Author Topic: Toy Fair 2011  (Read 30245 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Toy Fair 2011
« on: January 4, 2011, 10:56 AM »
It's that time of year again!   Time for imaptient goofs like myself to start daydreaming about Toy Fair.  At this point, I know to expect less than we were once used to, because Hasbro holds stuff for SDCC. While I don't understand this, since Toy Fair is for retail buyers, and SDCC for Fans, I have come to accept it.

I hope to see a few new waves of TVC and TCW figs.  I'm really hoping to see Dr. Ezavan painted up.  He's been my most wanted fig for years.

I am curious to see if there will be any special products for the Blu-Ray release.  While I'm not into packaging gimmicks, the Target Exclusive 9 pack format would be great.  Maybe one for each trilogy?

We have heard rumors of another big vehicle, but nothing concrete.  My guess is the Attack Shuttle from TCW. Maybe there will be some small vehicles we aren't expecting.  Who knows...

Feel free to jump in any time.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Thanks, have been looking forward to this topic.

Considering we're somewhat in the doldrums right now, I actually am hoping to see a deeper offering of the Spring and early Summer releases.

I want to see at least 2 full waves beyond the TCW Hevy wave, and not just Commander Lock and the non-zombie Geonosian that have already leaked.

I absolutely want to see/hear about the Big Ship for 2011, and I pray they follow their own directive and choose an "ICONIC" vehicle and not some stupid, boring shuttle. (Ok, I'll take the T-6, but that's it, the rest are just flying taxi cabs - boring)

Twilight or the Bounty Hunter Assault ship from the Lego line uber alles!  ;D

I also want to see at least 1-2 midsize vehicles beyond the Jedi Turbo Speeder, and maybe a new Battlepack or Deluxe Vehicle set or two. (Dathomir Speeder, please!!!)

If I'm really being optimistic, I would love to hear that the comic packs or mail-in promotions for the TCW line have been resurrected for 2011 as well.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2011, 02:58 PM »
I just filled out my top 30 OT wants poll thing they have going on over at RS.com so I pretty much know what I want - all ROTJ figures. 

Seriously, I really looked hard at all the lists of the lists they had going on over there and there really wasn't too much from ANH or ESB tickling my fancy.  There are a bunch of EU figures I would like to see some day too - but first and foremost, in the EU category, I would like to see more figures from the Ewok movies, KOTOR, and to a lesser extent  - Ewok/Droid cartoons.

I have not had time to really go through the PT lists yet, but I don't thin that there is much there I am interested.  A couple of resculpts maybe - Jar Jar, Pannaka, and Maul - but I don't think I want them more than any of the yet to be made Jabba goons.

So, if I could get my way, I would like to see more ROTJ goodness at TF.  Fozec would be cool.  And of course I want the next big thing to be the Sail Barge.   ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2011, 06:13 PM »
I hope we get to see the final product of Bastilla Shan, I've been looking forward to her figure since she won the fan's choice voting.

I also hope we get to see the big item for 2011 - that's the one item they always show. They have to, since Toy Fair, as Mike pointed out, is for the toy buyers, they have to be shown the big marquee item for this year. We saw the Big AT-AT last year, the Turbo Tank the year before that and the year before that we saw both the AT-TE and the BMF. So whatever the big item is, it will be there.

I hope we'll get at least one wave of The Vintage Collection beyond the first mixed wave of mostly repacks, two would be fantastic, but to be honest, with the AOTC wave not hitting until this month sometime and then the first mixed wave hitting sometime in February, I wouldn't be surprised to find that we're getting only one more Vintage wave after that before the big push starts again in the Fall. Hasbro's gotten too used to having big gaps of product in the Spring, and unless something has changed, I doubt 2011 will be any different. It would also be great if we get some kind of update on Wedge and when he's going to make it into the line.

I also agree with McMetal - since the waves are smaller (4 or 5 figures each) I think we should definitely get two waves minimum beyond the Heavy/New Obi-Wan wave. I hope we'll also find out the fate of Commander Jet in the line.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: January 4, 2011, 07:40 PM »
Speaking of the big, long gaps in Hasbro product during the spring, I just wish they would let us know about it ahead of time, AND admit it is so that whatever movie stuff they are putting out does not have to compete with SW.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2011, 02:55 PM »
I'd love to see an ESB repaint of the new Slave 1.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2011, 03:40 PM »
The Rebel Fleet Trooper?
I am not the Stig

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2011, 04:50 PM »
I'd love to see an ESB repaint of the new Slave 1.

I would too, but it is probably still too early for that since TRU is still sitting on a pile of them.  If the CW version was a Target exclusive it would have sold through or been clearanced out by now - then I could see it being shown at TF.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2011, 05:58 PM »
The long awaited Death Star playset, Sail Barge and a killer Theed Palace (wakes up from dream).

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2011, 06:50 PM »
How about some Galactic Heroes Hasbro?  We have absolutely NO more upcoming releases (besides the AT-ST Kohl's snafu - who's going to get it?)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 5, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I assume we'll see the new packaging for 2011. ::)

I know Lucasfilm forces the packaging changes but it's just sad that you can still go to stores and see every kind of packaging from 2008 to now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2011, 11:04 PM »
I think Hasbro has stated that the TVC package will stay that way for two years.

But, yes, I agree about how crappy the pegs look with cards from 4 collections.  I think it makes SW unappealing to a newcomer becuase it makes the line so complicated and involved.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 5, 2011, 11:36 PM »
How about some Galactic Heroes Hasbro?  We have absolutely NO more upcoming releases (besides the AT-ST Kohl's snafu - who's going to get it?)

I'd love to see some more of these because my son really enjoys them.  He's more into the GI JOE ones though.  As for the AT-ST set, do plan on getting it if I ever see one.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2011, 06:12 AM »

I'd love to see some more of these because my son really enjoys them.  He's more into the GI JOE ones though.  As for the AT-ST set, do plan on getting it if I ever see one.

What's up w/ the AT-ST set anyway?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2011, 09:43 AM »
I assume we'll see the new packaging for 2011. ::)

I think Hasbro has stated that the TVC package will stay that way for two years.

True, but that doesn't stop LFL from changing the CW and Legends packaging to match whatever the theme for CW Season 4 will be.  They've changed the CW stuff every year, I'm guessing Diddly is right and we can expect another change this year for those two lines.

What's up w/ the AT-ST set anyway?

No one knows for sure.  The were some pretty solid rumors that Kohl's balked at the last minute and decided not to take the set, but the Q&A sessions ended for the holidays before anyone could confirm what happened with Hasbro.

I'll ask them about it at Toy Fair (if we don't hear something before then).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender