Author Topic: Sesame Street Figures  (Read 22816 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: Sesame Street Figures
« Reply #45 on: January 4, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Word on the Palisades boards is that Retail is balking at the line.  Too kiddy for collectors and too adult for kiddies ::)

That's the problem I've seen with the line all along.  I grew up watching Sesame Street, but I'm not about to shell out $10-15 for an Ernie figure.  My kids watch Sesame Street, but I'm not about to shell out that money for an action figure that quite frankly is made for adults and will probably break with minimal playing. 

I think this whole thing is kind of reflective of the toy industry in general.  There's too much that's geared towards adults, much of which is somewhat esoteric to begin with. 

John

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2006, 03:20 AM »
I feel like Palisades is nearing its end... That is, unless they manage to do something drastic.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: February 2, 2006, 12:03 AM »
From the President of Palisades, Mike Horn
"I regret to inform you that after more than 11 successful years, Palisades Entertainment, LLC has discontinued its business of manufacturing and selling licensed and proprietary action figures, collectibles, toys and other goods. This development parallels a general trend within the toy industry, including the bankruptcy of one of Palisades’ largest customers.

Palisades has sold a substantial portion of its assets to another industry player, an affiliate of C.A.S. Iberia, Inc. named Limited by CAS, Inc. That company will continue the sale of certain of the brands that Palisades developed, including the Factory X line.

The sale transaction did not include employment for me or my wife Kate, who many of you know. Consequently, neither Kate nor I will be reachable at the buyer’s offices, nor will we have any ongoing relationship with the buyer.

I don’t have any plans for the immediate future beyond enjoying life with Kate and our children, until I figure out our next chapter.

I’d like to take this time to thank all of my friends and colleagues, and in particular, the team that helped me build and nurture Palisades for so many years."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2007, 02:46 PM »
This doesn't really have anything to do with toys, but I saw this article via the Yahoo News homepage, and I thought I'd pass it along to other fans of Sesame Street :)

Clicky Here

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 7, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Sounds like Hasbro has picked up the license for Sesame Street.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 03:25 PM »
I forgot to post that Jeff let me know Hasbro is coming out with new Sesame figures this year...and have stated that they are trying to veer away from just Elmo, Cookiee and Ernie like Mattel did...he was going to get some shots this weekend :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Unfortunately, due to the lighting, most of my SS pics didn't turn out too well (we were in a rush on the way out).  Maybe Rob has some to share...  :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Mr.  Hooper's store.   :'(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77