Author Topic: Crysis 2  (Read 3077 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Crysis 2
« on: January 4, 2011, 11:54 AM »
I hadn't heard about this line of figures till Generals Joes posted a story about them.  The figs were found at Target, generally stocked next to the Halo figures.  Price should be about $8 but it seems that some people found them before they were in the computer and got them cheaper.

They're about 4" figures with decent articulation and weapons.  The aliens/mechs look like some good bad guy types and the C.E.L.L. figure seems to be the winner for the human characters.

Not familiar with the game they're based on, but these could make some cool additions to several lines and I'm sure some customizers will have a field day with them. 

Anyone here pick any of these up yet or think they will when found?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Crysis 2
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2011, 02:22 PM »
First on the game - I am playing the the original Crysis right now - super fun FPS - I highly recommend.  I Picked it, plus 2 expansions, on Steam during their week long holiday sale for $10.  This game has pretty darn high system requirements - but it is beautiful.

On the figures, I saw them at Target - they look a bit too big to really fit in with other lines when I looked at them at first glance.  

edit:  just looked at the pics in the link - the out of package pics make them look a lot smaller than what they looked like to me in the package.  So it looks like the scale isn't too off after all.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2011, 02:25 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2011, 03:29 PM »
I saw them at Target the other day.  Kinda cool looking, but I don't have much use for them.  I don't even have space to display all the SW and Marvel I want to.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2011, 10:36 PM »
Found these figures tonight.  The alien cyborg figs are kind of cheap looking, I think mainly due to the paint apps which are kind of flat.

The human characters seemed to pop a little better.  I had the C.E.L.L. figure in my hand but ultimately passed at $8. 

I stand by my earlier statement, I think some customizers will really enjoy the parts available here.  I also think that a really good paint job on the alien figs could make them better than they are.  I may still pick up one or two of these but I'm saving my cash right now for a couple Cobra Shock Troopers.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2011, 09:04 AM »
What I recall for seeing, if I am remembering correctly, was the human figures heads look small - which isn't necessarily the fault of the toy company because I think they look too small in game too.

ps - just played another mission on Crysis 1 last night.  Whew!  It is getting interesting!  Now the bad guys are armored out in the same suit I am wearing!  I can sniper them 4 times in the head from a distance and, because of their armor, it won't take them down!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2011, 10:32 AM »
The head on the C.E.L.L. figure is definitely too small because he has a helmet and gas mask on but the size is about what the head UNDER the helmet should be.  The Nomad and Alcatraz figures made out a little better.  Then the aliens...well, they're aliens.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2011, 10:45 PM »
I'm weak.  I stopped in Target again tonight and ended up buying the C.E.L.L. figure.  Overall it's a decent figure.  I was worried that he'd be brittle but seems solid.  The joints all work well and it feels like it will hold up as a toy, which is a definite plus.

The articulation is nice but could have been a little better.  The arms have an okay range of motion, enough that he can hold his rifle two-handed, but the shoulders are limited by the shoulder pads.  There's a swivel in the bicep, hinge elbow and rotating wrists.  Ball joint head, swivel torso similar to the POC Joes, hips also similar to Joes, hinge knees and ankles.  He has sort of a diaper crotch, like some early 25th Joes, so there's some limitation to the front/back swivel and there's no rotation in the legs so it's somewhat limiting. But, he has decent balance so you can still get him to stand in a few poses.  That's a good thing, because there are no holes for foot pegs.

The detail on the outfit isn't bad and there are a couple nice hints of color with the silver goggles, green on the shoulder laser/camera/whatever-it-is and blue logos on the shoulder pads.  The outfit is basically black and grey but it works for this type of character.

The weapons are decent, at least the rifle and grenade launcher.  Both have some decent details sculpted in and both have a dab of paint to them, which really doesn't add anything but it was a nice thought.  The pistol isn't bad but the detail is a little muted and the bomb and detonator are decent.  The paint app on the bombs keypad is actually a nice touch as it sets it off.  All of the weapons are made from a hard enough plastic that they feel like they'll hold up.  They don't feel brittle but would snap if you got too rough with them.

Overall it's a really nice figure.  The $8 price tag is a little high when Joe is a $1 cheaper and I could see that being a big knock against this line.  Now that I've seen one in person, I'm still confident that customizers will find some stuff to like with these figures.  I think you could hit up Marauder for some other weapons and, for CELL at least, slot him into your Joe, Star Wars, Marvel or other world as a SWAT team member, bounty hunter, or basic soldier.

E...