Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 251964 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #375 on: February 7, 2012, 02:19 PM »
Just remember your Bespin Escape Leia has to have her pants out over her boots!  :-X

I'm hopeful for both.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2012, 03:09 PM »
so based on the Vintage Figure Line Checklist that Jeff recently updated, we know that

VC61 is White Armor Boba Fett
and VC66 & VC67 are Salacious Crumb and the Mouse Droid

So what are VC71 - CV74?!?!

Can anyone who's still at Toy Fair with the ability to ask that question, ask it?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Hasbro's not at the Javitz Center for people to ask stuff.  They're totally separate. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04 PM »
So what are VC71 - CV74?!?!

I think those are the repacks of the Walmart DTF figures...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2012, 09:44 PM »
on the yakface's facebook, somebody got a comfirmation on a item in 2013.  Does anybody know what this is ??

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 15, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Saw that too.  Teasing stuff like that can be a double-edged sword.  Someone let it slip to me at Toy Fair in 2008 that the Turbo Tank was on the way, but I felt compelled to keep my mouth shut and be all ethical and ****.  I didn't want to blow up the guys spot, and wanted to maintain a good working relationship with Hasbro.

Fast forward a couple of years after that and a site that I used to be affiliated with got a full Hasbro marketing plan and confirmation of the big AT-AT.  They decided to publish it, despite my protestations that it should be dealt with cautiously.  What ensued afterward was intense, and included threats of litigation from Hasbro's legal representation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44 PM »
I'm hearing about new 3-packs which include Darth Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan, plus some other multipacks... does anyone have any details about this?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43 AM »
on the yakface's facebook, somebody got a comfirmation on a item in 2013.  Does anybody know what this is ??

yeah I saw that too, did they end up meaning the details on the yoda style packaging?

either way, there was some turd with what looked like a Madonna picture posting on the facebook thread.  what a turd....  Words cannot express how much of a turd he was being....  turd.  Madonna man - if you are reading this - you are a turd.

I probably should have said that last night in the facebook thread.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00 AM »

yeah I saw that too, did they end up meaning the details on the yoda style packaging?

Yes. Granted it's nothing earth-shattering, but for fans of packaging and general design, it was cool to see the rumor confirmed. It's not like we spoiled an entire TF presentation or anything. : P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:04 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Saw that too.  Teasing stuff like that can be a double-edged sword.  Someone let it slip to me at Toy Fair in 2008 that the Turbo Tank was on the way, but I felt compelled to keep my mouth shut and be all ethical and ****.  I didn't want to blow up the guys spot, and wanted to maintain a good working relationship with Hasbro.

Fast forward a couple of years after that and a site that I used to be affiliated with got a full Hasbro marketing plan and confirmation of the big AT-AT.  They decided to publish it, despite my protestations that it should be dealt with cautiously.  What ensued afterward was intense, and included threats of litigation from Hasbro's legal representation.

We've had to deal with the same thing a couple of time here...most notably when Tom Hodges posted a bunch of EpIII Concept Art in a Rebelscum chat room and "someone" copied them all and sent them too us :P

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3555.30

Chris posted them right away and was greeted with LFL lawyers and threats and all that jazz.  We were all scared shitless but it was also a lot of fun!

The other time happened soon after.  We got the scoop on the EpIII design and look and actual mockups and the like (sort of like this Yak story)  We chose to do our own concept mock ups instead of just posting the info #1 to protect our source and #2 to not have LFL shut us down permanently :P

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4539.45

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:15 AM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: June 7, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Sounds like TRU is getting the BAT-AT, BMF and the new Speederbike.

The Speederbike is hopefully the new one that we reported about many moons ago...

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 7, 2012, 11:14 AM »
The TRU still has a few of the "Shadows of the Dark Side" packaged AT-AT's.

Dunno if this signals the upcoming end of Vintage or what, repackaging things out there in one last money grab, because they sure could wait on the AT-AT and the Falcon until closer to when OT movies are rereleased.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 7, 2012, 04:44 PM »
I am interested to see if they give the AT-AT an Endor deco and what it will look like.  It's been awhile since the Falcon came out.  I guess they are not detoured by the ones that went on cleareance?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 7, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Could it just be that TRU agreed to take receipt of some more Vintage Style-Packaged AT-ATs and more Legacy Collection BMFs and entries needed to be put into their computer system to accomodate then?

To me, for items this big - it is still WAY too soon for them to be coming out again...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #389 on: June 7, 2012, 11:15 PM »
Sweet. I never bit on either the AT-AT or BMF when they were out, so I'll be sure to grab them now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk