Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118560 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2011, 05:06 PM »
I think it'll be a little more subtle in the final figure.  The proto at Toy Fair seemed more accurate, however the shirt is a little brighter than the movie generally has shown...  not much though, and it is a little bright on those images.  I'm betting production will be right though, regardless.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Can Hasbro be giving us two heads? Running change maybe....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Happening with the ROTJ Rebel Commando so why not?
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Happening with the ROTJ Rebel Commando so why not?

Where did you hear that?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Did a comparison on the front page...  

Clicky to check it out.

Very interesting...  I prefer the younger, but could the Pello Scrambas sculpt be part of something else like a battlepack or something?

It's pretty clear regardless though, that these are two different headsculpts.  One's very young and worried.  One's a bit older and concentrating looking (like a lot of the recent Jedi headsculpts).  I like both, but prefer the younger more generic headsculpt.  Pello would be welcome though considering he's one of the first characters seen in the entire Saga, who makes you wonder who he is and what his story is.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:25 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26 PM »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29 PM »
Head variant would be awesome. The eyebrow's look different enough. I really hope this figure becomes a main-stay, because at minimum I'm getting 8-9. Might go for a whole company of 38.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2011, 11:20 PM »
It's not just the eyebrows Anton, look at the expression...  Look at the lines on the face, the placement of the eyes between the two, the mouth's expression...  They're actually very different.  The Scrambas face is noticeably aged and "angry" or concentrating...  The original head is much younger/smoother and a little more neutral or "concerned" looking.

I'm really hoping this is a sign of head variants making a comeback in some capacity.

For some reason I thought Hasbro said something about the Endor Rebel and other Revenge carded figures wouldn't be different, but I may just be misremembering that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2011, 11:37 PM »
So this is the potential draw for the Revenge of the Jedi set?  It might draw me in to buy more than 1 set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 16, 2011, 10:23 AM »
The head variant on the Endor trooper on what is sure to be a $100 set is lame at best. My knee-jerk reaction would be to buy an additional set to open one, but then common sense kicks in.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Did a comparison on the front page...  

Clicky to check it out.

Very interesting...  I prefer the younger, but could the Pello Scrambas sculpt be part of something else like a battlepack or something?

It's pretty clear regardless though, that these are two different headsculpts.  One's very young and worried.  One's a bit older and concentrating looking (like a lot of the recent Jedi headsculpts).  I like both, but prefer the younger more generic headsculpt.  Pello would be welcome though considering he's one of the first characters seen in the entire Saga, who makes you wonder who he is and what his story is.

While it does look like 2 different sculpts in the comparison images I wonder if this could just be the difference between a prototype/paint master versus a production (or at least close to it) figure? Case in point: look at the antenna on helmets - they are different as well. If we are to assume that there is going to be a head variant, can we also assume a helmet variation as well? I suspect no for both but stranger things have happened in this line.  :P
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:51 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2011, 11:38 AM »
Where did you hear that?

Wow, I missed this! It's the Saga2 head, i am very cool with this. Good eye and thanks for the head up. This one slipped past me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2011, 05:00 PM »
While it does look like 2 different sculpts in the comparison images I wonder if this could just be the difference between a prototype/paint master versus a production (or at least close to it) figure? Case in point: look at the antenna on helmets - they are different as well. If we are to assume that there is going to be a head variant, can we also assume a helmet variation as well? I suspect no for both but stranger things have happened in this line.  :P

The helmet on the older sculpt seems to me to be the last RFT helmet we got (Capt. Antilles was the first to sport it) I believe...  I'm wondering if it's what we'll get (it was quite nice IMO), or if we'll get an updated bucket like on the other trooper then?  

The helmet could just have been a placeholder for an image though...  The heads are very different sculpts though, and why sculpt two heads if you're not planning on using them both?  I lean towards yes on the heads, and possibly yes on a new helmet.  Or at least the two heads were sculpted with the intent of using them but one maybe got the axe.

But I 100% believe those are two sculpts...  I've sat and looked at them a lot, and they've got huge differences between the two, such as the lines in the face, the angle of the eyebrows/eyes, the placement of the eyes/nose/mouth is different...  I'm positive they're not the same sculpt, but one maybe wasn't ever intended to be the final one I suppose.  The first one almost looks like the old Capt. Antilles figure but the mouth isn't open at all I don't believe.

Or that Hasbro was going with a younger/generic sculpt and possibly Lucasfilm got on them to do the older trooper or something.  I hope we get both though...  I prefer the younger to the older, but getting Pello would be nice for sure.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:08 PM by Jesse James »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Or that Hasbro was going with a younger/generic sculpt and possibly Lucasfilm got on them to do the older trooper or something.  I hope we get both though...  I prefer the younger to the older, but getting Pello would be nice for sure.

Either way as long as the body is great there will always be heads from other figures to fit onto it. I am really looking forward to this figure and the rest of the wave! On side note they need to redo Captain Antilles too...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2011, 07:51 PM »
I agree completely on Antilles.  He was sculpted to look too young before...  I was always a little disappointed in that, but I generally enjoyed the original figure and still have a pile of extras of him I use for customs. 

I'd gladly buy a new one though, with updated articulation.  Dude deserves it, and who wouldn't want SA Officers to go with the grunts?

Now...  I'd like to see the Honor Guards put out again, but with ballcaps and a more brown color to their uniform (a new headsculpt would be nice too).  I'd buy more of them.  I still buy them when I see those guys cheap as well.