Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 93973 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2011, 02:54 PM »
At the present time I plan to get the new clones to supplement my old clone armies, but I can easily see myself selling all my old troopers and going all out on the new ones once they're released.

For my collection I only want the best of the best. It's by choice but that is how I run my collection, it's not for everyone but that's the kind of collector that I am. When I compare the 2004 Clone to this new body there is no question in my mind that it dates it. On top of that I am a big stickler for consistency in my collection so I like matching troops.

Oh I don't blame you for going that route, and I hope I didn't come off as hostile or judgmental. I'm sure when I get all these new troopers that look like mini-Sideshow figures I'm going to either keep them separate from the old clones or sell off a lot of the old ones. Right now I feel better telling myself that they will mix in just fine with the old ones. :P

I was pleasantly surprised to see three Clones all using the new mold. I was fully expecting the 501st Trooper to be a repaint of the TVC ROTS Clone/Utapau clone and the Fordo to be a retooled SA clone. It's nice that there will be three separate Clones using the new mold, and that they are all from different sources.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2011, 03:05 PM »
Oh I don't blame you for going that route, and I hope I didn't come off as hostile or judgmental. I'm sure when I get all these new troopers that look like mini-Sideshow figures I'm going to either keep them separate from the old clones or sell off a lot of the old ones. Right now I feel better telling myself that they will mix in just fine with the old ones. :P

I was pleasantly surprised to see three Clones all using the new mold. I was fully expecting the 501st Trooper to be a repaint of the TVC ROTS Clone/Utapau clone and the Fordo to be a retooled SA clone. It's nice that there will be three separate Clones using the new mold, and that they are all from different sources.

Not at all! I hope I did not come off hostile, I am just admitting my SW collecting OCD flaw. I know how I am with my collecting so I know once I get the new Clone Trooper in hand I will want to phase out the old ones so I rather prep, plan and save to the upgrade.

As you pointed out you are seeing Hasbro use these for all of the upcoming Troops so it gives me even more incentive to change them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2011, 04:16 PM »
For me, it's nowhere near a big enough difference to sell off all my older style Clones.  I will pick up some new ones, but probably not nearly as many as I have now.  Maybe a few is all, and just go from there.  The price is too damn high.

On Lando's cape, I'm going to likely customize it...  I'll look for a thicker grey thread to use, and avoid the big band thing going on.

Of course between now and production that cape could really easily change too.  One can hope.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2011, 05:21 PM »
Does anyone have a comparison pic showing the difference between the old and new clone designs?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Sucker.

It's by choice. I only want the best representation in my collection.

I was just messing with you, bro!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2011, 05:35 PM »
I was just messing with you, bro!

I know, I am just openly admitting my OCD with Best of the Best syndrome.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2011, 01:29 AM »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44 AM »

I think the highlight of this wave for me is the face sculpt for Luke.  It looks absolutely fantastic!

I'm definitely looking forward to General Lando, though as has been said, I hope to see them fix that cape. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2011, 07:34 AM »
Does anyone have a comparison pic showing the difference between the old and new clone designs?

This is the bast showroom pic I've seen. You can see the three new clones, and the old Utapau figure to the far right. I think the new sculpt looks a lot sharper, plus it seems like here might really be a person inside that armor.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2011, 08:06 AM »
Agree on the new sculpt on Clones looking like it's armour over flesh and not painted on like the 2004 sculpt does.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2011, 10:16 AM »
That's why I am phasing out the old style. when you look at the new sculpt it almost makes the old sculpt look like a galactic hero.

I just ordered x2 cases of Wave 6 and x3 cases of Wave 7 from BBB. I am not surprised that the Sandtrooper and the EP3 white clone found their way back into the case mixes...ugh.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I can't really tell, but does anyone notice if Fordo has ball-jointed hips and wrists? At this day and age in Hasbro's sculpting, I imagine the figure does have the updated articulation.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02 PM »
I need to see the SA clone that started in '04 next to the new vintage AOTC clone before I know what to do.

Does anyone have a pic comparing the 2 clones?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2011, 09:05 PM »
I can't really tell, but does anyone notice if Fordo has ball-jointed hips and wrists? At this day and age in Hasbro's sculpting, I imagine the figure does have the updated articulation.

I think he does have both.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18 PM »

Yes, I concur.

I think he does have both.

It looked like hips and wrists to me, as well. New rifles for the 501st and AOTC clone, maybe new pistols for Fordo... overall, they went all out with the new Clones. I think the only other thing Hasbro could've done to improve the clones is an alternate helmet for each clone; ROTS or Pilot helmet for the AOTC clone, and an AOTC helmet or an Appo (green visor) helmet for the 501st. Now hopefully they're not turning green when they hit the shelves...  ::)