
If you're that messed up mentally, how do you not pack up and abandon the ship?  Move and do so expeditiously.

I agree, Rick like this is useless and kinda meh to watch.

Agree too, how do you not hide some **** somewhere?  This isn't a world where hiding things is impossible.  It's probably easier than this world because there is ample free space.

Also agree, as does my mother who loves this show, how has Negan lived this long?  I like the idea that the name passes on but have they had enough time to make something that "complex" in their little goofy society?

It's a boring thing watching Rick get throat banged, but I guess it's kinda necessary...  but boring as all get out.

One thing it does do though is makes you wonder if a random Alexandrite gets beebopped for gore's sake.

Still though, Negan being alive and like he is defies logic.  ******** seem good on paper, sure, but guys like The Governator are more believable as characters.  Being just a walking cockgobbler is a surefire way to just get shot...  Negan has a bat.  Pistol beats bat.  Yet these guys walk around like beat dogs...  I don't think this would've panned out this way this long.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 16, 2016, 06:17 AM »
That episode was boring as hell and while it may have built a few things for later on, it was still like pulling teeth to watch.  I can't say it really got me amped up for next week.

JDM is incredible as he plays out the role of Negan, and Lincoln is still doing an incredible job at going from extreme to extreme.  But, I don't really buy Rick bailing on everything after he has completely dug in against other baddies and in one way or another handed them their ass.

In the end, I was really disappointed with that episode.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 16, 2016, 09:13 AM »
I honestly thought they had buried some weapons/supplies in the Maggie "grave"
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 17, 2016, 04:09 PM »
I honestly thought they had buried some weapons/supplies in the Maggie "grave"

That what others are speculating. Either Rick has an enormous poker face or wasn't in on it. Was Father Gabriel thinking ahead? Was his "I have faith in you" to Rick  "I know you'll decided to fight back again and I've saved the means to do so"? If so, why didn't he bury the RPG? Possibly because it had been inventoried.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:10 PM by Scockery »

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: November 17, 2016, 08:30 PM »
I thought they were out of RPG rounds (used the last one to light the pond on fire) and just had the launcher left.  Kinda useless without RPG rounds.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2008 on: November 17, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Yeah, in the RPG episodes, they only ever had a couple rounds and spent them.  I know it's in the south but even hillbillies aren't hoarding RPG rounds in bulk. :)

Maybe Negan's gonna just beat gingers with it when he realizes it's just basically a pipe now?

Saw an interesting theory that Darryl may have said something to Rick, without most catching it.  That and the potential grave O Guns is interesting.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: November 20, 2016, 10:47 AM »
I think Rick's frame of mind right now is shattered.  He never wanted to be a leader, but took on the role somewhat reluctantly.  Watching someone bash two good friends' head's in with a bat would be pretty traumatic.  He fully blames himself for it I'm sure and the possible follow-up threat of having to cut up his son or what they could do to Carl, Judith, Michonne, etc. has him scared to death.  Doesn't mean he won't fight back at some point - you can see he still wants to in those scenes where he's gripping the bat - but it wouldn't be realistic for him to put up a fight right now after all that. 

As a cop, I assume Rick has a better idea than most of how lying can go wrong.  I don't think he remembered the ledger - if he had, they should have destroyed that immediately.  But hiding stuff, lying, fighting back means someone else gets killed in front of him.  As for Maggie - wasn't it the preacher who said she was dead?  Either way, I think Rick gets that Negan takes whatever he wants. He showed some interest in Maggie when they first met, so hiding her away saves her from a fate worse than death.  That one was worth the risk.

I did like how Rosita immediately figured out how to get more guns.  It's a good bet that more undead have them, so not a terrible way to rearm themselves.  Eugene can make more ammo, which Negan still doesn't know, so Alexandria still has some surprises waiting.  I'm not sure ALL of the guns were inventoried anyway, so won't be surprised if some are stashed away.  What about the gun Carl pulled on Negan's guys?  And didn't Rick or someone hide a gun out by some white house when they first arrived in Alexandria? 

I'm with Scock though - an RPG waiting at the gate for Negan could have ended things quickly.  His troops wouldn't know what to do with themselves.  I guess using the RPG again against Negan would be lame story writing, but that would have been a cool way to turn this all around.  They did go out of the way to let us know that Negan came earlier than expected, so maybe that threw a wrench in some plans to fight back. 

I really like the contrast between Rick and Daryl in this situation.  Daryl could have it a lot easier with no effort, but refuses to give in.  Rick gives in 110%.  It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out.  Will Rick just need some time to heal, then hatch a plan to fight back?  Or will Daryl inspire the other saviors to turn against Negan with his defiance?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:56 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today