Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251933 times)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2011, 10:56 AM »
I'm thinking it's the Imperial Landing Craft.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I never understood the desire to have the blockade runner made...it would be so underscaled as to be pretty much ridiculous.

Not that I would want a to-scale blockade runner either...we've all seen that one.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:47 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2011, 12:27 PM »
Darth Anton statement is right on the money on which BMF it is!
Sandcrawler its not, but when timing is right. Hasbro hinted in mOst recent Q and A about upcoming new fodder: Yarvin Ceremony Figures.  It's same format as toy r us exclusives Battle of Endor Paks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #123 on: May 30, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Hasbro also did not say "no" when the sandcrawler was asked about.  It could still be a really fun toy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 30, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Yeah, I saw that rumor.  What a worthless rumor.  That is the basic description for EVERY large vehicle.  Name a large vehicle that doesn't contain those attributes!  I've got a rumor for the otheR Site to put on their front page:  Next year, Hasbro will be releasing several action figures.  These action figures will span the entire SW Saga; some of accessories will include robes, lightsabers, blasters, and stands . . .  care to guess what they might be?  See, I graduted from the school of making **** up too.

:D :D :D

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Here's thinking outside the box...It's a Rebel Troop Transport.  But the top opens up to reveal what looks like the control room in Echo Base...and has a nice open inside for storage and play.  It could be a very cool vehicle/toy.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2011, 11:17 PM »
Reading through the rumor finally.

According to the report, this updated BMF-style vehicle will double as a playset and will include lights, sounds, weapon racks, cargo areas, opening cockpits, troop holders!

There are  only a handful of vehicles that come to mind that might include these features.

-Imperial Shuttle
-Imperial Landing Craft
-Rebel Transport

Out of the three I think there's only one solid contender.  The Landing Craft only appears briefly in the Special Edition of A NEW HOPE.  Even though it's got that Imperial tie-in that might make it seem like a contender, and it could have a lot of potential action features, I have to think that it's incredibly limited screen time DOOMS the Imperial Landing craft.

And on numerous occassions in Q&A sessions with Hasbro they have explicitly stated that the Rebel Transport is NOT happening.  Don't believe me?  READ.  Either Hasbro has been planning a Rebel Transport and gleefully lying to the collecting community, or they had a huge change of heart if this is going to happen.  In this case I take Hasbro at their word.  The Rebel Transport is a cool vintage find, but would probably make a terrible modern vehicle.

A revamped Imperial Shuttle is the only vehicle that makes sense to me.  It's got a proven track record at retail, but the modern releases have been based on a 1983 vintage toy.  And the interior of that vintage vehicle (and the modern re-releases) has always been kind of lame.  Especially when you compare it to the BMF Falcon and AT-AT.  Plus, it features significantly in ROTJ with Vader, the Emporer and our Rebel friends.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2011, 11:22 PM »
And on numerous occassions in Q&A sessions with Hasbro they have explicitly stated that the Rebel Transport is NOT happening.  Don't believe me?  READ.

They said the same about the Cloud Car.

Rebelscum: In various replies by Hasbro we received several times the answer that the Cloud Car would not look "agressive enough" to be a success.

Hasbro: Compared to all other vehicles we could do, we feel that the Cloud Car is visually uninteresting, has the least on-screen action, and would be perceived as the most boring (i.e. not aggressive looking) to boys compared to anything else we could do. The Twin Pod Cloud Car is probably the vintage vehicle that is the most plentiful and can be made the cheapest as well. You can pick them up for $15 and under - much less than the price we'd need to command for a new one.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:50 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 11:33 PM »
And on numerous occassions in Q&A sessions with Hasbro they have explicitly stated that the Rebel Transport is NOT happening.  Don't believe me?  READ.

They said the same about the Cloud Car.

Rebelscum: In various replies by Hasbro we received several times the answer that the Cloud Car would not look "agressive enough" to be a success.

Hasbro: Compared to all other vehicles we could do, we feel that the Cloud Car is visually uninteresting, has the least on-screen action, and would be perceived as the most boring (i.e. not aggressive looking) to boys compared to anything else we could do. The Twin Pod Cloud Car is probably the vintage vehicle that is the most plentiful and can be made the cheapest as well. You can pick them up for $15 and under - much less than the price we'd need to command for a new one.

So you think they might be doing a Rebel Transport rope-a-dope?  We'll see.  The only think from the RS rumor that would lead me to even give it a glimmer of hope was the word "cockpits" in their report.

I think the Imperial Shuttle might have a much better chance.  I bet someone like Mark Boudreaux has been chomping at the bit to revisit the cockpit of that vehicle alone, since the vintage one really does suck.  And in light of what he was able to do with the BMF Falcon's cockpit I could see them going all out on a new shuttle.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2011, 11:50 PM »
All I think this is is a coy way of describing a re-release of the Falcon only in a Vintage box.

According to the report, this updated BMF-style vehicle will double as a playset and will include lights, sounds, weapon racks, cargo areas, opening cockpits, troop holders!

The BMF has all those descriptors, from a certain point of view.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57 PM »
I wouldn't be shocked at that...  At this point I don't rule anything out on Hasbro's part.  They've double-backed on a bit of stuff they'd denied at one point or another.  And the "rumor" is so vague, it could apply to just about anything they ultimately would do, as well.  You could apply it to a Sandcrawler or Sailbarge if you wanted to.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #131 on: June 1, 2011, 12:03 AM »
The only issue with the sail barge theory is that this wouldn't be an "updated" item since there hasn't been one before.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: June 1, 2011, 12:05 AM »
True, there's probably one somewhere that you could stretch that to fit though in some capacity, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 1, 2011, 12:05 AM »
imperial heavy transport might be a good BMF, it is heavy armored, and has alot of fire power, It is in ANH dewback scene and in the rogue squadron game series.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #134 on: June 1, 2011, 06:08 AM »
imperial heavy transport might be a good BMF, it is heavy armored, and has alot of fire power, It is in ANH dewback scene and in the rogue squadron game series.

But it's never been done before, which contradicts the spy report.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise