Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 24497 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: DC Universe Classics
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2011, 02:05 PM »
I am so excited for Swamp Thing. He looks awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Nice.  With Swamp Thing reappearing in Brightest Day, I was just thinking that he would make an awesome DCUC figure.
Now they just need to make a Huntress, and I think most of my want list is done.  Though I'm sure I could come up with 20-30 more I would like to see.

I'm curious to hear more about the Legion box set, but scared to see a price on it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2011, 11:16 PM »
Anyone have any extra BAF parts for the latest wave (Golden Pharoah wave) that you may want to sell?

I have the Starman piece, Dan.  Shoot me a PM to work out the details.

I have the piece from Raven if you need it.  Send me a PM if you're interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: May 1, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Anyone have any extra BAF parts for the latest wave (Golden Pharoah wave) that you may want to sell?

I have the Starman piece, Dan.  Shoot me a PM to work out the details.

I have the piece from Raven if you need it.  Send me a PM if you're interested.

Thank you but the last one i need is the part that came with Omac.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Classics Legion box set
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 10:43 AM »
It seems like DC news was a little quiet at NYCC (toy-wise), but I did see a write up over at TheFwoosh detailing a few new things.  It looks like Larfleeze is on the way next year, and they said it was for general release.  I'd have to think this must be for the next/new DC 6" line, since I thought the remaining DCUC waves were all announced/locked down now.  They also continue to say that the next line will be more "big name" focused, so I didn't know if he'd fit in there or not.  That's one I'd really like to pick up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 1, 2012, 10:27 PM »
What the heck is a White Lantern Flash?  Reverse Flash was at the store too, but $18.99 plus 12% tax, no thanks. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 1, 2012, 10:38 PM »
What the heck is a White Lantern Flash?  Reverse Flash was at the store too, but $18.99 plus 12% tax, no thanks.

Very similar to a White Lantern Hal Jordan, except faster and with less jewelry.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Unlimited
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 10:57 PM »
I was just looking through some of the SDCC stuff again, and was curious...is Mattel continuing the DC Unlimited and/or Batman Unlimited lines past this year?  Aside from the Matty subscription figures, the only new 6" scale stuff I saw really was the new "Total Heroes" line that was the main characters, and sort of an animated-ish style.  They also have a 4" line (DC Multiverse?) on the way.  I think the kiddo Batman line is continuing as well.  Just wondering if anyone read anything differently, or if the DC Comic figures (at retail) are essentially done at the end of the year?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: DC Unlimited
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46 PM »
is Mattel continuing the DC Unlimited and/or Batman Unlimited lines past this year?

I'm pretty sure I read that they are dead and some of the remaining stuff cancelled.  A few of the 'lost' figures (like Damian Robin) may end up in the DCIE subsciption.

It's kind of funny.  Just as Hasbro is making a push into the 6" scale with Star Wars, Mattel is taking the opposite with DC - killing Collector 6" at retail and replacing with a mass-market 4" collector line (DC Multiverse) and a 3.75" Batman line for kids.

the only new 6" scale stuff I saw really was the new "Total Heroes" line that was the main characters, and sort of an animated-ish style.

Yeah, I think they are hoping for some collector bites, but they look pretty "kid-friendly" to me.  They have nice articulation, but the exaggerated oversized weapons are the clue they've not for collectors (for instance, how Sinestro's weapon has the 'hook' at the bottom, indicating it goes with some sort of launcher).

Pretty much just the latest round of "Rescue Heroes" type of figures...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:56 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 08:39 PM »
Thanks Jeff, that's what I thought, but wasn't sure.  I guess I'm ok with it, since I pretty much have everything I'd want from this scale anyways.  I've mainly been grabbing the Batman-related stuff (and was sort of looking forward to the Damian Robin), and would continue to if we see any others.  I guess there is still the Infinite Earths stuff through Matty, if those continue.  I'm really hoping to be able to get Huntress next month, we'll see.  Overall though, the DCUC had a pretty good run.  Pretty deep into character selection, and they were sort of starting to do a lot of "New 52" versions of the main characters now anyways in that line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 09:17 PM »
I see now that the Infinite Earths subs are struggling to meet their goal (on Monday), Mattel has announced that the Damian Wayne figure is now subscription exclusive (as in not available day-of-sale).  I wasn't planning on getting the sub anyways, but I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to get a hold of that figure (at least at a decent price).  Sounds like numbers are pretty low for the subs this time around, we'll see if they magically soar up above the goal by Monday again.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2013, 10:59 AM »
I really just want Doomsday so cant justify a sub. With that I actually want both versions of Doomsday and that doesnt seem possible at all.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 08:45 PM »
So it looks like the DC Infinite Earths sub didn't reach their goal (its official now, the way it looks).  Personally, I've never had the sub, but it is sort of sad to see the line go.  They mentioned in the press release that it may be possible to do quarterly figures (at higher prices) or maybe even monthly (again, at higher prices), but they had to do some internal discussions before that was released.  This is another line that has covered a ton of stuff, but it doesn't seem that long ago that we were seeing so many waves per year released, and now they can't even keep a monthly subscription service going.  Might be the end (or near) of DC collector figures from Mattel - at least for now.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2013, 09:58 AM »
I'm sad to see it go, but I'm one of the people who had the sub for the first two years, and didn't renew this year.  The figures announced looked good, but costs were getting high and I felt I already had most of the "must have" figures.  Although I'm a big enough DC fan that I want *most* of the figures, I have been in it since wave 1 of DCUC.  After 18 waves of that, 2 waves of green lantern, 2 years of subscription and assorted box sets and exclusives, plus some of the early DC Superheroes ones - I've got a ton of figures.

Even still, it really came down to cost for me.  This past year each figure has been around $32 after shipping (to Canada).  Quarterly shipping would have helped, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit the money this time around.

The line has lasted a lot longer than I ever could have imagined, and we've got some really cool stuff out of it.  If anything I say thanks to Mattel for making it last as long as it did.  Superpowers was the previous high-water mark for DC figures for me, and this line blew it away.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2013, 09:49 PM »
I am hoping for a Doomsday box set preorder with both of them.