Author Topic: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett  (Read 91323 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #90 on: July 7, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Like JJ I was surprised at the dismay many collectors felt about this. I always loved it and this is something that will be welcomed in my collection unlike last years reto Fett. I cannot wait to mail away for this guy!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 7, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I am just as surprised at collectors who were not blown away by the chance to get their own rocket firing Vintage Boba Fett last year. To each his own, I guess.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 7, 2011, 01:58 PM »
Hey, the more people that hate it, the more Hasbro will be able to send to me. :)

I wonder if Hasbro will make a large enough batch for one straight run like the firing-rocket Boba, as it seems this is a pretty anticipated figure.

I said this somewhere else but the only mail away I think I've participated in that didn't have any delays was the Lucastrooper, so I'm fully expecting another delay here. I've actually started to collect the postcards they send out to inform everyone about the delays.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #93 on: August 1, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 1, 2011, 05:48 PM »
I've been seeing more of TVC wave 7 lately, but no stickers or mailaway forms for this Boba Fett yet.  Once those turn up I will not be procrastinating on this mailaway.  I still haven't received my Sgt. Bric's yet. 

I would have to think that the mailaway forms might start showing up with the REVENGE wave.  And in a way that's incredibly ironic, since the whole purpose of that wave seems geared much more towards carded collectors who will not be opening their figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 1, 2011, 06:31 PM »
I would have to think that the mailaway forms might start showing up with the REVENGE wave.  And in a way that's incredibly ironic, since the whole purpose of that wave seems geared much more towards carded collectors who will not be opening their figures.

I'm hoping that, like with the Rocket Firing Fett mailaway, we're allowed to use UPCs from Clone Wars figures.

I have so many army builder inserts from the SotDS Clone Wars line, that I should easily be able to come up with what I need to send away for a good six or seven of these.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: August 1, 2011, 07:07 PM »
That's neat in one way, odd in another, that he's part of Vintage but Rocket Fett isn't.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 1, 2011, 08:05 PM »
That's neat in one way, odd in another, that he's part of Vintage but Rocket Fett isn't.

Rocket Fett is - he's VCP03. Technically, the Mouse Droid and Salacious Crumb should have been VCP04 and VCP05 and the White Armor Fett should have been VCP06.

Just sayin'...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2011, 12:16 AM »
Yep, he's VC61  ::)

Wasn't either the single-packaged Salacious Crumb or Mouse Droid already listed with this number? Go figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2011, 03:30 PM »
Loving the pics on Sandtroopers (as posted on the JD homepage), specifically the one showing the protective cardboard layer. Props to Hasbro for attempting to ship these out MIB after the Rocket Fett fiasco.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 04:04 PM »
I want to see the Star Wars towel he is wearing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: September 5, 2011, 09:25 PM »
As per our Front Page, the redemption offer has been posted by Hasbro...  Get your orders going folks.

$6.99 + 5 UPC's from basically any of the SW figure lines it seems.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2011, 09:26 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 5, 2011, 11:09 PM »
Checks in the mail.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2011, 02:57 PM »
That didn't last long

UPDATE: Hasbro must have realized their mistake regarding the UPCs for the Prototype Fett as the website and form now specify the qualifying asst. accepted.

Collect and save the UPC codes of any 5 figures from these Star Wars action figure collections: Vintage (97568 Asst.), Saga Legends (21115 Asst.) or The Clone Wars (94736 Asst.)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2011, 03:48 PM »
This pisses me off because the original form gave us a loophole to use some of the older Clone Wars and Saga Legends UPC codes, which I took full advantage of.  I place the blame for this on the RS forum members who lack a basic level of reading comprehension.

Because the form said "all," they panicked and ran to Hasbro support which only pointed out the possible error in wording, which has now been corrected.  Now, of course, because the form has been changed there will be a whole new set of people panicking because they used "any" of their UPC codes and they'll now be worried that their order won't be filled.  When if they'd just left well enough alone, they'd be fine.

I've always maintained that in general, people cause their own problems and this is a perfect example.  So thanks to the RS members who brought this to Hasbro's attention and potentially screwed up a loophole that we could have used.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"