I'm very pleased that we're getting Obi-Wan and Ahsoka's droids, but I highly doubt we'll ever get Plo Koon or Kit Fisto's droids.
I thought those came out with them in the first WM exclusive Droid Factory wave. The wave that built C-3px
I think he means Clone Wars style.
Yes, I mean in the 3D Clone Wars style.
I display all my loose stuff by movie. Then I have a separate cabinet for the 3D Clone Wars stuff. Since the JSFs with the droid socket in the middle is a 3D CW creation, that version of the vehicle gets put there.
I was thinking about this issue a bit more and I've decided to change my vote slightly...
I'm okay with repaints (and repacks) as long as they are used to keep the price-point of a vehicle sub-line down at a reasonable price.
Quite frankly, I see no reason why the Deluxe Line shouldn't still be at $11.99 and the Assault Vehicle line shouldn't still be at $19.99.
When you have so many repaints/repacks making up a sub-line, it's hard (at least in my mind) for Hasbro to justify the price increase. Two-thirds of the vehicles released in the "Shadows of the Dark Side" packaging have been repaints or repacks - Fighter Tank, AAT, AT-AP, Plo Koon JSF, Kit Fisto JSF, Xanadu Blood, Anakin JSF and Obi-Wan JSF - leaving only the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, Hyena Bomber and Swamp Speeder as the only truly new entries.
Seriously, when only 33% of your sub-line is new sculpts/tooling, shouldn't the other 67% of the releases being repacks/repaints help to keep the overall costs of that sub-line down?
The Deluxe Line started off strong this year with new sculpts like the Naboo Mini-Cruiser, Pirate Bike and Mando Speeder Bike (sorta on that last one) - and they accompanied those with the repaint of the Clone Wars Speeder Bike and a modified BARC Speeder. But then the followed up those five with the Freeco Bike, Droid Scout Tank and AT-RT and there's also a BARC Speeder repaint on the way as well. So even if you put the BARC w/Sidecar into the "new" category, you're at only 44% of the releases being new sculpting/tooling. That's pathetic. For $17.99, every one of the deluxe figure releases should be 100% new.
So I can appreciate Hasbro putting repaints and repacks into the line and for the most part I'm okay with it - but only if it's used to TRULY keep the prices down.