Author Topic: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett  (Read 91263 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The 2011 Mail-In Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 08:27 PM »
So what happens when retail doesn't get anything new for months?

YOU GET NOTHING. You lose. Good day, sir!  :P

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2011, 08:38 AM »
So does this mean you can no longer print the thing online, but if you have one you can use it or that you can't use the online one period now?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Fall 2011 Mail-Away Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2011, 12:39 PM »
Hasbro shenanigans.  I'm not going to even order one - anyone else thats displeased, I recommend you do the same.  Hasbro doesnt take our dissatisfaction to heart unless we stop spending money.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Fall 2011 Mail-Away Prototype Armor Boba Fett
« Reply #138 on: September 19, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I'm still going to order one.  (or 4 if I can).  Its unfortunate the way things have worked out on this, but nobody's perfect.  Frankly, I'm shocked that anyone at Hasbro is displeased with the UPCs/forms coming in.  They're still getting $8 direct for each figure, so I would assume they are profiting or at least breaking even on every check that comes in the door.  The unfortunate thing will be if 90% of the supply is gone before anyone sees an official form.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29 PM »
I've never had a problem getting order forms, so I'm not particularly upset by this, but I'd prefer ordering it with the print-out forms as an option at least since it will take a while to see these around me.  It is, ultimately, a gimmick to get you to buy **** though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 01:51 PM »
I'm just still pissed off that it was most likely ignorant collectors that were mind ****** by the word "all" on the initial form, even with 3 years and 6 offers worth of precedent on how this worked, that ruined it for the rest of us.  Since the word "all" was on the form, people went nuts and were asking about Battle Packs, Comic Packs and things like that.  They should have just used any single carded UPC code they had and played dumb. 

Either Hasbro and the fulfillment company would have noticed all the old UPC codes on their own and adjusted the form online or they would have just blindly accepted them.  Either way, we would have won this round.  Now that Hasbro has gone as far as first adjusting the online form to specify assortment numbers and then changing it to read sample only just tells me that future mail-away programs are going to be tighter.

I don't know if we'll go back to having to include store receipts with our UPC codes or not, but you can bet that they'll at least make sure all forms have specific information on acceptable assortments from now on. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Yup, greed's a big factor in this I think.  There are people still hanging onto JM Points in anger.  I know a couple guys doing that, and I bet some went that route.  And then pointing things out to Hasbro is definitely silly.  Do people really not have anything new to use, and needed to ask?  Seriously?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2011, 02:03 PM »
If needed, you can still download the un-watermarked form that is buried in their site. I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time until someone calls Hasbro and narks to them about this too.  ::) :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:04 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2011, 02:04 PM »
Personally, I'm just upset that I procrastinated on this.  Sounds like the people that got in there right away will still get their Fetts.  I had the forms printed off and UPCs cut out when the form was first posted, but sat on them because I didn't have envelopes handy right when I was putting things together.  Stinks that I'll now have to wait unti ___? to find an actual form somewhere.  I can get the UPCs I need and would be buying up the next waves of CW and Vintage anyway, so it's disappointing that I have to wait now to find the figures in store before sending anything in. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2011, 05:57 PM »
So I printed off the redemption form before they put up that new restriction of having to get the form with a figure. This was a week an a half ago now.  I filled it out and mailed it immediately. So do we know if they will still honor that or am I going to get it returned to me.  Anybody know for sure or is it just a wait and see thing?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54 PM »
Wait and see.  Unless your check gets cashed...then I would assume you're getting him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52 PM »
Yeah, I'd say Jman's right on that...  If your check clears you're getting yours most likely, and if it stays in limbo, you may be getting it back.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2011, 11:11 AM »
My check was cashed last week, so who knows what will actually wind up happening.  I haven't even seen anything from wave 7 show up (and none of that "You're just not looking frequently enough" as I'm in these places every day and there aren't even remnants of the case; stuff is just not shipping to retail PERIOD), so I don't know if the wave with the actual labels/forms will even show up before the offer expires.  Typical Hasbro, though, to change the requirements several times after people have placed their orders.  At this point, I fully expect them to say they will only accept payment in the form of seashells and you have to send 5 hands (one from each action figure) in order to get the Fett.

On a semi-related note, I was able to order a Sideshow exclusive edition 12" Boba Fett on Friday within three minutes of logging on to Sideshow's site.  No issues putting anything in my cart, no issues checking out, and no issues with late email confirmations or confusion.  And especially no issues with a slow site or "underestimated demand."  Not directly related to the mail-away Fett, but it bears repeating that some companies obviously know how to handle online transactions.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55 PM »
On a semi-related note, I was able to order a Sideshow exclusive edition 12" Boba Fett on Friday within three minutes of logging on to Sideshow's site.  No issues putting anything in my cart, no issues checking out, and no issues with late email confirmations or confusion.  And especially no issues with a slow site or "underestimated demand."  Not directly related to the mail-away Fett, but it bears repeating that some companies obviously know how to handle online transactions.

Sure, but the difference here is that Sideshow is a massive company with loads of resources.  They have the manpower and financing to make sure their online ordering works correctly.  A much smaller company like Hasbro with a limited fan base can hardly be expected to have similar capabilities for online purchasing.

Er, wait...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird