Author Topic: Republic Attack Shuttle  (Read 80303 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Attack Shuttle
« Reply #135 on: December 12, 2011, 12:29 PM »
dont forget no tax!

Amazon has been stealing lots of my money lately (Republic Shuttle, Skystriker, 4 Kre-O sets, Thundercats Tower of Omens).  I find myself turning to them more and more.  I even bought an ink cartridge from them!  I have 2 Best Buy gift cards at home and I am wondering when the heck I will need to ever walk in that store to buy something ever again.  I might just need to gift them away...

Sorry for off topic   :P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2011, 08:07 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2011, 02:27 PM »
Back down to $24.99

Wow.  Someone over there is having fun.  That's like a dozen price changes over the last week or two.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Back down to $24.99

Wow.  Someone over there is having fun.  That's like a dozen price changes over the last week or two.

Maybe they used to be in charge of KW Target pricing a few years back too.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2011, 03:12 PM »
I cracked and ordered it...  Though, it's so tiny I may customize it.  I've already got a few ideas...  Think along the lines of the support trucks at a WW2 airfield/military base. ;)

But yeah, the price of a midsize vehicle?  F it...  I'm buying.  May buy more if the price drops more because I had a few ideas what I could use them for, actually.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05 PM »
What would be cool is to buy a 8-10 of these, remove the wings and hook them together like a military train of some sort. The front and rear "cars" could keep the cockpit so it could travel in either direction. Load it down with clones and weapons - incorporate the AV-7 cannon and kick some "Seppy" butt.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2011, 04:12 PM »
There's something like that in Rogue Squadron on the N64...  It's on Kessel and a couple other levels in that game.  Looks different than your idea, but there's a precedent in Star Wars for it anyway.  A pretty cool idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Saw this thing today at Walmart on clearance for $39.90. That's pretty excellent. If it goes any lower I may bite on a second to open.

Note to TRU : WTF are you waiting for with that Boba Fett UBP?!?! Blow them out already!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 2, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Now 24.97 shipped free site to store on the website at walmart.com if any holdouts are still waiting or you want one to leave as a base. That is like 20 bucks for the ship and 5 for the pilot.. I am thinking about it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #144 on: January 2, 2012, 11:28 AM »
Based on the bulk of this thing I could see how they were originally charging the $60-$70.  Same as what they charged for the CW Y-Wing, right..and it is for sure bigger and bulkeir than that.  I think it did so poorly based on the fact that it just is not that well know from a dying prequel cartoon.  I think people would have bought a $70 ROTJ Shuttle no problem.

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 2, 2012, 04:19 PM »
I think what killed this, and it is a shame, because I don't think we will ever see the Twilight because of it, is that every vehicle over 50 dollars over the last three years has been over produced and forced retailers to deep clearances to empty out warehouses. I remember when stores would get one or two of a big item and the would sit, sometimes for years until they were picked up. I remember calling several places when I was a kid until I found a Hills department store that had the Rancor. Those sat in some places but when the one it had sold you were forced to travel. This year even the POS Wally world down the street had four gunships.  It seems like simple supply and demand to me. The last two vehicles that were in demand were both exclusive gunships one for walmart and one for toys r us. ever since Hasbro has been way off with numbers. Don't get me wrong I would be first to complain if I wanted a 70 dollar hip and could no find one, but I think I saw over a hundred of these while I looked for the y wing deluxe set and armored savage, neither have I still seen once in the wild.
     In short, I love bing able to pick this up on the cheap but I worry that it means less toys in the future.
      Great buy for the money at 24.97 though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 3, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Hasbro was completely off the mark on this one, which I think most collectors were already stating when this was first announced - and I agree with Scott; an Imperial shuttle would have fared far better... so would have Palpatine's shuttle from ROTS.  Doubt we'll ever see the latter now though unfortunately.   :-\ 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 3, 2012, 11:22 AM »
I don't think the issue is that they chose a Clone Wars option over a Vintage option...God knows I have seen at least as many B-Wings laying around as Attack Shuttles this holiday season. Same with the AT-AT last year before it hit clearance.

I think the issue is more that NO ONE was clamoring for the Attack Shuttle. There were no "Do you want the RAS?" threads or forum polls or anything akin to what we have seen for the Twilight. There was just no heat from the collecting community for this thing, and it was a bit pricey for simply a kid's toy.

It may just be that large size vehicles in general are just slow movers in this economy. I agree it does not bode well for future offerings, in any line. 
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 3, 2012, 12:09 PM »
B-Wings were never that popular, though. Barely in the film they appear in. The TRU ones went on clearance years ago, I'm surprised they made a vintage boxed version.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 3, 2012, 12:19 PM »
I think this vehicle would obviously had done much better had it had more screen time - like the doomed Twilight that would have been kinda nifty to see in plastic.  I've seen most of the cw toons and don't recall seeing the shuttle all too much.  Even the "die hard" CW fans didn't seem to care much for this thing.  Hopefully we get a better offering this year...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN