Author Topic: 2011 Saga Legends Figures  (Read 37065 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 Saga Legends Figures
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2011, 10:58 PM »
So I was at Target this weekend...  I'm there just about every weekend, actually, but this struck me as interesting and something I see fairly routinely...

Everyone hates Legends.  I get that.

But for at least 4 weeks straight, at this single Target, they have put at least one new case of Legends out each week, and that case has sold fairly well.  I have bought the Battledroids each time out of it lately since they're on sale and all.  I don't generally pay close attention to which characters are out because Legends hasn't had a lot I was into myself.

I'm just saying...  4 weeks in a row (or more), 4 fresh cases, 4 cases selling down pretty well and getting re-ordered serving up another BD 2-pack to me each week (and Spacetroopers to others I guess since they seem to be the other one I see go fast or not at all).  Color me a little surprised I guess because I too have been down on Legends this year, but I swear it does better than CW sometimes, and CW moves well here except the weird secondary guys.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18 PM »
I am in many targets in the Twin Cities over a week.  Most have gotten cases of Legends in the past few weeks and slowly but surely burn through them.  I hate the amount of space they take up and the lack of variation in the mx for the past three years.  Yet, they sell. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #62 on: November 2, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Legends aren't bad when there's a good rerelease. What doesn't make sense is to have a $10 vintage Vader, Anakin, Boba Fett or Obi-Wan hanging on the pegs next to a $7 Legends version. That's just bad business, and kind of hamstrings the Vintage line.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 2, 2011, 12:08 PM »
Movie Heroes will make the Vintage soar then.

I've bought more battle droid 2-packs and Snowtroopers than I have any vintage carded army builder.

I know we are cheated out of a tan droid 2-pack because Hasbro doesn't do running changes except when they do.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 6, 2011, 02:45 PM »
I noticed at Target, the current wave is shipping, all older repacks, but without the secret weapons. So Snow Troopers and Jango Fett and Battle Droid 2-packs with no frills. Just a heads up for packaging variant collectors and those who might be disappointed if they were expecting extra guns.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #65 on: November 6, 2011, 04:03 PM »
I noticed at Target, the current wave is shipping, all older repacks, but without the secret weapons. So Snow Troopers and Jango Fett and Battle Droid 2-packs with no frills. Just a heads up for packaging variant collectors and those who might be disappointed if they were expecting extra guns.

Yep, both assortments of wave 3 are sans "Secret Weapons".
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: November 7, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Yeah those are the ones I'm seeing (and the ones with the Spacetrooper/DST) at Target, but they're selling through at a shockign pace...  And my WM's selling through too but not re-ordering as furiously.  The SL pegs are pretty empty at WM though, and really only TCW is full up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 8, 2013, 06:52 PM »
At TJ Maxx/Marshalls I got 2 Destroyer Droids and 2 Super Battle Droids for $3 each. One store had another SBD for $4...HA! No, thanks. And the same store had another for $4.99. Other figures were still $4.99, someone realized separatist troops are undesirable?