Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 4)  (Read 22317 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 18 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 4)
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Whew, definitely made the right call on THAT one.  ;D

Scored this whole wave this morning at Target, all on minty cards, and best of all - only $6 each!

That's right, $31.50 for all 5 figures, including tax. You can't beat that with a stick, especially for figures of this quality.

I had no idea they had even dropped to $6 for TCW figs, must be a recent thing.

This is easily the best wave since the Hondo/Aayla wave. I dig it every bit as much as I thought I would, I only wish I could crack a few open but I'll have to wait until I see more.

Embo and Shaak Ti tie for winners - both came out stunningly. The Boba likeness is spot on, probably the best they have done outside of Pre Vizsla. Astromechs don't thrill me so much, but I love the carded Mandalorian.

They've really set the bar high now for this line, I can't wait to see what they come up with for next year. (Sugi? Seripas?)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Embo and Shaak Ti tie for winners - both came out stunningly. The Boba likeness is spot on, probably the best they have done outside of Pre Vizsla. Astromechs don't thrill me so much, but I love the carded Mandalorian.

I also dig the Shaak Ti figure. I thought it was strange how they used a VERY rubbery plastic for her headtails - the head and headtails look like two separate pieces. Makes for easier posing compared to the harder plastic used in the Geonosis Arena Shaak Ti.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 09:22 AM »
I've now cracked open Shaak Ti and Embo and they are easily two of the best figures ever in this line, IMO. The paint apps, articulation, sculpting, etc are all top notch. I don't even care if Shaak Ti has eyebrows.  ::)

If I had any misgivings at all, and these are a stretch, Shaak Ti doesn't seem terribly posable with all those robes on. And Embo is a wee bit top-heavy and the hat detaches a little too easily, but those are minor details.

I love that freakin' Bowcaster too!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 05:45 PM »
I normally do not collect the animated stuff but I picked up Embo because I really liked the character. What I love about this figure the most is he looks realistic and not cartoony. He is a top notch figure and I loved the execution. The Bowcaster is sweet!

I wish this line was not animated I would have loved many of this characters if they were realistic. I am very happy Embo can pass for it though, so it's something.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 07:50 PM »
I found all of these (except for the Mando) at TRU Express in Winnipeg yesterday. Shaak Ti is awesome! :D

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 06:13 PM »
I got the whole wave today.  Best wave so far in this line I think.  I also picked up a few in the next wave including Vos!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 02:00 AM »
I'm beginning to see trickles of the Ki-Adi wave, which is getting me stressed because the Embo wave has barely had a full run at my local Targets - I've only seen them once.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 09:04 AM »
The Embo wave has actually come through Wally World quite a bit here.  It's the Vos wave that's a little harder to come by.  I love Embo.  He's close to my favorite CW figure.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2010, 05:49 PM »
I'm beginning to see trickles of the Ki-Adi wave, which is getting me stressed because the Embo wave has barely had a full run at my local Targets - I've only seen them once.

I hear that...I don't think we even got the Aayla wave back in Spring (or whenever she came out), Ditto the Force Unleashed Shaak Ti, which i KNOW was available, as i was able to pick up Jaina Solo at TRU.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2010, 01:24 AM »
Found this wave in overabundance today at Target... my eyes widened when I saw 3-4 Embos on the shelves, so with a "YES!" I was able to buy him. I already have Shaak Ti, and I was about to snag little Boba as well when a little kid right next to me snatched the only one and started jumping up and down. ::)

Reiterating what people have said, Embo really is great.