Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118349 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Yeah, seriously. I can't believe Hasbro won't just ******* make them already.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Something I want is the launch of Hasbro ultra paint jobs for the figures, not only SA
cause peinting matches the sculpt. Frequently they forget to paint badges, belt buckles, boot soles
dots and stripes on stormies armors, glasses of helmets, etc.

Returning to wave 7

I like Han figure a lot, one accurate detail is the big poket on lower back of his jacket. This is the taller Bespin Han also, so this lets to build new Lukes a bit taller (the new Hoth Snow Speeder pilot, we are waiting for)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: June 22, 2011, 08:10 PM »
I'm pretty stoked on the Hoth Speeder Pilot Luke we have...  Luke's short.  Han's average or a hair above it.  I'm ok with their heights matching up then as they have been for a while now.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56 AM »
In my best Professor Farnsworth imitation: "Good news, everybody!"

A fellow SW collector here in Richmond VA just called me to tell me he found all of TVC Wave 7 at a TARGET!!!

Yes, a TARGET store actually got in new figures!

To me, this is incredibly momentous news, because to my knowledge this is the FIRST confirmed non-TRU brick and mortar sighting anywhere in the US!

It's especially great because there are a lot more Targets around town than TRU's, and they get new stock in nearly EVERY day. LOTS of opportunity (and peg space) to find these over the next few days I am thinking.

We haven't had Wave 7 hit around here at all yet either. Shoot, enough talking, I'm going out to look for toys!

Good hunting!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Bespin Han at Meijer today - someone beat me to the rest and left him probably due to a couple of minor paint flaws he has.  I grabbed him regardless, and will return for a better version when/if I get one.

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2011, 05:25 PM »
 HTS has more of this case up for pre-order. I checked FYE and TRU last night and didn't see any sign of this wave.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I checked FYE too and not only did they have no Star Wars toys whatsoever, the guy who worked there had never even heard of FYE selling SW stuff, and could not explain why stores in one state would have a completely different inventory than stores in another state.

Weird.

Our TRU gets their truck tomorrow but I am stuck in ATL still and will be unable to be there when they open, which pretty much means no new figures this week either.

I am coming up empty at Targets too.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2011, 05:37 PM »
After getting this wave from BBTS, I found it minus the Han at Spin Stop Music store in Memphis. I bought the rebel trooper, now having two of those.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2011, 12:26 AM »
Just curious, what is that extra helmet in the Fordo from?  I don't think I ever saw that.  Was it really like that in the mini series?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2011, 04:57 AM »
Just curious, what is that extra helmet in the Fordo from?  I don't think I ever saw that.  Was it really like that in the mini series?

He wore that helmet in Season 2, during the attack on Coruscant. Scroll down for a picture.

Yup, he goes all Rambo on some droids wearing that bucket.  It was really a whole new level of cool to get two sets of unique looking belts/helmets for a trooper.  Early/Late War looks.  It's an interesting thought for future Clones, especially now that the 3D series is fleshing out how the Clones look earlier in the war compared to their looks in ROTS (or how one may perceive how they'll look).
« Last Edit: July 2, 2011, 11:11 PM by Jesse James »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 1, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Found more remnants of this wave at the TRU across town this morning, only Bom and Barriss. I missed Fordo AGAIN.  :(

This is getting a little frustrating.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 1, 2011, 02:02 PM »
I found Bom Vimdim and Barriss Offee last night too.  They seem to be the last to go from this wave, because I didn't find anything else either.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2011, 04:03 AM »
JTA has a front-page report that this wave is actually showing up at FYE (For Your Entertainment) stores for around $10. Now THAT is interesting, I guess it wouldn't hurt to check there. Kinda makes sense, being they sell movies and music there.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2011, 08:59 AM »
This has beem showing up  at Target stores all around Minneapolis this week.  Might be worth hitting up your local Target if you still need them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Still no luck on this wave, the lack of new stuff out is really killing my interest for Star Wars as of late.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"