Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie  (Read 33416 times)

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2011, 09:38 PM »
I actually liked the mouth on the Snake Eyes mask in the first movie, it reminds me of the 1985 figure.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54 PM »
I'm very interested...  I didn't like ROC much.  I thought some of the figures were cool but I found the movie to be lacking the "feel" that I was hoping for...  The nostalgia.  I don't know that I'd have gone with The Rock as Roadblock either, but at this stage it was my only "hmmm" moment watching that trailer.

I liked seeing Bruce Willis...  I think he's an awesome addition and brings it a little credibility.  Snake Eyes and ninjas are always badass. 

I'm definitely liking the trailer to this a lot more than ROC...  I knew ROC wasn't going to be my thing, but this, I may be digging.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 10:07 PM »
I love the Roc. Its good to see him. Big surprise to see Bruce Willis. I like this series. Who is playing Cobra Commander this time? I didn't see it named in IMDB.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:09 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 11:25 PM »
I didn't see the first one, but will have to check it out.  Trailer for the next one looks awesome.  The Roc and Willis?  Kick ass.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Awesome trailer. Makes me wonder why they couldn't make a movie like this in the first place.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2011, 02:45 AM »
Part of it, I think, is because they rushed the script to beat the writer's strike back in 2007. But, yeah, it wasn't good.

I just watched it on DVD a couple weeks ago and it was the first time I'd seen it since opening night in the theater.  It doesn't hold up.  I have a lot of problems with it and really don't believe it should have been that hard to come up with a better idea for, well, just about everything.

And the sinking ice still pisses me off.  That final battle was pretty terrible, as was some of the CGI during the Paris chase.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2011, 02:48 AM »
I'm pretty pumped up by the trailer.  I definitely like the new look for Snake Eyes.  I'm in the camp that didn't like the mouth from the first film.  And yes, I'm happy to see Bruce Willis in the film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58 AM »
Holy ****! That is James ******* Carville behind the president in the presidential address scene right after Lady Jaye walks up the stairs in the smoking hot red dress.

James ******* Carville!

And is that Helix on the cliff face with Snake Eyes in the yellow/black?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2011, 08:02 AM »
I like the idea of GI Joe being disavowed and hunted down (like in the IDW ARAH comics). Of course, Zartan is President which doesn't make it too hard to give that order. It'll be interesting to see what's been retconned and I wonder with the attack on the Joes, if any of the last movies characters will be in the mix to explain what happened to Ripcord or Scarlett (they can't kill off Red)?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2011, 10:27 AM »
I'm not the biggest ROC fan either, although there were some things I liked (primarily SE and SS), but I think this trailer looks pretty sweet.  Like Ben mentioned earlier, not sure why they couldn't have just made something like this in the first place.  Cobra Commander's "look" (at least what we can see) is so improved, and something I wish they would have done in the first place.  I wasn't even sure if I was going to see this before, but now I'm a little more interested.  I read a rumor yesterday that the Rock had talked the producers/director into having Sgt. Slaughter cameo in the movie (the real one, whatever his real name is).  Not sure if it is true or not though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Looks pimp.  At least I'm not left scratching my head like I was after watching the ROC trailers - or the entire movie for that matter.  Was that a properly domed cc I saw at the white house?  Not sure as I think I saw a white dressed domed guy following Storm Shadow later.. ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Looks really good so far - but I want to see some sort of classic Cobra Troopers!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2011, 11:52 AM »
Didn't they kill off Storm Shadow in the last movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2011, 12:24 PM »
Looks pimp.  At least I'm not left scratching my head like I was after watching the ROC trailers - or the entire movie for that matter.  Was that a properly domed cc I saw at the white house?  Not sure as I think I saw a white dressed domed guy following Storm Shadow later.. ?

There's a shot of the president, a domed CC and Firefly standing on a walkway together.  There's also a shot of Storm Shadow in a lab of some sort and there are guys in white with domed helmets in tanks.  The tanks get blown and then there's a shot of SS walking out of what looks to be the lab followed buy a guy in white with the domed helmet.  I'm not sure if that's supposed to be CC or a Viper.

Yeah, "killed."  Snake sliced him up some and then dumped him off catwalk into the water and that's the last we saw of him.  Didn't actually see a body so, you know how that goes in a movie.

E...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 01:23 PM »

Yeah, "killed."  Snake sliced him up some and then dumped him off catwalk into the water and that's the last we saw of him.  Didn't actually see a body so, you know how that goes in a movie.

E...

And I believe there's a shot of Storm Shadow underwater, so it probably shows his escape.