Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7  (Read 118344 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 7
« Reply #210 on: June 2, 2011, 02:24 PM »
BBTS is processing my 3 cases!!! They are here in the states!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 2, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Got mine yesterday.  I already have head swapped 10 of the Fleet Troopers   

List of swappable heads plz kthxbye

(Unless someone posted them earlier, but I'm too lazy to go look)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 2, 2011, 08:07 PM »
I will get a picture up and maybe somebody can tell me who they are... Once it gets past "Han, Luke, Chewie"...I only know them as Endor Rebel, Hoth Rebel, AT-At Driver and Pilot Guy...(which is why I am never good at wishlists)

Ok I do Know: Jodo Kast (no KMart for Miles but Tung sent me 4), AT AT Commander, Endor Rebel.... I will get the others up.  Basically I am using the same 10-12 head sculpts for all my Rebel Troops.  I can confirm they are all Star Wars, no Joes or Indiana Jones heads.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #213 on: June 3, 2011, 02:40 AM »
So I was fiddling with my Trooper(s) tonight...  :-X

I decided to swap out heads a bit.  In my experimenting, I found a ton of different headsculpts that fit the new RFT perfectly, or come pretty close to fitting.  Even the new Endor Trooper ALMOST fits, and is just a tad loose.  The McQuarrie Rebel fits, tons of pilots, etc.  Lots of head swapping is possible with this figure, which I should've mentioned as a positive to the figure since I think Hasbro  has acknowledged that (if they can) they're trying to make neck pegs reusable between figures ala G.I. Joe...  For some reason they say it's not a simple thing to do, but they seem to have accomplished it with this figure at least.

Of my five, I have 2 now with Hoth Trooper headsculpts (clean and bearded), and 2 with the original head.  Captain Needa fits though and he's pretty generic.  I even used the one guy with a pony tail from a Legacy comic pack, some of the random EU heads, various troop builders, even Clone/Jango heads sometimes fit this neckpeg pretty well.  Some are snug, some are a little loose though and just a hair away from fitting the neckpeg.  Regardless, lots of headswapping is psosible, so good luck to those wanting to do that.

Also was giving them different weapons...  I always envisioned the Rebels as organized, but with elements of "rag tag" to them.  Like the first organized U.S. military in the Revolution.  We'd have our "regulars" and our militia...  the militia have the ragtag look, and the regulars have a more uniformed look.  The things that cost the most, would have the most ragtag look about them though, weapons especially.

So I started giving them Stormtrooper rifles and things.  They looked neat with them.  They also look pretty badass lugging the typical Rebel rifle around, or some Clone Wars military surplus like Droid blasters or Clone rifles...  I can't wait to have a 1000 of this figure. :P

Also, here's a weird fact about the Trooper...

I took apart my messed up arm trooper tonight, and noticed that the way he's sculpted (his vest hangs down over his belt partway down his lower torso), there is a large gap underneath the vest where the upper/lower torso's connect, that would easily accomodate a separately sculpted belt/holster.

This is odd...  It's clearly a big gap beneath the vest, right at the belt-line.  I'm wondering if a belt/holster was planned, but got the axe?  There is definitely space though, regardless.  It just seems too perfect for a separately scuplted belt/holster for it to be a coinky dink, but yet it could also just be that way to add "depth" to the vest too.  If the belt did get the axe though, I really wish we hadn't gotten the leg doo-dads or scanner gun then.  Maybe even the hat.  :-\

Lots of heads fit...  Lots.

One of my favorites was actually Biggs.  Biggs is unique looking of course, however he doubles really nicely for the RFT walking around with a black mustache (he gets captured, I do believe, and is walking with hands on his head).  The Biggs head from the TIE Pilot costume fits perfectly, and really looks like that guy for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 3, 2011, 04:36 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 3, 2011, 07:08 PM »
And TRU of all places?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 3, 2011, 09:39 PM »
And Michigan too.

I think these must be places that get Friday trucks. For this month, our TRU's went back to every Wednesday restocks. And they didn't come in this week, so maybe next.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 3, 2011, 11:00 PM »
Lovely.  Wave 7 is showing up and I have yet to see wave 4 in stores.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 6, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Lovely.  Wave 7 is showing up and I have yet to see wave 4 in stores.

Yep.  I know the feeling.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 7, 2011, 08:01 AM »
My Wave 7 case is now shipping from EE.com. 

So if they hit stores locally or not, I will not be affected and since I only have to walk to the door to pick them up, I saved $$ in gas money and time.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 7, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Mine is coming wednesday from BBTS. Still on the hunt for a extra Han, maybe more (Endor, VTSC Hoth etc.) and a good 3 or 4 man blockade detail.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 8, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Got my RFT hats from Tunghori yesterday. Have to give him some extra props. One of the figures I received from a previous order had a minor, but obvious defect, so instead of sending me just the replacement part like I had wanted, he sent me a whole new figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #222 on: June 8, 2011, 10:13 AM »
I received my cases last night this entire wave is just awesome!

- Captain Fordo is a really kick ass figure. I have a few to change the looks. Both look great!
- Han Bespin really delivers despite a few minor misses  
- Logray is the best Ewok to date and
- Fleet trooper is a figure collectors will go nuts for. I am sad I only have 3. Need more, lots more ASAP!
- Barris is a solid Jedi and making the Cloak a 2 piece plastic was really smart to keep the aesthetic right.
- Bom Vidam is perfect! Lots of accessories, articulation and detail. He is perfect!

This wave is equal to the ROTJ wave! There is not one figure that falls short! FYI - This case also includes the Boba Fett with the corrected boot paint job that was in short supply back during the Xmas season. If you missed him before you will be able to find him. I have 2 available if interested in my trade list. yes, it was a plug and friendly info at the same time.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 11:25 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #223 on: June 8, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Oh man, I can't wait until my case arrives tomorrow! I have no idea how Hasbro is going to deliver on collector demand for the Fleet trooper. I really hope they keep him coming in a few waves, and release him in Legends.

And I've got to say, there's something utterly satisfying about adding a new Cantina alien.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 8, 2011, 11:14 AM »
So VBarris cape and hood can coem off seperatly
thats great news, I can keep teh hood and ditch the plastic cape, add a SG one from somehwere.