Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251939 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Maybe she'll be packed with another Shirtless Maul and sold in one of those rumor Sith/Villains Two Pack Target he supposed to get?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:28 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2011, 09:07 PM »
I'd buy a Nightsister...not sure why they wouldn't make one for CW too though

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 1, 2011, 12:57 AM »

Hasbro did say awhile back that they'd be making plenty of figures from the Savage arc of episodes. NY Toy Fair will tell, most likely.

I just hope that those Villains sets are realistically-styled. And not cheesy like the Toys R Us 2-packs from last year, which included Anakin/Vader, Lil' Boba/Bad-ass Boba, and Grievous.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 1, 2011, 08:39 AM »

Well, exactly! What the hell? They are so hung up on "core characters" let them stick with those. If they put out cool characters in a realistic style that have NOT been done in the animated style, well that just utterly sucks.

Animated first, realistic next. Don't deprive fans of the animated line great character choices for the sake of marketing.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 1, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I finally listened to the ForceCast, and I gotta say that what scares me the most is that the "distribution problem" seems to be only acknowledged for the Vintage Collection.

What about the massive amounts of older Clone Wars figures, repackaged in the SotDS packaging now clogging the pegs, keeping retailers from ordering more of the three Fall 2011 waves?

If it weren't for the display cubes that TRU got a few weeks back, I wouldn't have ANY of the figures from the three new waves.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #245 on: October 2, 2011, 12:35 AM »
I kind of like the idea that, if they're going to do more "sub characters" from TCW that they figure kids aren't as interested in, then realistic does maybe make a little more sense...  That's just me though maybe.  I like the strategy though.  I mean, would Yularren have tanked as badly had he been a realistic figure?  I tend to think not...  He probably wouldn't have been great, but with your core purchasers being kids, the "old guy with a table and brostache" probably would've just done better if he were not in the animated style.  I know I'd have probably army built him to a slight degree.  Hell, I got a few for the table on clearance.  Realistic, I'd have probably bought a few just to swap some Clone heads onto him even, and make realistic Clone Naval Officers.

I think of other figures I DID pass on though, since animated isn't my cup of tea, and I'd have gladly bought if they were done realistically.  The little scottish underbite alien general from TCW Movie for instance...  Cato Parasitti is everywhere here right now, but also strikes me as one I'd have gone for if done realistically (I got one cheap for customizing, but wouldnt' pay full price for her).  I'd buy a realistic Satine before I'd even remotely consider an animated figure.  Kids wouldn't care about her, but if she fits in with the movie figures, then I do I guess.  I just figure "I" am maybe what Hasbro's aiming for.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 5, 2011, 01:04 PM »
I kind of like the idea that, if they're going to do more "sub characters" from TCW that they figure kids aren't as interested in, then realistic does maybe make a little more sense...  That's just me though maybe.  I like the strategy though.  I mean, would Yularren have tanked as badly had he been a realistic figure?  I tend to think not...  He probably wouldn't have been great, but with your core purchasers being kids, the "old guy with a table and brostache" probably would've just done better if he were not in the animated style.  I know I'd have probably army built him to a slight degree.  Hell, I got a few for the table on clearance.  Realistic, I'd have probably bought a few just to swap some Clone heads onto him even, and make realistic Clone Naval Officers.

I think of other figures I DID pass on though, since animated isn't my cup of tea, and I'd have gladly bought if they were done realistically.  The little scottish underbite alien general from TCW Movie for instance...  Cato Parasitti is everywhere here right now, but also strikes me as one I'd have gone for if done realistically (I got one cheap for customizing, but wouldnt' pay full price for her).  I'd buy a realistic Satine before I'd even remotely consider an animated figure.  Kids wouldn't care about her, but if she fits in with the movie figures, then I do I guess.  I just figure "I" am maybe what Hasbro's aiming for.

You're not alone on this Jesse - if realistic is how we get a Satine, then I'm totally okay with that, same thing goes with the Nightsisters. Same thing goes with Yularen - if he had been realistic, then I would have totally used him to make a few Clonetrooper Naval Officer headswaps - had thought about doing that with the animated one, but the damn figure is so damn skinny it just looks ridiculous so I never bothered.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: October 5, 2011, 01:51 PM »
A realistic Yularren makes me think about all the random "That makes sense" headswaps I would've done too...  I could have seen Dodonna as a Republic Officer.  I'd have maybe swapped on a Tarkin head too since I like the idea of him as a young officer and stuff too from the finale last season.  A couple random generics would've been nice too since I envision a pretty good number of sentient guys who were in the Republic military prior to the war.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #248 on: October 5, 2011, 02:15 PM »
Hasbro did say awhile back that they'd be making plenty of figures from the Savage arc of episodes. NY Toy Fair will tell, most likely.
If they put out cool characters in a realistic style that have NOT been done in the animated style, well that just utterly sucks.
I kind of like the idea that, if they're going to do more "sub characters" from TCW that they figure kids aren't as interested in, then realistic does maybe make a little more sense... 

Um, I'm a little late to this party, but I'd like to add that Mighella the Nightsister is not from the cartoon.  If its the same one that I am remembering, then she is from the Dark Horse Darth Maul comic series from shortly after TPM:

linky to wiki page

Jayson's guess of pairing her with some sort of Darth Maul figure in those rumored 2-packs is a good guess and makes a lot of sense based on the source.

She is not a CW character made in the realistic style instead of the animated style.  I do not see how Hasbro making a realistic EU Nightsister figure based on an EU comic source can be any sort of basis to assume that they may give us a realistic Dutchess Satine or other CW something before making the animated version.

[/end party pooping] :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #249 on: October 5, 2011, 02:19 PM »
It wasn't speculation really, more just daydreaming about how (if they do a nightsister from the toon animated), more of the secondary guys from the toon maybe would've been cooler and better received by the target audience that cares about them (IE: Not kids).

Though, i did think when a Nightsister is being tossed around like that, that it's from the toon and not a comic. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 6, 2011, 01:46 PM »
I'm from the camp where I really don't care where the Nightsister figure basis comes from. It could be from the comics, it could be from the Clone Wars 3D cartoon, or it could be from the "Courtship of Princess Leia" novel. I just think they are a cool faction in the Star Wars universe that has never been represented as a figure. I felt the same way about the Bothans until they put one in a comic pack a few years ago...
Peter

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 6, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Hmmm.  A nightsister figure, done in a realistic style?  And if it is indeed Mighella , then I'm thinking it will probably be in those previously rumored Sith & Villain 2-packs.  And under those circumstances she'll almost certainly be packed with Darth Maul.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2011, 02:40 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 6, 2011, 05:00 PM »
I'm fine with them doing an EU-inspired Nightsister in realistic style, although it seems like sort of an obscure choice. I just hope that doesn't preclude them from doing the ones from the toon in the animated line. There's plenty of room for Nightsisters in both lines.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2011, 03:13 AM »
Wait, so Hasbro made a sculpt for that Nightsister - Mighella? That's shocking. She's an EU character, and from a comic, too, and Hasbro actually chose her over, say, Mother Talzin? I'm shocked.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I thought there was something familar looking about Mighella...

And then it hit me...

-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram