Author Topic: Palpatine goes to the movies...  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Palpatine goes to the movies...
« on: July 26, 2003, 01:26 PM »
In Episode III,there is going to be an 8 minute long scene of Palpatine at a theater.Anyone have a clue on what that's about?Maybe GL will do a Godfather type deal,the scene will cut in and out to the purge/assinations.

And....
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Palpatine goes to the movies...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 12:29 PM »
I had not heard that one yet.  It could be since Lucas and Coppola are friends afterall.  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2003, 03:49 PM »
Weird.

Very.

Very.

Weird.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline mawhonic

• Youngling
  • I'm a Racer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 08:22 AM »
In Episode III,there is going to be an 8 minute long scene of Palpatine at a theater.Anyone have a clue on what that's about?Maybe GL will do a Godfather type deal,the scene will cut in and out to the purge/assinations.

And....

Haven't heard about that one. Where did you hear it from?

Offline urban fox

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 11:38 AM »
the info's from 18 July set diary in Hyperspace on the official site.  Take a look there for the full scoop or I have included the important passages below.

a scene shot today was originally set in Palpatine's Office. A quick rewrite kept the scene intact, but changed the venue. What was originally a private meeting has moved into a very public space.

After a morning of shooting in Palpatine's Office, the camera crew moves to a very sparse set on another stage. It's what people generally imagine a digital backlot set to be -- blue curtains and blue stage pieces everywhere. The date in the latest script has this revision occurring on July 14 -- a scant four days ago. On a nearby table, I see a pile of five printouts showing Ryan Church's concept art of this new location. They're all dated July 13. In these past four days, Gavin Bocquet's Art Department has whipped up a blue representation of the new set's contours, complete with fully detailed chairs featuring miniature monitors and control keys in the armrests.

In postproduction, this minimalist blue environment will become a Coruscant theater, with tiers of viewing boxes and an elaborate stage production yet to be determined.
He can't muck this one up! just kill'em all in a really cool way!