Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118353 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #75 on: March 7, 2011, 10:21 AM »
because if they did it right you would have no reason to buy them over again next time!   :P

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 7, 2011, 10:34 AM »
Lots of accesories for the RFT, missing the holster, but perhaps is due to show a better sight of the legs sculpt, which depict the wear of loose pants.

I like this version of Han, taller and slimmer than previous. Then it could be say that the thin legs are reflex of the tight pants.

Logray is represented as a cool evolution of this figure. Like the paintjob.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: March 7, 2011, 10:40 AM »
No holster strap RUINS Han!  
No Soft Goods hood RUINS Barriss!
No holster RUINS the RFT!
No "Captain Fordo" name and an incorrect size bubble template RUINS the ARC Commander!
No extra pack-ins RUINS Logray!

WORST WAVE EVAH!!!!!! 1111!!!!!!!  ::)  ::)  ::)
(funny how a few weeks can change everyone's perspective on things  :-X)

[Hasbro Apologist Mode]
No holster strap on Han is forgivable to me.  Sure, it would have been nice if he had one but if he really does re-use the General Lando legs, then I get why he doesn't have one.  Since Lando doesn't need a sculpted strap, there isn't one on the leg.  And, since the Lando legs apparently have ball-jointed hips (to ensure they fit in the new BMF cockpit), then I get that too.

So, I'm going to believe that Hasbro left off the holster strap to ensure that Bespin Han and holster fit in the BMF cockpit.  I can live with that.
[/Hasbro Apologist Mode]

(I got no defense for the missing RFT holster though :P)
« Last Edit: March 7, 2011, 10:42 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 7, 2011, 11:48 AM »
because if they did it right you would have no reason to buy them over again next time!   :P

Other collectors that have not read this thread (from other forums) come to the same conclusion and not just with this figure.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2011, 11:49 AM by 501ST »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: March 7, 2011, 04:43 PM »
I'd do without the holster even (I'd rather none at all than one that didn't function), however I somehow think it might get added in at some point.

Lest we forget.  

Be careful what you wish for.....

I'll see if I can talk "someone" into making holsters (funtional) for your troops, because you know I need them too!

That would be good... 

I just can't see how Hasbro would miss this, ya know?  They ALL had holsters, even the guys at Yavin base, haha.  I can't honestly recall one guy without them except possibly at the ceremony since they're harder to see.

On the Tantive IV though, I'm pretty sure everyone had them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 7, 2011, 05:35 PM »
JJ do you have any photos of the Holster.  I mean actual props or movie scenes, all I can find online are the costumer guys who staple some brown pleather together and stick their spray painted nerf gun in it and call it a "Holster"...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #81 on: March 7, 2011, 05:52 PM »
You can check out the Sideshow 12" figure (especially the 360º file) as that has the clearest shot of the holster's side.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: March 8, 2011, 09:13 PM »
You can check out the Sideshow 12" figure (especially the 360º file) as that has the clearest shot of the holster's side.

I'd agree with this Paul.  Every detail is pretty much there on the RFT in the 12" figure.  They didn't miss much at all, if anything.  It's one stellar item I need to bite the bullet on and pick up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2011, 04:50 PM »
I just watched SW again and I have a question...where exactly do the RFTs wear those caps?  Or is that just a bonus to give out to the honor guards etc?  I was also really surprised to notice how many of the techs (which is coming with the sled) there are...tons and tons of those dudes all over the place with and without helmets

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Here's an interesting thing on the techs Scott.

Watch the scenes at the Command Center closely, and the dude with the headset communicating with the pilots directly.  He's actually wearing a completely different uniform.  Instead of a jumpsuit, he has a shirt that's cut exactly like the Fleet Trooper's (or han's at the ceremony), and pants that I'm not sure you can see.

I've always considered him a "Technician Commander".  He's one of the only guys in this uniform you ever see.

Techs are everywhere though, for sure.

As for the hat, I am not so sure it's in the movie at all.  In the Expanded Universe, either Rebellion or Empire comic series, there's a story that involves Leia's ship and the troopers are wearing grey caps when they're not in a combat situation...  Kind of like our own military.  I love that detail though as it makes sense they'd have a cover for their downtime.

I've scanned the ceremony sequence for a while now and never noticed grey caps on any Fleet Troopers.  There are TWO distinct types of "Officer" uniforms who are wearing caps though, and they have a red/yellow/black design on the caps in some cases (with a shorter brim).  These guys are in a more relaxed style of uniform.

Then there are other officers with a longer-brimmed hat in a more fitted uniform, and ascots.  The best shot of one of these guys can be seen behind Leia for sure.

The only place I've seen the trooper with the "Flare" band on his leg is standing in the front row at the medal ceremony which is kind of odd. 

Those things on the leg were on pilots legs in WW2 and had flare cartridges in them.  If I can find a pic of a 1:18 pilot with them I'll post it.  There are some German figures with them I know.  I like the extra gear...  The pike would've been nice too but like I said, I'll live without that if it's nixed.  The extra bits like the scanner gun, leg flares, and cap are really nice though.  I just wish he had a friggin' holster, haha.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2011, 03:07 PM »
I've been out of the loop on new SW figs for awhile, but is that a baseball cap I see?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2011, 03:12 PM »
RFT eyebrows are spot on for this guy:

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2011, 04:49 PM »
That's dreamy JACK, thanks.  And the eyebrows do look very much like the old vet leading them in the Tantive IV, but so far most images/protos have implied a fairly generic looking younger guy...

I wonder if they'll give us the guy with brown or white hair then?  The holster really bugs me though, and the non-removable vest.  The vest thing should've been old hat at this point, and the holster is really just perplexing why they'd not do that.  I'm anxious to see a production image of the figure though.

This will probably be the last army builder I actually buy in quantity.  Due to the price hikes I'm really going to be avoiding buying extras now, except this dude.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Something about the shirt seems a bit too much blue to me.  Still, a great looking figure.  I don't plan on going nuts with it, but would like about 8-10 of them.