Author Topic: MLB 2011  (Read 11171 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: MLB 2011
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 03:38 PM »
A few more approvals like that, and even the Pirates have a shot!  Yes!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09 PM »
I'm normally against pitchers winning the MVP award, but I think they got it right with Verlander this year. Congrats Justin.

P.S. Detroit how about our whole starting rotation (the Twins' that is) for Verlander?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 7, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Well, I'm officially a Marlins 'one-player-fan' now that Buehrle's left the White Sox to go join Ozzie down in Miami.  Sucks to see him go; he was by far my favorite player on the team for the last 12 years.  He was never a lights out pitcher but he was always a consistent 10+ win guy in the rotation.  I still have his perfect game on my DVR...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 8, 2011, 11:17 AM »
And now it looks to be official... Pujols Leaves St. Louis.

The general feeling by the fans around here for the past month is that a 10-year contract makes stupid business sense, and this morning people actually seem relieved that the Cardinals didn't commit to a contract like that.

This seems like it could shift the power balance in baseball for at least a few years, or at least boost the Angels lineup for a while.  Later on when his body gives out he can also DH some... but really, I'm damn glad that we didn't keep him for that amount of money, or that long.  Nobody's worth that.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 8, 2011, 11:55 AM »
Pujols is pretty much the only non MN Twin I root for. I wanted to see him stay in St. Louis, BUT can't blame a team for not wanting to pay someone $20 plus million a year when they are in their 40s. Guess now I see him play more.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #50 on: December 8, 2011, 12:28 PM »
I think the move to the AL is a good,one for him.  Like Chewie said, being in the line up as a DH will extend his career.

If not for his untimely death in a plane crash, the Yankees would have done the same thing with Thurman Munson.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2011, 03:28 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Always nice when a reigning MVP tests positive for PED.   ::)

I wonder what his "extenuating circumstances" are that makes him come out saying the test is bogus - will it be "I didn't know what they gave me" or "it came from a doctor for an unrelated medical condition"?

Lots of incentive for Prince Fielder to come back knowing they'll likely be without Braun for 50 games. :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 10:22 AM »
One of the new stars of the game that's only been around since the end of the "steroid era": All I can say is damn you Braun!!!!!