Author Topic: Joecon 2011  (Read 9535 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Joecon 2011
« Reply #30 on: April 6, 2011, 03:42 PM »
I think 25th had some shaky releases due to the fact that Hasbro hadn't originally planned a full carded line.  But when it really took off, they scrambled and got the line rolling.  But I agree, what they're putting out now is not only some of the best stuff they've ever done but some of the best stuff in the 4" scale out of any company.

I really liked most of what was shown at the con, even the Renegades figures look great.  But did anyone else notice the lack of vehicles?  Yes, they have the excellent new Skystriker coming and the VTOL Cobra vehicle looks nice, but the other two vehicles were repaints (Hiss and VAMP).  Those Alpha vehicles that are supposed to be coming, Hiss Scout and Ashiko, are now going to be online exclusives and it seems that Hasbro may be giving up that shelf space at retail.

As I mentioned, I think that if Hasbro can't get Walmart back on board for the Joe line, we may not see some of this stuff get released.  There's just a real lack of retailer support for Joe right now, and it's too bad.  With Renegades getting pulled and the troubling news about the feature film, it feels like an uphill battle for the toy line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 7, 2011, 10:07 PM »
The GI Joe line is insanely good right now.  I love it.  I'll buy what I can find when it comes to new Star Wars releases, but I'm not going crazy.  But GI Joe stuff is a big priority.  The figures are incredible.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Thrawn

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 02:24 PM »
On Scum someone posted some more pics of that Zombie Viper.  I initially thought those things on the ground next to him were tree limbs (doesn't make sense - I know) - turns out they are giant over-sized arms to put on your Zombies.  So now the Zombies aren't just Zombies - they are Mutant Zombies!

I'm pretty sure the zombies vipes are going to be in an upcoming renegades episode.  (sorry if someone all ready said that)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 11:44 PM »
Received my Dial-Tone today:

Dial-Tone

I ordered an extra when I renewed my membership, I always take the 12" figure as my free item, and after the show, as some of you may know, had the Club offer me a carded figure because the bagged membership figure was oversold.  Paid an extra $5 for him, but I was more than happy to have the carded figure for less than what eBay is charging.

Still, I'd like to get a bagged figure so that I can have a loose figure, but I'm pretty happy having this in my collection.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"