Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 93968 times)

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Wave 6
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53 PM »
I actually like the prequel figures on the vintage cards.  I do agree that the Kenner logo doesn't make sense on them to me either.  However, I guess so does Han Solo with the Echo Base jacket and Dack Ralter.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25 PM »
To me the vinty cards are just a throw back to vintage days and that includes the Kenner Logo.  I'd hate seeing the logo show up sometimes and not others.  Like you said too Broem, it doesn't apply to a lot of OT figures too.

I kind of like the idea of this being how the line looked it Kenner ran it forever, never folded, and decided to keep the same look since 1978 (more or less).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I'm not sure why the vintage look is not everywhere in the line, including Clone Wars.  To me it's iconic, and most people from my generation equate SW with this particular packaging.  It could be as recognizable as Coke or other brands which have more or less maintained their 'vintage' logos.  I also like the idea about the Kenner line being unbroken.  If the CW line were in this look, oh my God.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16 PM »
Looks like a great wave. I'll get one of everything except maybe the AT-RT Driver. Despite my dislike of Hasbro's Stormtrooper/ROTS Clone ball-joint legs, I'll pick up several of the AOTC Clone since I recently noticed my Clones from those Entertainment Earth 4 packs are getting pretty yellow, leaving me with like 2 "good" AOTC Clones.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2011, 05:06 AM »
Really great wave -i even like the clones! -probably be about July till these show up in Blighty though!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2011, 09:02 AM »
I'm not sure why the vintage look is not everywhere in the line, including Clone Wars.  To me it's iconic, and most people from my generation equate SW with this particular packaging.  It could be as recognizable as Coke or other brands which have more or less maintained their 'vintage' logos.  I also like the idea about the Kenner line being unbroken.  If the CW line were in this look, oh my God.

I agree.  The CW cards are all different images anyway (meaning not a generic cardback) , so why not go all the way?

The imagry from the show is great and the cards would be very appealing.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 10:18 AM »
If the CW line were in this look, oh my God.

Where's the vomiting emoticon when you need it?   :-X

I loves the true vintage stuff, I loves the TCW stuff. But I don't want some weird mash-up of the two.

Think how messed up all those pegs would get!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Totally bummed about the Lando. Nice to get the upgrade, but the card back is very disappointing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Stoked for the Jedi dude! HUGE step-up from that pathetic Saga rendition!

Does anyone know why the back of the card shows a picture of Luke (with the date 1980 right next to it)? Has this figure been made in the Vintage days? Or is it that Hasbro is just finding a way to keep the line look fresh...?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Totally bummed about the Lando. Nice to get the upgrade, but the card back is very disappointing.

It's a bit dull but at least it shows him with the cape.  I think a Falcon shot would not have it?  But I know what you mean.  I think for the wave the Skiffmaster looks the best.  Then again I've been wanting this figure for a long time.  I'm just hyped to finally be getting it. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:47 AM by darth broem 2 »

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2011, 12:06 PM »

It's a bit dull but at least it shows him with the cape.  I think a Falcon shot would not have it?  But I know what you mean.  I think for the wave the Skiffmaster looks the best.  Then again I've been wanting this figure for a long time.  I'm just hyped to finally be getting it. 

The photo used for the Lando cardback is the same one used for the original vintage POTF figure...

This will be the first POTF figure in the TVC line, nicely done.

Not a fan of these mixed movie waves, the PT figures make this somewhat of a yawn wave.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2011, 02:28 PM »
I wonder when we'll start seeing the EU integrated into these waves...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2011, 04:23 PM »

Where's the vomiting emoticon when you need it?   :-X

I loves the true vintage stuff, I loves the TCW stuff. But I don't want some weird mash-up of the two.

Think how messed up all those pegs would get!

This
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2011, 10:20 PM »
New Vintage Collection Wave 6 Carded photos from UK Toy Fair.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Awesome wave! I only regret it wasn´t entirely OT, but all the characters depictions deserve credit.

Luke Dagobah Landing (the best of the entire wave) looks as the sculptors have corrected the straps of the support life unit plate, wider than tlc snowspeeder pilot, and the figure is a bit taller than taht version.

I don´t collect Pt, so I have only references by photos and some displays on stores:
the white clone misses the gray application on shoes soles, that would have made him stunning. (I think his evolution would inspire a new stormie sculpt)

Lando seems taller than ever, nice paint job and disposition of the cape.
Gree with removable helmet looks colorful, and as hasbro has corrected the proportion of his limbs.
Nikto Jedi evolves fantastically on  head sculpt.