Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2011 Discussion  (Read 18332 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Defender Wishlists 2011 Results
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 05:45 PM »
UGH.
No Tarpel, Eoth Koth or Adi Gallia. :'(
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2011 Discussion
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 09:44 PM »
I'm not really disappointed as The Phantom Menace, at least for me, is a pretty much done deal...  My only disappointment is that the Naboo military really doesn't make any impact on the lists, and they're really all there is for army building from that movie at this point.

Panaka is cool to make the list though, and one could hope Hasbro would re-use the body to do a variant, but really I'm not that into TPM...  The astromechs are probably the most interesting figures I want even.  It's a shame that movie just feels so devoid of great figure choices.

Super Duper Articulated Maul's really the only thing I think everyone would even get excited about...  The rest is just "well that'd be nice to have, but...." kind of choices.  At least to me it is.  I'd never feel bad if we didn't get another figure from TPM, except maybe that Maul.  The rest would just be kinda neat to have I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Biffette

• Jedi Initiate
  • You're a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Isn't it about time for Kitster and Wald to get separate places in the top ten?  Hasbro's ship has pretty much sailed on the two-packs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 03:26 PM »
That's one thick soup of female action figures for the Attack of the Clones 2011 Results...  Yeesh.

I like some of the choices, just not all of them.  I guess AOTC is like everything else, it's winding down a bit on new stuff...  I hate to start wishing for resculpts of figures though, just for ball-jointed hips and wrists or something.  And I've been like the obscene articulation cheerleader now for way too long.  Even I am happy not to buy some of these guys ever again though.   :-\

A super duper pooper scooper Jango wouldn't get sneezed at by myself though, nor would a new young Boba.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 04:15 PM »
disappointed that arena Jedi didn't make the cut.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48 PM »
They were all right there but a late push for Padme put her in those last three spots.  Baby Boba resculpt was in there too.

Pablo Jill was the #1 wish back in 2004...and it one of the first returns to a list for a resculpt :P

I'd like a new Coleman Trebor as well.  The other humans...meh.  I'll buy them but I personally would rather see alien Senators, Jedi etc

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 11:56 PM »
You didn't like the Target Coleman Trebor redo?  I just got an extra of him the other day because of the sale...  I thought that was a pretty passable figure at that time.

I'm only advocating human Jedi because, at this point, they're pretty much the only Jedi to not get figures...  So my wishes are there, but also because there are so many great fodder human Jedi bodies too at this point, that it's really a matter of a new head, maybe new hands, and a deco... 

Pablo Jill was never good enough for me.  The 2004 figure looked nice, but his arms are all kinds of ******, and the legs are not articulated at all.  There's a guy who could stand a ton of articulation just on his physiology, plus I like how he looks too...  He's a weird one that I'd happily rebuy.  He's the only alien Jedi I'm really jonesin' to get a resculpt except maybe some E1 Jedi, and those I really don't care about because of the movie more than anything.

At this point I'm thinking I may slip in some main character resculpts again though...  At this piont I could easily take a new Anakin, now that I had time to think about it some.  He's not bad, but ball-jointed hips, and an actual removable arm that's still got all the articulation of a modern figure?  I'd buy that.

An all angry, borderline Sithy one, for his slaughter of the Tuskens, might be neat too, just to have near my Sand People.

Cleig was one I'm always happy to see now though...  Baby Boba not making it really disappoints me though.  I'm not totally against PAdme's, I'm just not into them enough to care about them to vote for them.  Baby Boba though...  His original figure is simply dismal.  As that goes, a new Clone Youth wouldn't hurt either...

Come to think of it, neither would a Training Clone, considering the epic fail they did on the first one.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 01:23 AM »
Glad to see Picnic Padme make it. It's my biggest PT want. I am surprised to see so many females make it, too, but I guess that's because Hasbro doesn't make them. Maybe they'll hear the voices of the voters.

I see that there were many votes for Que-Mars Redath-Gom... is he the same as Sora Bulq? or were there two Weequay Jedi? Edit: I guess there were 2... different lightsaber colors and face.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:26 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 02:05 AM »
Is there someplace out there that compiles all the arena Jedi, so someone could peruse that if they wanted some inspiration for who to vote for?  For humans, I mostly just want them to complete the two that toss Ani/Obi sabers, and one of those is already done...  Just now to get the other guy.

Beyond that, even the human Jedi seem sorta picked over, though I think the guy I voted for with the goatee/greying hair was pretty badass looking IMO.  Looks like he was kicking ass and taking names so fast, he had to start taking initials.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 08:29 AM »

I see that there were many votes for Que-Mars Redath-Gom... is he the same as Sora Bulq? or were there two Weequay Jedi? Edit: I guess there were 2... different lightsaber colors and face.

Yeah, he was one at the top of my list I believe - he is different than Bulq, mainly in the hair I believe, robe color, and lightsaber.  I think Que-Mars Redath-Gom is maybe closer to the Master Sev we got in the Target exclusive pack - the difference being the head and the hair again. 

I also voted for Sarissa Jeng, and she didn't make the cut here either.  Perhaps people didn't vote for because she has been so heavily rumored for so long others believed she was for certain coming soon - kinda like Darth Maul?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 08:53 AM »
Just a reminder too, there is a rather healthy amount of e-mail votes too.  They almost to a tee tend to favor resculpts and more popular characters (like Padme).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 11:28 PM »
I'm a big resculpt fan, but feels like I'm even running out of those now.  Super Duper Resculpts, here I come I guess. :P

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Is there someplace out there that compiles all the arena Jedi, so someone could peruse that if they wanted some inspiration for who to vote for?  For humans, I mostly just want them to complete the two that toss Ani/Obi sabers, and one of those is already done...  Just now to get the other guy.

The best thing I can find is the Wookieepedia Battle of Geonosis page. They have Survivors and Victims (should be listed as Casualties) and it's mixed with Clone Troopers and EU characters.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 10:45 PM »
The best thing I can find is the Wookieepedia Battle of Geonosis page.

Even better - Geonosis Jedi Strike Team
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Sort of surprised by the Clone Wars results...more stuff from Seasons 1 and 2 than 3...partly because I guess most of the major new characters seem obvious for figures (Chewbacca, Tarkin, and the already glimpsed Savage)  Chewie and Mother Talzin are the only new S3 figures on the list.

Hasbro has repeatedly said no to Satine and Palpatine but I'd sort of like them both eventually.

Tarr Seirr still makes the list :P