Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 80285 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35 AM »
I think they actually started out at $4.99 and then started going up after they axed usps......maybe I'm wrong though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2011, 07:47 PM »
The 54 dollar price tag, no tax, and free shipping tipped the scales and convinced me to ring this up through EE for my son's (and mine too) big ticket item for the holidays. I like the playset feature, I hope the ship itself holds together well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2011, 01:16 PM »
I hope the ship itself holds together well.

It does - and the $50-$60 range is about what this ship should have cost in the first place in my opinion.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Everybody has this marked down now to around $65.  Hasbro and all the retailers must be stuck with this one.  I picked it up for $65 and free shipping at HTS.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this hit 50% off at Target after Jan 1.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 04:12 PM »
It was a weird choice of a ship, almost as bad as the Clone Wars Y-Wing... at least for how much they cost.  I have a feeling these bigger Clone Wars offerings might do a bit better at retail if had better paint schemes.  Most of them are just too clean looking.  They need to add some weathering to stuff like this.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2011, 05:26 PM »
I think if they had focused more on it being a cool vehicle and less on it being a cool playset, this would have done better.

I bought two, one to keep MIB, and one to open, and like all the bigger items, I display it like a vehicle, not like some half-assed flattened command center.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Yeah, if they're going to try a playset feature, they need to just DO it and make a playset RIGHT.  Not some half hearted attempt like this.  Oh well... I'm pretty much done hoping for them to ever get the playset or diorama thing down unless they eventually outsource the rights to Sideshow or something.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2011, 09:09 PM »
I'd have bought it for $20 more and a bit more true scaled.  It's not dismally undersized, but it's enough for me to not be itnerested.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53 PM »
I agree it was somewhat of an odd choice, it's not exactly an iconic vehicle by any stretch. I appreciate that they tried something different with the playset features too, lackluster as they may be.

That said, I am a hardcore completist and have felt barely any interest in picking this up. Oh, I definitely will at some point, but after the first couple of weeks it became apparent these weren't going anywhere and a serious price reduction would inevitably be coming.

I'd bite for $50 from a brick and mortar...I can't see buying something this big and having it arrive unscathed from any online joint, especially HTS.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 4, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Well, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on this thing. Amazon has it up now for an eye-popping $39.99 with free shipping. That is too good to ignore. Throw in the fact that I had $2 laying around on an Amazon gift card I had to use, and bingo, done deal.

That's less than half price! I would pounce on that price if I saw this in a store. So I figure what the hell. I've waited long enough. I can't see them ever getting much lower than that, but who knows.

I see they also have the Mando Shuttle available to order...for $69.99!  :o

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 5, 2011, 01:10 AM »
Dropped to $34.99 at Amazon now. I bit.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 5, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I signed up for one at that price.  No tax + free shipping?  That's swell..   :)  Just hope the ship doesn't suck.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2011, 10:04 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 5, 2011, 05:40 PM »
i grabbed one at the $35 price too

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 6, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Wow, the Attack Shuttle was waiting for me when I got home today. I just ordered it Sunday night, so that is some spectacular shipping speed.

Also very impressed again with my Amazon experience. Item was well-packed, and arrived immaculate. I mean, I couldn't have picked a mintier box if I had scoured the shelves myself.

Just an all-around very positive experience, really happy I waited on this.

Now I'm tempted to get another for opening...