Author Topic: Tron Legacy Toys  (Read 6363 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Tron Legacy Toys
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 05:33 PM »
I finally found a Sam at target last week which seemed to restock, had three pegs of the series 1 figs. I picked the better of the two Sams though both had a deformed baton. Today I found the Rinzler Identity Disk, which along with Sams' are clearanced to $9.00 :) And a friend in Tx who works at Target found me a Quorra. And one local wally had marked the Flynn Lightcycle down to $3.50 ! but I'm not really interested in it. Happy hunting for anyone still intersted in this line.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 05:08 PM »
The discs do not fit on the back of the 3.75" figs.  What kind of **** is that?!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I got the black young Flynn's light cycle and bad guy flying thing both 50% off clearance priced at Target.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 10:24 PM »
I picked up Sam, Clu, Rinzler, Quorra and black guard at Big Lots today for $3.50 each.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I picked up one of the deluxe 10" tall Rinzlers and a Jarvis last week; then a secret santa got me the Lightrunner and Sam's lightcycle. Wouldn't mind having a deluxe Blackguard for $6. They had the reg figs for $4 last week. While the deluxe figs lack a lot of articulation, they do look very cool and one of Rinzler's ID disks fits on his back as it should. He comes with two ID Disks, two deactivated combat batons, one katana blade, the large version of the garrote the reg fig came with and what looks like a non-illuminated battle staff. The reg Jarvis comes with a plain  black data pad I'll probably customize and his ID Disk. And yikes another example of WHY most of the other figures like Clu and Quorra come with helmets, that 'face' is hideous; and the head is only a swivel joint while all others are sorta ball joint.
The Lightcycle is a very cool toy, in both its looks and play value.  The engine revs up, makes drivingn noises and as the front tire turns, it spins the visible engine. Haven't opened the lightrunner yet but it looks equally cool.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2012, 08:14 AM »
Picked up a deluxe Blackguard at target for $3.74 - yep that's right just under $4 for a deluxe 10" figure.Now the articulation on the deluxe versions isn't as good as the 4" figures but the detailing is more evident. He comes with a two piece flying wing set the snaps onto his back and like Rinzler, his ID Disk snaps on as well. He comes armed with two removable battle batons that also plug into his elbows as seen on the smaller version but that's it. SO since Rinzler came armed to the virtual teeth with 2 disks, 2 batons, an electric garrotte and staff, they share the weapons since Rinsler is only seeing wielding his two ID disks in combat. Also picked up a die cast 3man light jet for 98 cents. ONly figures I don't have are a Sentry and Kevin Flynn.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2012, 09:28 AM »
I picked up another One Man Light Plane the other day, $3.74.  Also snagged Sam's Light Cycle.  We didn't really have any figures left and none of the Deluxe figures.  The Deluxe got clearanced out last year.  The die-cast went quick otherwise I'd probably have picked up a couple

I did see some Deluxe at KMart on Sunday along with 4" figure.  They were "clearance" tagged but not really marked down.  The 4" figures were still $7.  Needless to say, I didn't buy anything there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 6, 2012, 12:39 PM »
Glad to see someone else collecting and enjoying Tron Legacy toys as much as I do. The 4" figures really are very cool toys, pretty well articulated, not quite "star wars super articulated" but still very good. I only wish they could have done a better job with human likenesses, I never got Flynn because he looked rather wonky and while Sam sports his battle helmet, the face is very plain; Poor Jarvis is the pits. I would have liked to have had non-helmeted figures of Quorra, Sam and CLu; plus a 'real world' Sam and Alan Bradley plus FLynn in his black robe and Clu with his robe - those were very cool outfits in the movie! I know Castor and a derezzed Blackguard were planned but never made/released. Gem would also have been a cool figure considering how much screen time she has. Oh well, here's hoping another manufacturer picks up the line IF/When they make Tron 3.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"