Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 93998 times)

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2011, 03:27 PM »
well its not like I have left any on the pegs, Ive only seen 2.
I do like it a lot, my original plan was to completely crew my turbo tank with them
but with the difficulty of finding things anymore I stopped looking after these two.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2011, 11:39 PM »
There is an oddness to its articulation, but it's interesting how Hasbro is doing some of the new armored joints.  the shoulders were a little odd, but they actually recess into the torso armor...  It's difficult, but I was surprised by this.  I thought the shoulders were limited in range, but turns out they're as posable as any other figure.

I'd like a 2nd AT-RT Driver, he's the only figure of that wave I've not seen on pegs yet I believe.  I'd like to swap heads with the AOTC Clone since they're perfect swaps and one's younger while one's older.  It's a cool swap situation.

If I see another I may nab it.  I've seen the rest of the wave in some quantity or another over that trooper.  Oddly, the AOTC Clone is one of the ones I see the most out of the wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 1, 2011, 10:18 AM »
so, the funny shoulder joint will travel further if I push it a litte harder, IE roll into the torso a Little? If Thats the case, ill try it later, then I may want a couple more.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: June 1, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Yeah, just be careful, and watch how it can sort of roll up under the armor...  It's odd for sure.  Superior?  I'm not sure.  It's visually superior, but the joints are stiffer because of this now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 1, 2011, 05:44 PM »
The AT-RT driver is alright. The figure really could've used the ball hinged wrists. While it's not bad, I am totally in love with the AOTC clone, so the AT-RT driver has taken a back seat. Yeah, I'm in love with a toy. I'm pathetic.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #290 on: June 6, 2011, 02:13 AM »
More wave 6 were put out at the store I hit last weekend that had them, so I grabbed Lando for kicks since I wanted an extra of him and he was there.  They now also had Luke and another fixed neck Skiff Master...  Not much else of the wave was around though except repacks like the Endor Rebel and Senate Guard (he's repacked in that wave, no?), which aren't bad repacks to see.  Lots of Bar2 though, which are NOT the best repacks to see I guess.

Fi Eck whatever is one from this wave that I always forget about, but who I never see.  Him and the AT-RT Driver (and Luke, generally, except for this evening) go the fastest for whatever reason.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 7, 2011, 12:03 AM »
Found remnants of this wave tonight at a local WM... snagged a second Clone Trooper which is enough for me for now. I'm sure I'll snag more when this sculpt hits Legends. Still need Luke, who I never see either.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2011, 04:34 AM »
I've managed to pick up everyone but Luke in this wave. I can't seem to stop buying the clone though, I had the same problem with the previous version. I've stuck pilot helmets from the gunship turret packs on some of them and they look good.

The head sculpts from this wave seem really sharp to me and I love the continued paint apps on the weapons.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 30, 2011, 05:17 AM »
Finally got the Luke from this wave, the image on the card is a serious nostalgia kick for me... it really took me back to when Empire was first released.

The head from this figure looks great on the Medical frigate Luke from the Legacy collection.