Author Topic: Back in the Saddle  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Back in the Saddle
« on: July 26, 2003, 04:33 PM »
i have benn absent from here for a quite a while, but as soem of you may have known i haven't seen anything new in 6 motnhs. but the last weeks been good.
i've gotten clone wars multi packs and some unleashed, the best one being the Vader (finally)
found an Aayla, which has kindly been passed to a friend in more need.
i've even been seeing clone wars vehicles. i need to get a tank or few.

the hobby is starting to pick up a lot here.
just sharing my excitment

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Back in the Saddle
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 06:46 PM »
Congrats on your finds! :o

obi_robz

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2003, 08:49 AM »
I’m glad it’s starting to pick up for you – the situation in the US in the last 6 months is what it’s always been like in the UK :(

Congrats on your cool finds though!

:)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2003, 12:06 PM »
Well, I'm glad SOMEONE is having luck finding stuff.  I guess I shouldn't really complain since I found a lot of the Clone Wars stuff, but as far as Saga goes I really haven't found anything in stores.  I don't bother going on the hunt anymore... just not worth it and always ends up being depressing.
dustrho

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2003, 12:48 PM »
Yes thank you, all
i just Hope my luck stretches long enough to see the Clone Wars Figures. Especially the ARC Clone.
they all have great custom value.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2003, 06:34 PM »
Nice to have you back around Dimetrodon.  Congrats on finding some new stuff too!  It seems like the last month or so, things have really picked up and the figures are becoming a little easier to find at retail after a horrid first half of the year.

I've seen tons of both the older and newer Collection 2 figures lately, mostly at Target.  It's nice to see new stuff back on the pegs again.  Hopefully with the holiday season rolling around pretty soon, things will just continue to get better!

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2003, 09:16 AM »
Glad to see you back Dimetron!!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2003, 09:36 AM »
Yep, it's great to have you posting around here again.  Glad to see that new stuff is popping  up in your area again.
Drop me a PM and send me a list of what you're looking for, and I'll see if I can help. :)

:P

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 02:04 PM »
Aye.  New stuff.  

I been finding a few new things, all collection 1 stuff though.  Wal*Mart seems to not enjoy stocking collection 2 stuff and TRU is a lost cause.

Within the past two weeks I have been able to get:

Carkoon Fett
Factory R2
Mynock Chewie
C-3P0 Repack
Snowtrooper
Throne Room Luke
Throne Room Vader

The last two of which I found today at 9 AM in Wal*Mart.  And would you believe it, 9 AM and already the only things left from the case they put out was a Carkoon Fett, Jango Repack, and the Luke/Vader...

*patiently awaits the arrival of Aayla from the all mighty Dimetrodon*

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 02:09 PM »
It's been out Adam
And you are a lucky fu... duck with all your finds

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 02:15 PM »
I'd be luckier if other stores would restock stuff too.  Like I said, TRU is a lost cause.  ALL of their pegs are full of 2 figures; Red Clonie and Pilot Jango.  Filled to the point of falling off.  They need a clearance.  They also still have an army of POTJ Bespin Guards and Cannon Leias.  

The stockboy there told me a week ago they had CW stuff in but it sold out within a day.  He said to go back last friday, and I did they had nothing out.  When I was in there today I found a CW Federation Tank but I didn't feature plopping down a $20 bill and left it.  Plus the package looked tampered with so I just forgot about it...

Maybe one of these days they will get their act togather and clear that **** out thats making the pegs burn.