Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557931 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2055 on: December 8, 2016, 07:27 PM »
The Negan Cuckold thing is getting kinda old though, as the filler for entire episodes...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 8, 2016, 11:30 PM »
He'd already been showed around Alexandria once!

It would be funny if Negan moves in for reals.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2057 on: December 8, 2016, 11:51 PM »
Well you never buy on the first visit, and the second I assume he's just gathering more info after scoping similar local properties...  I expect his third visit he'll have his contractor perform an inspection but he's applied for his loan at this point, and is prepping an offer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 9, 2016, 01:04 PM »
Yeah, but the real question is whether or not he and Lucille will sleep in the same bed.  I'm almost positive she's not one of his wives. 

I watched the last episode again last night while getting some work done - I love the scene with Fat Joe returning his bat.  "Did you treat her like a lady?"
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 11, 2016, 11:52 PM »
Rosita and Carl are worthless assassins. They need Fassbender (so sick of those ads).

Nooo....the best character they've introduced in the past 2 and 1/2 seasons has died.

RIP Fat Joe.  :'(

Also, two Alexandrites that Rick hasn't managed to get killed yet. LOL.

Convoluted pool game in the middle of the street, yet...it was a good scene.

What really bugged me...Negan is a damned ballistics expert. "That's a home made bullet!" Even if I accept he knows that much,....why would he assume so much as to even look at the casing? More likely he'd think they had ammo stashed somewhere. The simplest answer would be think Rosita found a bullet or hid a bullet.

Who is the mystery guest spy.... COMIC FANS WILL RUIN SURPRISE...assuming said person was in comics.

They have like 2 guns now. They could've had more, but Rick and Aaron brought the boat guns back to the Saviors because they are eeeediots. Sure there were no ammo for them, but could've stashed them anyway.

At least they had the water scene to remind us there are still zombies on this show. And Spencer zombie...was right on cue.  ;)

Shocking Talking Dead revelation...Norman Reedus hates peanut butter! Also, there's a crazy woman with a huge show related tattoo on her thigh.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 12, 2016, 01:03 AM »
What really bugged me...Negan is a damned ballistics expert. "That's a home made bullet!" Even if I accept he knows that much,....why would he assume so much as to even look at the casing? More likely he'd think they had ammo stashed somewhere. The simplest answer would be think Rosita found a bullet or hid a bullet.

Yeah, this kind of bugs.  They find guns, medicine, and all sorts of crap all the time.  Like someone couldn't have found a reloader kit, some black powder, and melted some fishing sinkers for a bullet.  It doesn't need to mean that they've got some kind of professor capable of creating this all from scratch.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 12, 2016, 08:20 AM »
Watching Spencer get publicly gutted was probably the high point of the season for me so far. I liked the other gal they shot though.

For whatever reason I assumed the spy was probably someone from Oceanside coming to check them out. Otherwise it will be kinda hard to bring them back into the mix unless that whole episode was just a big time-wasting red herring. (Which is entirely possible)

The whole Aaron/note thing seemed pretty thin to me.

What was up with the Kingdom dude's secret forest trailer? And the milk bottles for that matter? Was he making Molotov cocktails out there or something? That guy is a mess.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 12, 2016, 09:38 AM »
I didn't have a problem with this episode.  I was glad to finally see them jump from place to place and allow me to see everyone, and not just focus on one group per episode.

It was also nice to see Rick regrow his cajones and start making a plan...even better when Daryl handed him his beloved Colt Python.  I've hung on all season, although very critically, in the hopes of seeing the group back together and forming a plan to rid themselves of Negan.

So it was all brought back together in a nice fashion.  I have no worthwhile complaints about that episode.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 12, 2016, 03:04 PM »
Step aside milquetoast, Rick-Daddy's back...

Was the note found with the stash just referring to the lack of ammo? I was expecting something more ominous from the '...you lose' part.

Pretty cool seeing Spencer's demise. Loved his half-hearted attempt to put his guts back in.

Had a chuckle when Negan ranted about Carl sneaking into their compound and gunning down his men in Carl's mission to kill Negan, and then the camera cuts away to Carl somewhat peering over the railing. It reminded me of the guilty behavior little kids do after they've just been found out. Not that I'm saying it was intentional on the director's part.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #2064 on: December 12, 2016, 03:18 PM »
Was the note found with the stash just referring to the lack of ammo? I was expecting something more ominous from the '...you lose' part.

I took that more as a "the world is doomed" message than and specific reference to the supplies.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07 PM »
I was thinking they are booby trapped - triggered to explode, poisoned, etc.

Or maybe its just bait that the owner has placed and tracks the thieves back to their bases and then raids them.  So ultimately the raiders lose out because the owner is such a badass.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 13, 2016, 12:33 AM »
I was expecting booby trap also.

Bill, I'm digging your angle.

Much like the title, the statement probably has dual meaning.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 13, 2016, 12:21 PM »
I also read the note as just a passing **** you to whoever comes along after the owners were dead more than an actual threat.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: December 13, 2016, 05:34 PM »
This was a great episode.  Mostly ripped straight from the comics, so I was very happy to see Spencer spill his guts.  Negan's take on it is spot on - what a cowardly politician.  The home-made bullet thing was a little weird, but I don't know enough about bullets and spent casings to know if someone could easily tell a factory-produced bullet from a home-made one.  I'm willing to accept that Negan has seen enough bullets fly that something unusual caught his eye when he picked up this slug.  If nothing else, I'm glad they resolved the lone bullet storyline before the break and at least Lucille was wounded.  I'm also thinking the "spy" was one of those Oceanside peeps.  Ties them into the story and it kind of makes sense with the boat and all.  They're not in the comic to the best of my knowledge.

The only part of the story that really bugged me was the Michonne storyline.  Seemed like the Savior she kidnapped had a lot of fight in her last week.  She has nothing to say, then just tells Michonne how to kill her and hide the car?  What?  If she wanted to protect her group, why not at least try to ram something with the car and get away.  If she wants to help someone take Negan down, then why not offer a way to help?  I didn't get her rationale or motivation at all, other than it was a convenient way for Michonne to know the path from Alexandria to the Saviors.

Great to see the gang all together again at the end (+Jesus).  They're going to have to rally everyone against Negan pretty quick though.  I can't see him sitting around long after finding Fat Joe dead and Daryl on the run.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 14, 2016, 09:35 AM »
The only part of the story that really bugged me was the Michonne storyline.  Seemed like the Savior she kidnapped had a lot of fight in her last week.  She has nothing to say, then just tells Michonne how to kill her and hide the car?  What?  If she wanted to protect her group, why not at least try to ram something with the car and get away.  If she wants to help someone take Negan down, then why not offer a way to help?  I didn't get her rationale or motivation at all, other than it was a convenient way for Michonne to know the path from Alexandria to the Saviors.

I'll be interested to see if this story line is dead or not.  I agree that if Michonne just killed her, then it was sort of dumb, other than to know its a big operation.  But if Michonne turned her and got an ally inside the camp, then obviously its relevant, but maybe there should have been better dialogue between Michonne and The Savior woman.