Author Topic: 2010 "Best Of" The Vintage Collection  (Read 6680 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Best Of" The Vintage Collection
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Paul.  Remove him.  Please.   :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 04:10 PM »
  To me, it's not a multi-pack...  More comparable, to me, to exclusive vehicles or whatnot.

Like a Playset?

I was sort of thinking that, but to me a playset is "more" than that...  A base with walls or something.  Like the Lars set.  Jabba's more like a super deluxe figure, in my eyes.  Add the palace, and it's a playset.  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 12:16 PM »
A lot of nice stuff this year, although most of it again came in the last few months.  Not too many stinkers in the Vintage Collection really, with the ROTJ wave really shining through.

Best Figures - Lots of figures to list, but I'll try to limit it to five:  Gamorrean Guard, Admiral Ackbar, Wicket, Bespin Luke Skywalker, Jedi Luke Skywalker.  Others to mention Magna Guard, Geonosis Pack C-3PO, Princess Leia (Hoth Gear), Dak Ralter, Darth Sidious, Wooof, Endor Soldier.

Best Vehicle - AT-AT or Snowspeeder.  Different pricepoints, but both really cool.  The AT-AT is just a great "toy", even if it isn't scale accurate.  Snowspeeder is one of my all time favorites, and I'm really glad we got a scaled down, spiffy version.

Best Exclusive - Jabba the Hutt set.  We've been waiting awhile for an all-out new Jabba w/Dais, and I think Hasbro did a pretty nice job on this.  Plus, it included a pretty nicely done Oola figure, that probably could have been a regular release as well.

Best Multipack - Not sure if I bought many "battle packs" in the traditional sense this year, but I'll vote for Target's Defense of Hoth set.  I could only afford one set, so I passed on the equally cool Attack of Hoth set since I already picked up a couple of the new AT-STs last year.  A lot of nice stuff included in the Defense set as well, and a nice tribute to ESB.

A lot of nice stuff last year, even though it only seemed like we got half of a line with the big break again.  The vast majority of the figures in the Vintage Collection line were pretty nicely done though, and even the repack/retools were good.  I hope we see another nice run in 2011, hopefully without the six month break :).