Author Topic: 2011 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 37068 times)

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
Re: 2011 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #15 on: February 3, 2011, 03:39 PM »
I think it's nice to see the Spacetrooper back.  I missed him last year. 
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: February 3, 2011, 04:15 PM »
I think it's nice to see the Spacetrooper back.  I missed him last year. 

He is a great figures, I have 5 and may be tempted to get some more. Now if they only put more figures like this in Legends they would get more sales from collectors.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 3, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I'm saying make Legends part of Clone Wars...  It was designed to sort of supplement Clone Wars when 2008 rolled around.  Get figures out that didn't have a CW3D figure out or coming out...  Why not take that premise a step further and make the repack CW figures now Saga Legends and take them OUT of the main CW line...  That way you could maybe slip a more obscure repack into TCW, while still getting your Ani's and OBi's out on a card that is virtually identical to the CW card... 

They could slip a realistic Legends figure in now and again too, but they're almost further ahead to take the repacks out of Legends with the realistic look, and try to capitalize by putting them on a vintage card and expanding the "vintage carded collection".  This is all assuming TCW is outselling Vintage and such, and that Legends is in need of some new life.

They've got the expanded tooling library for animated figures now to do it, I think it'd just make more sense to see animated figures in a line designed almost exclusively for kids to pick up the main guys they want.  That way a realistic Ani isn't competing with a realistic Ani, in a line that supposedly has the slower sales rates.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I agree with you to a point, Jesse, but I'm of the opinion that the SL line just needs to go away, period.  It really serves no purpose other than to confuse casual shoppers at this point, and the statements Hasbro has made about "getting main characters out there for kids" really holds no water, since the vast majority of SL figures this year had currently-shipping counterparts in either the Vintage or CW line.  That seems to be continuing with this "new" assortment of SL, where we will be getting an older Mace Windu (since outdone, I'm assuming, by the vintage version) and an older Boba Fett (whose vintage counterpart should be one of the figures that is carried forward in vintage cases as a repack).  The only figures in the "new" SL assortments that are worth it are the original VOTC Stormie and the EU Spacetrooper.

Not to mention the fact that there will soon be FIVE different Anakin Skywalker figures on the pegs across three assortments (CW Fishbowl Helmet, CW Season III Model, Saga Legends, ROTS Vintage, and AOTC Vintage), along with FIVE different Obi-Wan Kenobis (CW, CW Season III Model, Vintage ROTS, Vintage AOTC, Saga Legends).  That's simply ridiculous in this economy, from the retail end and Hasbro's end. 

Put simply, this is how I would do it:

-Saga Legends is DONE.  FINISHED.  KAPUT.

-Vintage is ALL new figures, with "case fillers" of older, still good figures on vintage cards (Battle Droids, VOTC Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, etc). 

-Clone Wars has repacks that make sense, along the same lines as the "case fillers" motif in vintage (older, still good figures like deluxe version of Dooku, Pre Viszla, MagnaGuards, etc).

Two assortments is enough: one for the kids from the cartoon, one for the collectors in vintage.  Saga Legends is confusing and unnecessary at this point.  But then again, that's just my opinion.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2011, 07:39 PM »
I agree completely Doc, the SL line is just a useless anachronism now. I can't imagine anyone would shed tears over its extinction.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2011, 12:35 AM »
I'm hoping Legends last long enough for them to change the secret weapons to include Rebel fleet trooper blasters, stormtrooper pistols and rifles. Lightsabers would be nice, too...but unlikely. I like extra weapons...but I want more OT ones.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2011, 12:42 AM »
I'm hoping Legends last long enough for them to change the secret weapons to include Rebel fleet trooper blasters, stormtrooper pistols and rifles.

Yes. This is a must.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2011, 12:15 PM »
I agree completely Doc, the SL line is just a useless anachronism now. I can't imagine anyone would shed tears over its extinction.

I also agree with Doc on this.

Have not touched any SL figures since the TVC came along. I collect CW and TVC alone - already have quite enough figures of the SL repacks to suit me.

Cannot see what it's doing cept filling some of the empty pegs,currently here (Queensland,Australia) the SL figures just pegwarm.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2011, 01:20 PM »
Why this line isn't integrated with vintage or whatever the current line is, I just don't understand.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Why this line isn't integrated with vintage or whatever the current line is, I just don't understand.

Would you like to spend extra on army builders just to put them on a vintage card?

I think that's all the line is good for....plus the occaisional "main" character that sold well in the past.  I'm on the lookout for a couple more snowtroopers and will get a couple more Space Troopers if I see them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Honestly, there are only a few Saga Legends figures I see with a good degree of regularity:  Episode III Anakin & Obi-Wan, the Phase I Clone, Phase II Clone and the 501st Clone.  The rest of the Saga Legends lineup seems to sell through pretty well in the NYC suburbs. 

Hasbro could certainly stand to tweak the character selection so that there's not so much overlap between Vintage and Saga Legends.  But I think you're going to find that the sales numbers for Vader on a Vintage card are pretty even with sales of Vader on the Saga Legends cards.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 8, 2011, 11:09 AM »
the SL line is just a useless anachronism now. I can't imagine anyone would shed tears over its extinction.

Nope,no tears from me. But I am a heartless bastard.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 8, 2011, 11:56 AM »
the SL line is just a useless anachronism now. I can't imagine anyone would shed tears over its extinction.

Nope,no tears from me. But I am a heartless bastard.

And what if this line proves to be the avenue by which we might get the Gamorrean Guard re-offered?  And how about the running change of the Hoth Rebel Trooper that was packed in the Defense of Hoth pack which was a Target exclusive?  These are figures that I am very hopeful to see offered in Saga Legends at some point in time.

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 8, 2011, 12:45 PM »
that would be too cool for school to have Gam Guard out in SL. I could definitely see myself getting more of these if I saw them swinging on the pegs if there was nothing else to be had.  I do not army build by any means - but I did feel compelled to grab 4 of these guys.  I am pretty sure I remember reading that Jabba purchased 9 of them initially - so I could grab 5 more   :P

The rebels, while not as interesting to me, I could see getting more of - just to a much lesser extent per version than the Gam Guards.  I just loved that big old nasty piggy creature when I was a kid. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2011, 01:09 PM »
I think it would be almost foolish of Hasbro to pass on the opportunity to get more Gamorrean Guards out on the market.  The secondary market prices of $20+ for that figure should definitely give them good reason to get more of them out on the market.  And Hasbro does actually watch what's hot on eBay. 

Feedback