Author Topic: 2010 "Best Of" the Clone Wars  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2010 "Best Of" the Clone Wars
« on: December 28, 2010, 10:35 AM »
Just a few days left in the year 2010, so what were some of your favorites from the Clone Wars line?  Although I've bought much of the figures from this line since the beginning, I thought the CW stuff really came into its own this year, with a lot of neat stuff out there.  The deluxe line also had some neat stuff, despite the higher (and raising at TRU) price, as well as some other nice items.  What were your favorites from the Clone Wars line this year?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: 2010 "Best Of" the Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:25 PM »
This was a pretty good year for the line.  I think 2009 may have some more variety, but you cannot beat the quality of some of the figures we got this year, especially toward the back half.

My top 10 CW 2010 (in no particular order):

Thi-Sen
Bossk
Embo
Zombie Genosian
Pre Visla / Mando Warrior
Nadar Vebb
Cato Parasiti
Snow Rex / Snow Clone / Flame Thrower Trooper
Boba Fett carded
Magna Guard repaint

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Whew, I can't even remember everything that came out this past year. Here's my Quick-Hit list:

BEST FIGURE(S): Hard to narrow this down as they hit so many home runs in this year, but I'll go with:

ZOMBIE GEONOSIAN (This thing is all kinds of awesome - excellent sculpt, detachable limbs, great articulation. I just wish he stood up better with that huge gun)
SHAAK TI (Eyebrows aside, this crushed ANYTHING from the Realistic side, IMHO, especially that godawful Jedi Arena sculpt)
EMBO (Everything about this guy rules - articulated bowcaster?!?! You betcha! I bought 3)
FLAMETHROWER CLONE (Pretty much anything made from the Geonosis arc ruled)

Honorable mentions: Pre Vizsla, Aurra Sing, Cato Parasitti, Robonino

BEST DELUXE SET - The AT-RT repaint from the Geonosian arc with Boil...love that deco.

BEST BATTLE PACK - Mandos or ARC Troopers...take yer pick

BEST VEHICLE - Nothing wowed me this year like the Octuptarra Droid, but I'll go with the HMP Droid Gunship. New sculpt, good functionality, good size.

BEST EXCLUSIVE - TRU's Slave I UBP...after the sale prices kicked in, this ended up being a pretty good value. Plus we got Bossk!

HARDEST THINGS TO FIND THIS PAST YEAR: Magnaguard figure - only saw him once at retail and back them I was on the hunt a ridiculous amount of the time. And I never saw the last 2 red/white BP's - Jedi Showdown and Holocron Heist. Only SW toys I have NEVER seen at a store. Absurd, I know...we just did not get ANY around here. I ahd to order mine off HTS.

Overall, it was a great year though...the line is really coming into its own I think. All I would ask for 2011 is more new stuff, fewer repacks, and better spacing of waves without getting crushed or waiting for months.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 02:19 AM »
2010 really was a great year for TCW - a step up with SA, and it seems like Hasbro is actually realizing that besides kids, some collectors actually buy this line and actually want to see some sort of quality in it.

With that said, my favorites are...

1. PRE VISZLA - Dang, this sculpt is phenomenal - the crisp paintjob and sleek Darksaber make his character so cool - the upgraded SA and softgoods make it an all-around great figure.

2. SHAAK TI - I love Jedi! But this is a great sculpt (her headtails are actually moveable!), and Hasbro actually gave her a unique Jedi cloak! And she has SA! This version just tosses aside her realistic counterparts. 

3. EMBO - I like how there's so much attention paid to detail, such as how you can attach his knives and rifle to his bandolier, and he's so poseable! His hat falls off a tad too easily for my likening, but this is one of the finer sculpts of TCW 2010.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:31 AM »
I don't buy a ton of CW stuff, so I'm not able to really judge a lot I guess, but my thoughts go like this...

-Best Figure...  Embo.  I couldn't pass him up.  I had to have an Embo figure.  Aurra Sing would be a close 2nd though.

-Best Deluxe Fig/Vehicle...  AT-RT, really either of them.  I think the new AT-RT is a quite nice vehicle.  I got the Geonosis decoed one for Christmas and love it.

-Best Battlepack...  Orto Plutonia.  Second crack at a good/rare figure and that was appreciated.  Wish it had another one packed in as a warrior, but just getting a 2nd crack at THi Sen was nice.

-Best Vehicle...  This is kind of out of anything in the CW packaging since not much was CW specific really I guess, but I chose the Hailfire Droid.  It was such a fun toy to play with, and functions incredibly well for Hasbro's first forray into the RC realm with their stuff (well, first for the most part).  It also wound up selling briskly at the holidays which helps me keep hope alive that there will be another RC vehicle done.  The price is a tough pill to swallow for many people, and myself I think $60 is fair for what it is but tough to justify on a whim.  As a toy though, I thought it was fantastic.

-Best Multi-Pack...  I didn't buy any, but my vote would go to either the Senate Commando 2-pack, or the DVD pack with the fish guy. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 10:04 AM »
My top figures from TCW line:

SA Kit Fisto
SA General Grevious
Pre Viszla
Senate Commando and Captain Jayfon Two Pack
Shaak Ti
ARF Camo Trooper
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope