Author Topic: Tron Legacy Toys  (Read 6340 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Tron Legacy Toys
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I didn't see a thread for this, if there is one, my apologies. While the movies looks absolutely Fantastic, these figs look bad. Nowhere near as cool as I hoped for. While there are three sizes of figs, the regular 3.34, 6-8" and a large size figure, the light-up and voice effects of the two larger sizes is rather cool. Though the gimmick is limited by just a few phrases. They are made by spinmasters who made the Last Airbender figs and those were absolutely horrid.
They also have a series of diecaast vehicles, toy vehicles for the figures, a regular and deluxe 'data frisbee' thingy LOL.
While I hope the movie does great at the box office, the toys will not sell well and are a little overpriced. If they go clearance, I may pick up a few.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Tron Legacy Toys
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2010, 12:50 AM »
I'd like to pick up the 3 3/4" size ones but for $9.99 they are not worth it. Of course neither is TVC at that price.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2010, 10:10 AM »
If they go clearance, I may pick up a few.

took the words right out of my mouth.

The 3 3/4 figures do look a little bit bigger than SW figures to me - but I would grab some of these not only for the novelty, but also because they look like they could be used as some bad guys or police offers in my sons SW universe

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 2, 2011, 12:45 PM »
If anyone out there is actually collecting the smaller figures, there is apparently a Series 2 coming soon.  Target had a one-man attack glider thing this morning, and there were three figures pictured on the back (one being Quorra who, unfortunately, was wearing a helmet) that I hadn't seen before.  The box for the glider also said "Series 2" on it, so if the current glut of figures clears out a little, there might be some new stuff on the horizon.

« Last Edit: January 2, 2011, 12:46 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 2, 2011, 05:30 PM »
These figures actually did well here for Christmas.  Right before the weekend both Target and Walmart seemed to sell a lot of the 4" figures.  The Light Cycles did okay at Walmart also.  The rest of the stuff, maybe not so much.

If those kinds of sales were more widespread that just my two-store example, I think there's a good shot at those wave 2 figures. 

I was disappointed that really none of them have human heads, though.  I'd love an Olivia Wilde Quorra and a Beau Garrett Gem.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:21 PM »
I saw Quorra at Target. Don't remember if she was wearing a helmet for not.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure Quorra is only available with a helmet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Now that the Tron Legacy figures and toys are going clearance, at least at walmart, I found and picked up the 4" Rinzler for $5, the die cast Recognizer vehicle for $2! Plus the regular dvd for $16. The larger figs that were about $15-$19 are now only $7, not bad.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 09:39 AM »
I just noticed last night that Target had dropped their prices too.  The 4" figures were all $5.99, the light cycle was $9.99 and the smaller die cast were $2.99.  They also had the deluxe vehicles for $14.99.  Didn't keep track of all of the prices, but those stood out as they were the lines I paid the most attention to.

My Walmart has some Tron stuff in the clearance aisle, but not all.  The larger figs were there (don't recall price) and they had the light cycle for $7 I think.

E...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 02:20 PM »
I ended up finally seeing the movie last night and, since I knew Meijer had a sale on them this week, I went out and grabbed them.  $10 each was wayyyyy too high on these - Meijer had them for $5 each.

So for that price I got 1 of each of the following:  Black Guard, CLU, CLU's Sentry, Kevin Flynn, Rinzler, Sam Flynn, Jarvis and Quorra

CTR has the following figures listed on their site:  Castor, Black Guard Derezed, Rinzler-Tron    but I havent seen pics of these anywhere except for Castor on the cardbacks.  were these three cancelled?  

I also got the Light Runner from Meijer for $12 and since I bought over $50 worth of stuff I was able to use a $5 off Meijer coupon   ;D

and to round out the day I nabbed a Kevin Flynn Light Cycle from Walmart on clearance for $7
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:22 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 05:09 PM »
grabbed the 3 man jet craft thingy from this line today at K-Mart for $15.  It looked like they had everything from the Tron line 50% off

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 10:27 AM »
My area - central NC, never got any series two figs that I 'know' of; would like to have gotten a Quorra at least. But with the stuff getting clearanced out, doubt I'll find anything else.
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I'm not sure we saw wave 2 here either.  I didn't stalk the toy aisles looking for them, though.  I know Target had an end cap for a while so they saw more stock than WM did.  Never did pick any of these up but I think besides the discounts at Target, we'll probably start seeing actual clearance prices pretty quick.  Target will want that space back for TF3 and/or Captain America.

I'm still thinking I'll pick up a light cycle eventually, maybe the deluxe car as well.  If I can score them for the right price, anyway.

E...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 3, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Picked up Clu and BlackGuard at target on sale. They had three Clu's and only one came with the katana sword, the other two just had a battle baton; on the back of the package, there was a sticker over the words for the sword. Coolness for me. The Blackguard is pretty cool looking figure with his funky outfit. He's got two battle batons and his disk but can only hold two at a time. Wish they had made the light up button on their backs able to hold the disks ;)
So that brings me to three TL figs ;)
Also picked up another die cast Recognizer and Flynns' Cycle and the LightRunner.
I'd like to find a semi-decent Sam (considering they ALL have funky faces) and a Quorra (even if she's wearing a helmet since spinmasters can't do human likenesses at ALL LOL).
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 6, 2011, 12:26 AM »
I picked up a Black Guard on sale at Target today.  It's a nice figure, has decent articulation and the accessories are nice.  The limbs are a little rubbery but he stands well.  I agree that it would be nice if the disks fit on the backs.  It's the little details like that that can really take a toy up a notch with little efford.

Still, glad I picked this one up.  It's pretty badass looking.

E...