Author Topic: iTunes Question  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
iTunes Question
« on: January 1, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I just thought I'd post to see if anyone had any advice.  We've recently been having problems with iTunes (getting an error message when trying to purchase, as well as when we try to update our iPod).  I've been back and forth with iTunes support for a month and a half now, and it seems their "last resort" advice is to uninstall/reinstall iTunes.  Now, I've got all of our music backed up, so that's not a problem - but what I'm worried about is the digital copies of movies that we have on there.  I realize that iTunes itself is more a method for playing it, not the source of the movies themselves, but I was worried we may lose those if/when we uninstall.  We don't have a DVD burner on our computer, so backing them up isn't as much of an option either.  Anyways, just curious if anyone knew if we would lose those movies - and if so, what we could possibly do to keep them.  I was always under the impression that when you took the digital copy off of DVDs/etc. that it was a "one time deal", but maybe I'm wrong there too.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes Question
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2011, 07:12 AM »
When you uninstall iTunes, your entire library is still on your hard drive.  I can't say anything about download movies or TV shows, but all my podcasts automatically showed back up when I reinstalled iTunes as well as my music library.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 3, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Gotta hand it to Apple. Great hardware. Crappy software.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 3, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Doesn't the iTunes Store keep track of movies and stuff you've downloaded already and let you re-download everything if it's the same computer?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks