Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251966 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2011, 10:33 PM »
A very good new speeder bike makes a ton of sense.  Hasbro could release one with a Biker Scout, one with Luke, one with Leia, and a white one with that snowtrooper/scout combo.

I'd even like to see a sand colored one with a biker scout that has a sandtrooper backpack and orage paldron.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 14, 2011, 02:17 PM »
And I seem to recall that Hasbro MAY have stated in a Q&A session that they might have located the Saga/Clone Wars speeder bike tool which has been favored by a number of collectors. 

They definitely found it, as they've used the mold twice in the last year:  once on the Clone Wars Plo Koon deluxe set (which used the modified version with the removable firing cannon from the 2003 Clone Wars line) and with the AT-AT's speeder bike, which uses the original 2002 mold.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2011, 04:00 PM »
I think the number of collectors who favors that sculpt is around 5 or 6 though. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2011, 12:29 PM »
I noticed named Imperial Officers come up on rumor lists but hardly any are ever made. Needa was made. I can't recall any others, besides the Endor Battle Pack guy.

Hasbro's Deryl DePriest said Lucasfilm rejected Sarissa Jeng for the Arena Two-Packs, why would they take a bigger risk making her a single carded figure?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2011, 09:01 PM »
What we can expect for the new tvc vehicles, creatures:

For the tvc Sandcrawler (bmf style) more room and better proportion of the computers inside.
Lights on front and on top in the cockpit area (perhaps seats for 4 jawas)
Sounds, movie phrases (ok, they always do)
Two jawas included, perhaps kitbashes; desirable the towering jawa for variation.

Endor Speeder bike:
larger than former vehicle, with seat for two action figures; to recreate Luke and Leia chasing the biker scout.
Including pilot (Biker scout; Removable helmet? ok relax Hasbro, but don´t forget to paint yellow, beige or cream the boots´ soles.)

New sculpt Taun taun:
Like potf2, Hasbro made a kicking feature for Han´s taun taun
Open belly variation for Luke´s Tauntaun (but in movie argument was Han´s)
Removable and colorful saddle, with pegs to hold binoculars, sensors.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07 AM »
Storm the Separatist Cruiser Figure Battle Pack

Collector's note: This item is a repackaged version of the classic Star Wars Episode III Jedi vs. Separatists Battlepack

What? No, really, that's got to be an error.  All these battle packs are listed as being reissues by Entertainment Earth, when they are likely those Clone Wars 3-packs we've seen photos of.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:09 AM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2011, 08:26 AM »
So that would be a realistic style BP and not the animated TCW style, right?

When did they start issuing Battle Game cards for non-TCW figures? Is that a new twist?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2011, 09:28 AM »
So that would be a realistic style BP and not the animated TCW style, right?

When did they start issuing Battle Game cards for non-TCW figures? Is that a new twist?

Saga Legends have the Game cards.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2011, 11:55 AM »
So, I saw somewhere that the current rumor is the next bog vehicle with have gun rack, troop compartments, etc.  Is it possible that we are getting a new rebel troop transport rather then a sandcrawler?  It would convert into a good playset as well.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2011, 12:52 PM »
A Sandcrawler is really all I want, but this makes me think of the Blockade Runner.  If it's true.

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Yeah, I saw that rumor.  What a worthless rumor.  That is the basic description for EVERY large vehicle.  Name a large vehicle that doesn't contain those attributes!  I've got a rumor for the otheR Site to put on their front page:  Next year, Hasbro will be releasing several action figures.  These action figures will span the entire SW Saga; some of accessories will include robes, lightsabers, blasters, and stands . . .  care to guess what they might be?  See, I graduted from the school of making **** up too.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2011, 01:52 PM »
Yeah, I saw that rumor.  What a worthless rumor.  That is the basic description for EVERY large vehicle.  Name a large vehicle that doesn't contain those attributes!  I've got a rumor for the otheR Site to put on their front page:  Next year, Hasbro will be releasing several action figures.  These action figures will span the entire SW Saga; some of accessories will include robes, lightsabers, blasters, and stands . . .  care to guess what they might be?  See, I graduated from the school of making **** up too.

That's the most plausible rumour going.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Yeah, I saw that rumor.  What a worthless rumor.  That is the basic description for EVERY large vehicle.  Name a large vehicle that doesn't contain those attributes!  I've got a rumor for the otheR Site to put on their front page:  Next year, Hasbro will be releasing several action figures.  These action figures will span the entire SW Saga; some of accessories will include robes, lightsabers, blasters, and stands . . .  care to guess what they might be?  See, I graduated from the school of making **** up too.

That's the most plausible rumour going.

Biffette pretty much summed up my evaluation on RS's wonderful Intel. Is the hobby that desperate for news that this kind of "information" suffices for their front page post? This same speculation was going on already in their "Big One" forum thread. It's really pathetic, they should be called out on this as pointed out by Biffette.

Now if the news came from STAN (Someone Telling Alleged News) then I would believe it to be true....

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2011, 05:45 PM »
Biff's post made me LOL.  Thanks for that today.

I'd laugh my ass off if then we wound up with the Sandcrawler and got absolutely no gun racks and troop compartments.  The irony would be overwhelming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2011, 09:09 AM »
I had heard at one point that the Sail Barge was on the short list, and even in the modeling phase, but this rumor seems to indicate it could be something cooler. It's be awesome if they take the Clone Wars Attack Shuttle route and do a new Imperial Shuttle. But a Blockade Runner would be cool too.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."