Author Topic: Vintage Collection Wave 13 (2012 Wave 4.1)  (Read 70783 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2012 "Vintage" Collection Wave 13
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 12:36 AM »
I know I do.  Thanks Brent!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Most of these were confirmed too...still waiting for final details on the lineup

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Final Line-Up is:
Kithaba
Dr Evazan
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Clone Trooper

Ponda got bumped to Wave 9 it seems...

Nom Anor comes with a bunch of removable stuff (armor and spikes/bones).  That way you can leave him plain or ugly him up, depending on how you like your Vong.

Aayla looked really nice.  Same with Kithaba.  501st... meh, another version of an over-done clone.

Evazan was so sweet.  Great looking figure and he totally blows the PotF2 monstrosity out of the water.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 06:55 PM »
How will they fit the tall Vong weapon on Nom's card?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Why did Nom Anor look nothing like the version they showed in the slide show? The thing I saw on display looked like some cheesy Skeletor knock-off.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Liking how this turned out, might get quite a few if I can find them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28 PM »
Love this wave, and the highlight is the good Doc Evazan...  This schlub has been hosed since POTF2 for a decent figure, and that's a shame considering he's in such a cool sequence.  They even nailed the fairly slovenly pot belly he has going on.  I love it!  My only gripe is Hasbro refuses to make the thigh-safety-strap for holsters a separately sculpted piece on the holster itself (ala Bespin Luke) as a standard feature.  It really should be because it doesn't hinder that Luke's poseability in the slightest.

Nom Anor is about what I thought.  I wonder if his staff will be 2-parts to fit better?  I'm not overly interested in him but I'll pick one up.

Aayla Secura...  Really another outstanding update to a jedi.  Count me in so she can whip some ass on my Jedi shelf.  I'ts kinda hard to retire teh ROTS figure so she may wind up in a fighter, if I ever buy her fighter down the road some day.

Kithaba...  LOVE Him!  Finally a good Klattooinian in the line!  The last one we got was a repaint of the POTF2 3-pack figure.  I love the cross-draw, the depth...  Easily my second favorite of the wave behind Evazan, and only because I like Evazan's character a bit more.  This is a great Jabba Goon figure though.  Bring on more updates like that!

Nice looking wave all around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 12:32 AM »
Anyone seen a better image of the 501 clone's helmet from the actual on site pics?  I've seen several of the figure, but the camera is always situated to where you can't really see the helmet.  

^ The only one I've seen is from sirstevesguide.com, but you can't see much because the Stormtrooper is in the way due to how Hasbro displayed the figures.

Basically, I am just wondering if this is a new helmet, or the same one Hasbro is currently using in the vintage line (which I hate).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:33 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46 AM »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 11:14 AM »
the 501st figure seems to be based off the AOTC clone in the next vintage wave, unless I'm seeing things (not the helmet, obviously). 

Does anyone else think Kithaba is really skinny?  Oh, well.  Kithaba!  Nom Anor is whatever for me, so there goes the complete carded collection.  It's a relief, actually. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22 AM »

I have seen that - thank you... what I'm looking for is one from the display.  I did see another at Banthaskull that shows a bit more than the other pic I showed... I just wish they'd give this figure a nice helmet rather than the ginormous one we see on pegs right now.  If we get that big unshapely one, I'll save a lot of money on this figure.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Whoah, that's really an impressive Nom Anor sculpt! I'm really into the EU, but I had never seen this guy before, but the sculpt is just really cool... I think Hasbro could have saved themself the trouble of trying to eventually fit him into those Vintage bubbles by giving him a soft-goods cloak, but whatever...

Aayla is just outright awesome! The Jedi Cloak is generous, really, since we never see her with one in the films, but I think the key points to the figure are the ball-jointed hips.

I really like the 501st Trooper - probably an eventual pegwarmer, but lately (except for the ROTS clone) Hasbro's been doing a good job with clone sculpts. But they just really need to take a break from the clones, it's getting old, and, besides, we see them all the time in the TCW line. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31 PM »
Aayla is just outright awesome! The Jedi Cloak is generous, really, since we never see her with one in the films, but I think the key points to the figure are the ball-jointed hips.

I could be wrong but I think Aayla is seen in the temple with a robe on at one point or another.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 11:22 PM »
I wish they have done the utapau clone with the new body instead of the one they used

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 11:54 PM »

Kithaba has been one of my most wanted figures for the last 8 years, they nailed the likeness and I am pumped to check another off the Vintage Update List :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:58 PM by Scott »