Author Topic: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie  (Read 33425 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe Retaliation - The Movie
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Where was Firefly exactly because I just can't find the guy.

There's a scene, not sure the time (I'll check. EDIT: 1:01) where they show CC (I assume) and some other guy (who reminds me of maj. Bludd without the eyepatch), and further behind him on a catwalk is Firefly, the next scene show the Zartan President.

After looking again, there's a wider shoot of them on the catwalk and there appears to be another guy dressed up in the camo and mask on the screen left as well. So I'm probably wrong that it's Firefly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 03:22 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Ray Stevenson (Titus Pullo from Rome is how I know him) IS Firefly.

So the guy next to Cobra Commander and Zartan impersonating the President.

There is a fight between Firefly and Roadblock where they show both the Masked and un-masked Firefly in the trailer as well.  Not exactly in his classic Garb, but a change I can live with.

I agree with Jesse on killing characters, and this is hollywood, he wouldn't be really dead...

IMDB does not list Destro, Baroness, Scarlett, Breaker, Heavy Duty or COBRA COMMANDER

But DOES list: Blind Master, Flint, Tunnel Rat, Havoc, Mouse , Cobra Soldier and Cobra Storm Trooper

It is an exciting time, like I said, if nothing else it gives me something to look forward to this summer and Toy Fair 2012

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Wow he changed a lot since he wrote The Streak.

I figured he was dead, like Dave Coullier and Lee Greenwood.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:35 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2011, 04:56 PM »
I would be very surprised if they kill off Duke because Hasbro has spent a lot of years and money making him the poster child for the line.

The rumor seems to stem from the fact that Tatum is shown in the dessert and then after the attack it's said that they're all dead.  That seems to imply that Duke is dead also, even though we don't see him.  But, we also don't see him any later in the trailer either.

In RoC there were a lot of unnamed Joes running around the Pit and it may be a similar thing this time in the dessert.  It's kind of implied that the Joes from RoC (Breaker, Ripcord, Scarlett, Heavy Duty, etc) could be dead from the trailer but since they aren't named, I think it would not be in Hasbro's best interest to kill them all off.  I'm wondering if those Joes, and others, could be off-screen and jailed as renegades or scattered and that's why we don't see them.  Plus, the Joe roster is so huge, even without killing them, we could never see some of those characters again on film and still have a great pool of people to add to the team later.  Gung Ho, for one!

My final thought on Duke; since RoC didn't use the disfigurement storyline on Snake Eyes, and assuming Chu didn't change that, Duke could be all messed up in the attack but ultimately survive only to be recast after his miraculous recovery and extensive plastic surgery and looking strikingly like Sam Worthington. Or Tom Hardy?  Maybe Cam Gigandet?  I'd take Ryan McPartlin also.

E...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 04:57 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 2, 2012, 02:29 PM »
It looks like the Super Bowl Spot for this is already online:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/121/1217722p1.html

Short, but a few new clips in there.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 2, 2012, 05:23 PM »
Now that is more like it!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2012, 12:06 PM »
I finally caught Rise of Cobra last night (yes, I know I am way behind on my movies).  I thought it was pretty solid.  The overall plot was a little predictable, but the story wasn't bad and the action sequences were fantastic.  The focus on the Baroness as the baddie was great - she had a lot of good little one-liners among her other assets.  Some good name dropping of various old school Joes as well.  They are definitely set up well for the second flick - cna't wait to see it!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Will this new movie have anything to do with Rise of Cobra?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2012, 11:10 AM »
Pretty sure Zartan will still be playing the president and Cobra takes over the white house (you can see the huge cobra flags on the wh in the trailer) I'm just glad this new director is a fan of the 80's toys/toon so hopefully he delivers.  IIRC all he has done before this though was direct a Justin Bieber video.   :-\

Just a fewr recent bits from HISS/Huffington:

You're a G.I. Joe fan. In a perfect world, would you rather have just rebooted this franchise from scratch considering the first movie is nothing like G.I. Joe?

Yeah, I mean, for any filmmaker you want to start with nothing.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not in this movie. Under the mask, is this the same character that Levitt played?

No. [Smiling] But we figured out a way that's pretty nice. And you get the Cobra Commander that you've always wanted. Or, to me, what I always wanted: a bad-ass villain. He's one of the most iconic villains ever. I'm even following him on Twitter -- he's so funny.

Was that one of your first commands as director? "Cobra Commander has to look like Cobra Commander."

Yeah, definitely, no doubt. That and no lips on Snake Eyes. And no laser guns. And as much real, physical stunts as we can. I don't want to shoot on a green screen. Of course we had to do some green screen, but, for the most part, we got to shoot a lot of practical stunts.

And we may see Destro?

[Smiling] You may see a little glimpse of Destro. We'll have to see. Speaking of the comic book, I love "Silent Interlude." It's one of my favorite. Obviously that changed everything for Joe. We do a little homage in our movie to "Silent Interlude." I'm very excited for the fans to see what we do with that.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33 PM »
found this close up of Firefly @ TNI

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30 PM »
So, they delay the movie that might actually make them money? WTF. This has got to be some sort of sick joke. Not only is Hasbro left out in the cold, I was looking forward to seeing Retaliation this summer. I guess Avenger or Prometheus will get second viewings instead.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2012, 06:25 PM »
Is it April 1st?!  This has got to be a joke.  I mean, did Paramount expect Battleship to do well?  I guess all these Joe trailers have been exactly what they're supposed to be, teasers.  >:(

I was looking forward to catching this, too.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2012, 08:22 PM »
It may be unfair to Hasbro to call them out over this, I'm sure this was Paramount generated, but it being a Hasbro property, it seems like they would have had some type of input.

I doubt that Paramount suffers any financial impact as far as Hasbro's toy plans and releases go, but the advertising that they did, Super Bowl commercials aren't cheap, has already cost some money.  Unless I saw the ledger proving otherwise, I still don't see how this isn't a big financial blow to Paramount.  I can only guess what it'll do to Hasbro, but it's not going to do anything good.

Hell, Hasbro even cancelled the Renegades toon because they were concentrating on the movie and didn't want to confuse people.  I'm thinking THAT decision suddenly doesn't look so good either.

I've always been as much a fan of Hasbro's as I have of their SW and Joe toy lines.  But even my patience has about run out with them and their fault or not, this isn't helping their case with me.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"