Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252444 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2011, 12:37 AM »
I don't know how to judge sales either especially since I have not seen much of anything new since wave 3.  I am just not there are the right times but they are basically gone once a wave hits it seems like.  I do not know if it's because the stores just get 2 cases in or what?  The Clone Wars stuff seems to always be on the pegs but they rotate in the new waves well.  So, I assume the CW sells better overall. 

It seems to me both lines hold up well to the constant barage of competition each year from new films.  I am sure Transformers will kick SW's but when the movie comes out.  However that might only last through X-Mas.  SW will still be around next year while Thor, Green Lantern, and Captain America will probably all be on clearance. 

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2011, 10:27 AM »
why doesnt ANYONE EVERY Clearence anything anymore?
 that would take care of a lot of the problem of crap case assortments and brain damaged marketing types.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2011, 07:12 PM »
 that would take care of a lot of the problem of crap case assortments and brain damaged marketing types.

Beats me... when I moved to Chicago I found it difficult to look for stuff in stores (none nearby).  I got all excited because a Target opened up near me about a year ago.  But for the last 5 or so months they've had nothing but a handful of Cloud Car pilots and 4-LOM's.  No exaggeration, they haven't gotten a new Vintage figure in at least 5 months. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2011, 07:36 PM »

Beats me... when I moved to Chicago I found it difficult to look for stuff in stores (none nearby).  I got all excited because a Target opened up near me about a year ago.  But for the last 5 or so months they've had nothing but a handful of Cloud Car pilots and 4-LOM's.  No exaggeration, they haven't gotten a new Vintage figure in at least 5 months. 

I see very much the same thing by me.  Some stores have had nothing but the leftovers from that first TESB wave of the Vintage Collection for months on end.  And when I stop by in the hopes that things may have changed, nothing.  It almost seems that if anything IS arriving at those stores it is in such insignificant quantities that 1 or 2 collectors could snatch up everything from a restock of a single case of TVC figures and nobody else would ever know the difference.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Believe me, you are right.  I walked into TRU today and found the entire wave 7, plus Jango.  I bought them all.  I only left a few older figs on the pegs.  The next shopper will have no choice at all.  The quantities are nuts.  But the quality is way up.  What a great wave!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Just trying to fill in the gaps on my spreadsheets with the recent EE case assortment announcements...

2011 VC55 Logray
  2011 VC56 ?
  2011 VC57 ?
  2011 VC58 ?
  2011 VC59 ?
  2011 VC60 ?
  2011 VC61 ?
  2011 VC62 Han Solo (in Trench Coat)
  2011 VC63 B-Wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander)
  2011 VC64 Princess Leia (Slave Outfit)
  2011 VC65 TIE Fighter Pilot
  2011 VC66 ?
  2011 VC67 ?
  2011 VC68 Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
  2011 VC69 Bastilla Shan (Knights of the Old Republic)
  2011 VC70 Ponda Baba (Walrus Man)

And we've got these that need to be slotted in someplace...
  2011 VCxx 501st Legion Trooper
  2011 VCxx Aayla Secura
  2011 VCxx Doctor Evazan
  2011 VCxx Kithaba
  2011 VCxx Nom Anor

Am I missing something?  Or is that 8 number gaps and 5 figures...  sure seems like something is going on that we don't know about yet... also confirms the signs of some things definitely being moved around on the schedule.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:25 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Could the other ROTJ wave figures that are getting put on Revenge of the Jedi cardbacks be getting new numbers?

That might explain the gaps in the numbering system.

Or Hasbro could just suck. That's equally possible.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2011, 04:50 PM »
What about the 'mini' Salacious and Mouse Droid figures from the SDCC Exclusive Revenge Wheel? Maybe the are actually a part fo the numbering system? But that would still only account for 2 out of 3 of the extra open spots...

They did have some issues with the numbering system with the 2003-2004 SAGA line, I suppose something like that could have happened again and we'll just see some repack figures that get the extra numbers.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2011, 06:11 PM »
IIRC, isn't there a REVENGE version of Luke (Endor Capture)?

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2011, 07:16 PM »
IIRC, isn't there a REVENGE version of Luke (Endor Capture)?

This is what I thought as well - that every carded figure in the Death Star SDCC set would also be getting released in Vintage figure assortments. So the exclusive really only gets you the DS2 packaging and the two mini-figures. Everything else will be available at retail.

So that means, is the Endor Capture Luke w/Revenge of the Jedi on the front still going to be VC23? Or is he going to have a new number? Same thing goes with Wicket, Ackbar, Rebel Commando, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Bar2-D2 and the Stormtrooper - same numbers as before or all new?

There are exactly eight blanks in your numbering so my guess would be that they are indeed getting new numbers.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2011, 07:36 PM »
I can't see them renumbering the Revenge figures just to fill in the blanks. There has got to be some leap frogging of numbers that is going on like what happened with Wedge and Yoda. I can see Tarkin, TPM characters and other rumored figures eventually filling in the spots now that it seems they're going with the 3 new figures per case game and filling the rest with carry-forwards and "Revenge" chasers.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I was taking another look at what was rumored and had an idea. What about these three figures that didn't have waves either?

Confirmed by Hasbro, but no wave assigned yet..
  2011 VCxx Princess Leia (RotJ Sandstorm)
  2011 VCxx Aurra Sing
  2011 VCxx Ratts Tyrell

Maybe they are going to sneak into this year's assortment. These plus the other five Jeff mentioned would make up the eight missing spots in the order. I highly doubt repacked "Revenge" variants would get a new number. UGH, First Day of Issue and the like were all just packaging variations that had the same numbers as the regular versions. Why would the 'Revenge' figures be any different?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:39 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2011, 10:23 AM »
I highly doubt repacked "Revenge" variants would get a new number.

All of the on-line case assortments have them listed with the old number:

Examples from EE listings:
1x VC27 Wicket (Revenge)
1x VC41 Stormtrooper (Revenge)

Doesn't seem likely that the Revenge figures will have new numbers...

The more I think about it, the more it seems obvious that the "missing" 8 figures are the five figures from what should have been "Wave 8" and then probably the three figures that would have filled out Wave 9, but were bumped in favor of more "Revenge" repacks.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:18 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2011, 11:51 AM »
This has a little more creedence than a rumor:  Check out this JTA Q&A session with Hasbro.  Notably, this part from Hasbro:

Hasbro: We agree there are still some holes left to fill in the Vintage Collection.  By the end of 2012 some of these gaps will be filled, with, for instance, figures like Lumat

So, expect a Lumat figure by the end of 2012!

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2011, 12:12 PM »