Author Topic: 2011 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 37056 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #30 on: March 8, 2011, 01:36 PM »
They are sloooow to change Legends' line-up, though.

As for the idea of ending of Legends being integrated with Vintage, what would probably happen is that Hasbro repacks the same crop of Legends figures on vintage cards as part of the vintage assortment (They've really already have done this with Super Battle Droid and ROTS Obi Wan), therefore you have the same  repacks/peg warmers on fancier card backs...arguably making things worse than before since they'd have the same SKU as vintage. Does anyone remember the late 90's? The same figures shipped over and over and nothing new to be found because stores were packed to the gills with Tarkins, rancor keepers, Ponda Babas  and so forth, and the stores stopped ordering to the point that a wave was cancelled and sent to the fan club. If Legends merged with Vintage, you can take the current the Vintage Sandtroopers and ROTS Clones stuck at stores and mulitply them times 10.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 8, 2011, 01:59 PM »
I'd love to see the Gamorreans in Saga Legends at some point as well.  Heck, I'm just hoping that ROTJ wave in general sees a little more distribution, because it really seemed to come and go quickly both at retail and online.  I still see a Rebel Soldier now and then (our Target has had one on the pegs for over a month now), and there might be Wooof or Ackbar around somewhere, but that is about it.  Overall, the ROTJ figures really sold quickly here.  The Gamorrean would be a great choice for SL, and hopefully we'll see that happen.  There have been quite a few new army builders lately (Hoth Rebel, Endor Rebel, Gammies, upcoming RFT, etc.) that could be added to that lineup.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: March 8, 2011, 02:12 PM »
I'm just hoping that ROTJ wave in general sees a little more distribution, because it really seemed to come and go quickly both at retail and online. 

Well, when the Wave 3, Rev 12 cases start shipping in May (ie the case with Wedge), you'll get your wish. ;)

what would probably happen is that Hasbro repacks the same crop of Legends figures on vintage cards as part of the vintage assortment (They've really already have done this with Super Battle Droid and ROTS Obi Wan)

Not just those two, there is already tons of character overlap between the two - Vader, Jango, Grievous, Ep2/3 Clones, 501st Trooper, etc.  Sure the sculpts used vary a bit betwen the two lines now, but the idea of getting those Legends characters on vintage cardbacks is already done.

If they were thinking of pulling downgrades on us (swapping the Legends AotC Trooper for the new one for example) going forward at the higher Vintage price point?  Man, that would be some fun reading on the forums! :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 9, 2011, 11:21 PM »
Hasbro press photos of the next Legends assortment show Spacetrooper...which is really the POTF2 Dark Trooper. OOPS! Also, the Saga 2006 kit bash Boba Fett. What will be on the actual cards, though, remains to be seen.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 03:14 AM »
Hasbro press photos of the next Legends assortment show Spacetrooper...which is really the POTF2 Dark Trooper. OOPS!

I'm really hoping that gets fixed (and we don't get the POTF2 Trooper), or else SL will once again be completely useless to me this year...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Someone forgot to tell Hasbro that April Fool's Day was a month ago!  :(

Also, no long states "Includes Secret Weapons", so maybe Hasbro dumped them to save 2 cents per 100 figures reissued.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2011, 05:12 PM by scockery »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #36 on: May 2, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Sniff...sniff...I smell running change. The final squeeze of obsolete tools.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 2, 2011, 01:01 PM »
You mean the running changes that Hasbro can't intentionally do but has done 4 times with Legends, and 5 or so times with Vintage in the past 10 months?

What's funny, I never got that Dark Trooper. Even when he was reissued the first time 3 years ago, he was dated looking.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #38 on: May 2, 2011, 07:36 PM »
I wish they would release the B.A.D. dark trooper on a card, instead of the "bad" dark trooper.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: May 9, 2011, 03:06 AM »
As per the front page...

New Legends Figure Images!

This confirms a couple things, and can either elate people, or annoy them, depending on which figures they were most interested in I guess.  Most annoying to me is that Fett...  Certain figures should just be retired, and he's one of them.  You have Fett molds that are vastly superior, please use them.

And of course, the Spacetrooper is now pretty well locked that we're not getting the 1998 Darktrooper in his stead. :P  That figure will go quickly, even though I think it's the weaker of the two designs, personally.  It's still a popular figure regardless, and will sell great I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 9, 2011, 03:50 AM »
VOTC Stormtroopers? TAC Destroyer Droids? TLC Spacetroopers? Sign me up for a bunch of those. Really hoping I can find them, I NEVER get the good Legends figures in my stores. I've still only seen one Battle Droid 2 pack, so I'm fully expecting to only see Yoda and Fett from this wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2011, 08:44 AM »
I wish they'd offer more imperial themed weapons packs. It would entice me to pick some these up for the fun of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 9, 2011, 09:17 AM »
VOTC Stormtroopers? TAC Destroyer Droids? TLC Spacetroopers? Sign me up for a bunch of those. Really hoping I can find them, I NEVER get the good Legends figures in my stores. I've still only seen one Battle Droid 2 pack, so I'm fully expecting to only see Yoda and Fett from this wave.

The Destroyer Droid looks like the previous SL releases with the firing missiles. The bulky torso is a huge giveaway. I am looking forward to getting some Storm Troopers and Space Troopers... I had no doubt that the promotional photos of the Dark Trooper were errors, so seeing the Space Trooper on the card is no surprise at all.

One entry that I don't understand is the Death Star Trooper. I remember that figure peg warming the first time, and I predict that this release will be no different. My apologies to anyone who likes the figure/character, but the design is really boring.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 9, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Still gotta wonder if some of those Darktroopers won't still appear at retail.

At least Space Trooper has a gun. I wish he had 6 or 7 guns...I like the secret weapons.  Heck, I wanted that idea expanded on. I wanted the previous clone gear to include more actual gear, like gun belts and clone helmets...someone at another forum couldn't understand the point of that (they were never a kid or something or would never buy a used figure without a helmet). And lightsabers...kids loose lightsabers, and some of those removable blade ones broke on me.

Batteries included with R2-D2! WOW! How generous!  :P

Oh, it seems a solid assumption that the weapons are gone since they actually changed R2,Yoda and Vader's card inserts.

2006 Vaders and Boba Fetts... :-X
« Last Edit: May 9, 2011, 06:48 PM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: May 9, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I agree on the gear, and I'd take that a step further...  Include backpacks, maybe a heavier weapons type item like Draa's rocket launcher or whatnot.  I like crap like that.  I liked the GI Joe weapons packs as a kid...  Extra helmets?  Hey, why not?  I'd dig seeing Thermal Detonators like Boussh Leia's too...  Or bombs like the Endor accessory bombs.  Sachel packs like the Airborne Trooper?  Cool by me.

What's the guy doing with the extra guns that he feels they're "justifiable" but anything else isn't?  That's odd.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77