Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251961 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #60 on: December 7, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I take apart at least one of each figure for customs and pay pretty close attention to parts, and while they do look similar to that Rebel and Lando, I think the legs are new... could be wrong of course because they do look really similar to the Rebel Honor Guard.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2010, 02:16 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #61 on: December 7, 2010, 02:51 PM »
I take apart at least one of each figure for customs and pay pretty close attention to parts, and while they do look similar to that Rebel and Lando, I think the legs are new... could be wrong of course because they do look really similar to the Rebel Honor Guard.

These legs are all new. Chewie is correct, I just tore apart a Rebel honor guard and Lando. You can clearly see this will be all new tooling. The only thing that looks reused is the Vibroaxe, Lightsaber and the Fleet Trooper gun.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: December 7, 2010, 05:42 PM »
I finally got my issue of Toyfare and can say with 100% certainty that the RFT has ball jointed elbows :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: December 7, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Can you do a good scan of it Scott?  If anyone even has scanners any longer (I do, but I'm not even sure mine works).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: December 7, 2010, 07:28 PM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: December 7, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Sweet, thanks Scott.

I'm wondering if that isn't a new Fleet Trooper pistol as well.  Something looks different.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: December 7, 2010, 07:42 PM »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 7, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Nice pics Scott, thanks for sharing.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2010, 09:21 PM »
A thought...

Is the Fleet Trooper's helmet possibly articulated at the visor?  I'm wondering if it clips down and up?  It looks separate at the visor portion now that I see this better scan.

The more I look at the vest, the less I believe it's removable.  The collar area makes me think it might be though, and I still hope it is.

Something about the tip of his blaster pistol really looks different from the current sculpt...  I'd love to see more of this figure.

On Bom Vimdin, his thigh-strap on his holster seems to be either broken, or like it clips to the thigh and unclips if you want it to.  This freak was my most wanted Cantina alien, so seeing him get done is great.  I love the species, the weirdness of it...  That he comes with a rifle accessory is cool too.  Kind of reminds me of POTF2 when figures almost always sported two accessories, even if one was completely goofy and unnecessary.

The more I look at the Weequay Skiff Master, the more I think he'd look less "poofy" if his arms were at his side like the reference pic of him below.  I think that's going to be an outstanding figure as well.  He always makes wishlists, and he's made the JD wishlist often, as has Bom Vimdin and the Fleet Trooper.

I like Barriss Offee a lot...  I heard some folks weren't happy, but to me she's great, and a much-needed AOTC resculpt.  Besides Pablo Jill, Hasbro has done all the Arena Jedi over again pretty much...  Unless you count the Twi Lek and Human from the 3-pack...  Oh, and the two Nikto I guess count as well, I almost forgot them.  I'd really like them redone, then maybe the Twi Lek and Human would be nice since they did go to the Rodian recently, and give us a cool one of that character too.

I can't wait for Dr. E. as well...  Bastilla's cool, but I've had a "redone" Dr. E. on my shelf for years, since his POTF2 figure came out, and I wanted to fix his goofy stance.  Hasbro even got his less than flattering physique down pretty good too.

I wonder if they'll be able to do the deco of his leather vest right though?  The POTF2 figure's vest had a marbled look to the plastic, which was neat.  I hope they're able to do something similar on the resculpt.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: December 7, 2010, 11:02 PM »
One of those Nikto Jedi (Fi-Ek Sirch) is coming out next year

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: December 7, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Yes, didn't Hasbro confirm him last Q&A somewhere?  A good figure, and an easy repaint to the other Nikto Jedi if they choose to go that route.  I'd take both anyway.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #71 on: December 7, 2010, 11:34 PM »
Glad to see some of our initial impressions about the swivel elbows were wrong.  thanks for the updated images, Scott.

Now I'm excited to see the finished Bastilla down the road.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: December 7, 2010, 11:55 PM »
The more I see of him, the more I love Bom Vimdin.  :)

Just Mosep, Baniss Keeg, Reegesk, Tzizvvt, Arliel Schous (Defel), and Solomahal to go...   and I guess the [HASBRO CENSORED] Twins, but I'm not holding my breath for them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: December 8, 2010, 01:29 AM »
And Garrouf Lafoe...  and Yerka Mig...  and the weird Spacer Dude in Bossk's spacesuit...  and then the other weird spacer dude in the white outfit...  and...  and...  and...  :)

I'd forgotten Mosep.  I'm still putting Lafoe ahead of Mosep on my most wanted list, but not by much, and Mosep would be very cool.  Love his freaky whiskers.

I'd put a new Snaggletooth in there too.  He was a favorite as a kid so I kind of long for a resculpt of him.  Not likely, but he'd be a happy repurchase for me I think.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 8, 2010, 02:35 AM »
Thanks for the scanned images. I'm not liking that Dr. Evanzan's legs are unarticulated. Is this because it's a prototype?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"