Author Topic: TVC will fail...  (Read 21357 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TVC will fail...
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2010, 02:17 AM »
BTW - TVC will fail...at TRU for $10.99 each!

If Hasbro does keep pricing a collector-focused line so highly, then it just threatens the line even more so. I could never swallow the idea of TVC being $7.99 at Target, so $10.99 is just straight-up ridiculous. If TCW figures were priced around that $10.99 range, they would probably still sell the same due to their kid-friendly focus.

As someone mentioned above, TAC seems to be one of the best lines Hasbro has ever done so far. There was a perfect balance of key/obscure characters. The packaging was colorful and made the line stand apart on the shelves. Towards the end of its run Legacy became too collector-focused, and TVC is doing pretty well at balancing character selections. By looking at TVC 2011 Wave 1, however, I bet there will be plenty of pegwarming from that wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49 AM »
Well, that's not Hasbro so much as it's Toys R Us jacking their prices.  Hasbro set the $7.99 MSRP and TRU is just ignoring it.  Hasbro's hands are tied as to what the retailers decide to jack prices up to though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Well, that's not Hasbro so much as it's Toys R Us jacking their prices.  Hasbro set the $7.99 MSRP and TRU is just ignoring it.  Hasbro's hands are tied as to what the retailers decide to jack prices up to though.

Yeah, true. I wonder if TRU will lower the prices after the holidays - maybe it's a master strategy, to jack up the prices, get plenty of casual buyers during the holidays, and then lower the prices after the Christmas season is over. ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"