Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Do you accept everything as Canon or do you pick and choose?

<< < (3/3)

Lestat:
If arguing about canon is pointless and stupid then why are you even bothering with this thread? Regardless, this debate has become pointless so I think I'm about done.

Jesse James:
Because you asked.  I'm not really intending to "argue" with you about it because nothing's going to suddenly make me think anything is any different than it has ever been. :)  LFL set it up and have maintained it the same way for a couple of decades, and have made some adjustments along the way because of stuff like Clone Wars creeping in, and Clone Wars The Movie, and so on.  Arguing about what is/isn't canon has always been kind of pointless to me because it's always been established that LFL considers it all relevant and official...  till they decide they (and by "they", we all know it means Lucas) don't consider it relevant any longer and decide to change it completely.

I think fans just need to look at it like they're Lucas...  What works that your corporate monster approved, would you choose to **** on because it doesn't fit your ideal?  Make it yours, so you actually enjoy it more.  If something you like doesn't fit, bull**** a reason to make it fit, if you care.

501ST:

--- Quote from: JediJman on February  2, 2011, 11:34 AM ---

I always find this debate humorous.  

--- End quote ---

Good... laughter is good for the soul.

--- Quote from: Lestat on February  3, 2011, 11:09 PM ---If arguing about canon is pointless and stupid then why are you even bothering with this thread?

--- End quote ---

Interesting question indeed.

darthschroeder:
I always liked the idea proposed by Robert Brown (the "Millennium Falcon : Ship of Mysteries" guy) :

That the films be taken as a (fictional) "History". 

And then everything else be taken as legend, "based on a true story", or "inspired by true events"

So I can rationalize: of course Luke started a Jedi academy after the Battle of Endor. But Hutts never "really" stole a Death Star gun and flew it around the galaxy.  That's just one of hack holo-drama  producer Jander Son-Nikev's stupid embellishments. 

This mind frame allows me to accept the  "existence" of Mara Jade and Thrawn without losing sleep over the events on which Zahn couldn't outguess George's prequels.

I guess this take on SW is like LFL's "levels of canon", but more individualized. 

George's Films are like "Tora, Tora, Tora,"  where KJA is making "Pearl Harbor."

doug

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version