Author Topic: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett  (Read 91335 times)

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
Re: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2011, 03:57 PM »
I agree with the last post.

Leave well enough alone. I used any upc codes from legacy collection, saga legends and vintage collection. I hope this doesn't delay my order.
The error, if there was one to begin with is on Hasbro's part.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2011, 03:58 PM »
I wonder if they'll honor the the original form if we submit that.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Don't tell me I cut into my legacy collection darth maul for nothing. I could have left it alone for display.
This sucks if they don't honor it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2011, 04:04 PM »
Just curious, since I don't keep up with assortment #'s particularly, I tossed in all Vintage UPC's with mine so I assume they're still fine...  Is this only blue card stuff then, that's usable?  Shadows of the Darkside type packaging and Vintage figures I assume?

I honestly don't even know if I have anything older than that in my pile...  My have some BAD in there though which are out now I guess.

I agree with efranks...  Seriously, was there a need to contact Hasbro at all?  Pretty douchey.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18 PM »
This is what they are stating now as part of the new revisement

Collect and save the UPC codes of any 5 figures from Hasbro's Vintage (97568 Asst.), Saga Legends (21115 Asst.) or The Clone Wars (94736 Asst.) Star Wars action figure collections

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Just curious, since I don't keep up with assortment #'s particularly, I tossed in all Vintage UPC's with mine so I assume they're still fine...  Is this only blue card stuff then, that's usable?  Shadows of the Darkside type packaging and Vintage figures I assume?

Yes, only the current packaging shipping to stores: TVC, SL with GBG card (Shadows of the Darkside), and The Clone Wars.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Thanks Jayson.  I'll ahve to make sure I weed through what I have...  I feel sure I have older style UPC's around.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I sent in for four of these and used the original form with some vintage, some Saga Legends and a few TLC figures UPCs I had.

They should honor them since their original form did not specify.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Definitely gonna need help with some UPCs.  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46 AM »
So any Vintage figure works then? If so, I'm good.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline turbowars

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2011, 09:20 AM »
This pisses me off because the original form gave us a loophole to use some of the older Clone Wars and Saga Legends UPC codes, which I took full advantage of.  I place the blame for this on the RS forum members who lack a basic level of reading comprehension.

Because the form said "all," they panicked and ran to Hasbro support which only pointed out the possible error in wording, which has now been corrected.  Now, of course, because the form has been changed there will be a whole new set of people panicking because they used "any" of their UPC codes and they'll now be worried that their order won't be filled.  When if they'd just left well enough alone, they'd be fine.

I've always maintained that in general, people cause their own problems and this is a perfect example.  So thanks to the RS members who brought this to Hasbro's attention and potentially screwed up a loophole that we could have used.

E...
Tell me about it. The guy is an idiot. I pretty much told him the same thing over at rs.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Personally I don't think the UPCs are even looked at. You got to remember the people opening these envelopes are dumping out the contents and counting how many UPCs there are and tosing them in the trash. They are not looking at them closely to see if this UPC number matches their "official" list. That don't have time for that. These people are paid minimum wage to open envelopes and enter your address in the computer as fast as they can. They could care less if you included UPCs from Star Wars or from My Little Pony.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Personally I don't think the UPCs are even looked at. You got to remember the people opening these envelopes are dumping out the contents and counting how many UPCs there are and tosing them in the trash. They are not looking at them closely to see if this UPC number matches their "official" list. That don't have time for that. These people are paid minimum wage to open envelopes and enter your address in the computer as fast as they can. They could care less if you included UPCs from Star Wars or from My Little Pony.

That's what you think. In fact, each UPC is scanned, these mail-ins are primarily a way for Hasbro to determined what folks are buying, and who is buying what...that's why there's  "collector, parent, child" check box on the form.

I made that up.  ;)

I'm annoyed that I wasted ink printing out an incorrect order form, on the plus side my laziness pays off since I've yet to mail my form off.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2011, 06:17 PM »
Actually, I've heard the UPC's are scanned...  Not saying you're wrong Phruby since I really don't know much about how this stuff works, but I've heard they are put over scanners fairly quickly, not too dissimilar to how mail's scanned.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2011, 06:43 PM »
Wait, so is there a new form we need to use now?  I was about to mail my stuff off last night and am glad I didn't.  What Assortments can be used?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today