Author Topic: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett  (Read 91345 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 04:12 PM »
It'll be cool to get a few of these to build a super commando unit as Fett was originally conceived.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 07:12 PM »
Forgive me for being late to the party, but is this the same figure we got a few years ago - just now on a vinty card?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Forgive me for being late to the party, but is this the same figure we got a few years ago - just now on a vinty card?

I think that's still TBD since they just showed the card, but hopefully they will upgrade it with something new.  The card is pretty spiffy if nothing else.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 07:21 PM »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Hasbro revealed the figure. ??? Based on the pictures I've seen, a repacked McQuarrie Fett would be inaccurate. A repainted Evo/VOTC Boba would be the best option. However, I can't help but think that we'll see the Vintage remake rocket-firing Boba painted white.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38 PM »
No...McQ Fett, while similar is subtle enough different from the prototype costume...time to go to the Kubricks!

Left is the Mail Away Figure...the two right ones are the McQ versions which they released in the 30AC line

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:39 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Hasbro revealed the figure. ??? Based on the pictures I've seen, a repacked McQuarrie Fett would be inaccurate. A repainted Evo/VOTC Boba would be the best option. However, I can't help but think that we'll see the Vintage remake rocket-firing Boba painted white.
This would be accurate...a white Evo Fett is probably what we are getting.  It would be neat if they included a helmet with Cpt Rex style horns and a Poncho though too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 01:11 PM »
For this figure, they got all excited about "beach towel".  Apparently (if someone knows proto-fett history, please chime in), when they did the 1978 screen test with the white Fett suit, he had a star wars beach towel hanging on his belt.  Hasbro is trying to pick a sg material to replicate that look.

Here is the towel people were talking about

Thanks for that pic - yeah, that's what Hasbro was talking about.  The goal is to find a sg material to make a mini-towel and try to hang it on the belt to replicate that look in the second picture (which is obviously the pic they used for the cardback).  They weren't sure if they could pull it off yet, but they were going to try.

And also, just to confirm what Scott said - this is NOT supposed to be McQ Fett on a vintage card, it will be a Black and White regular movie armor Fett (probably the Evolutions sculpt like Greg/Scott speculated).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26 PM »
It'd be cool if the eventual soft goods "towel" on the figure includes the 'Star Wars' logo.

Hopefully Hasbro also sculpts 2 all-new guns (as seen in the picture), as opposed to just repacking the weapons seen in the films.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 09:29 PM »
The smaller one came with the McFett's and is in some of the Legends weapon packs I believe.  Though the larger one looks a lot like the same gun just a little larger.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31 AM »
Carded and loose images at Sandtroopers. Looks like they got the beach towel graphic worked in but missed the grappling rocket for the jetpack. Oh well.  :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I love this figure! Much better than the stupid Rocket Firing Fett. When can we mail away for this? I have a lot of UPC's ready to be sent away. I think I am going to try what many others did over at scum and mail one big check and get a case of these. Guys received whole cases that ensured minty product.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2011, 12:03 PM »
I'm definitely putting together a Mandalorian attack squad.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Carded and loose images at Sandtroopers. Looks like they got the beach towel graphic worked in but missed the grappling rocket for the jetpack. Oh well.  :)

Love that they got the beach towel graphic.  I'm not surprised about the grappling hook since it's basically an evolutions Fett with a different color scheme.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27 PM »
Judging by the holster, it looks like a redeco/retool of the TAC Animated Debut Fett

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Looks really neat to me...  I know some were disappointed with this, but to me it's even cooler than last years.  Maybe I'm just happy it's something "realistic" styled and somewhat new?  Either way, I like it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77