Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2011 Discussion  (Read 18335 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Defender Wishlists 2011 Discussion
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15 AM »
With resculpts included though, I think ANH is one of the deepest pools around...

I think ROTJ is just as deep a pool (which means we'll have something to do for a few more years). I can't wait for that wishlist.

Just looking at many of the Jabba's palace aliens, I can't wait for Hasbro to give us more from that film. I'm going to be a happy, happy man when Squid Head gets a refresh. And a classic Sy Snootles would be the icing on the cake.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: July 1, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Were Guri and Dash confirmed or just heavily rumored?

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 1, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Rumored. They had been confirmed to be in a planned comic pack though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 1, 2011, 07:21 PM »
There are rumors about the original skiff Weequay from ROTJ getting a resculpt, too.  But rumors are just that:  rumors.  Until something about a rumor gets substantiated with imagery or some other solid sourcing, the information is always suspect.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 1, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I am pretty sure that Weequay was confirmed as coming in QnA

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Little bummed on the ROTJ wants, but I can't be surprised either.  I'm shocked the Endor Rebel didn't make teh cut though.  There's TWO uniforms we still need done in the modern line and I'd say the guys with the vests need redone too.  I'd take all 3 above/beyond the ROTJ's finalists. 

Not to say there aren't some on there I didn't vote for, just not as many as on other lists I guess.  :-\

I want a new Emperor too but I guess the Halmark throne is sufficient to me.  Want a new Poopa pappa Palpatine though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 03:05 PM »
That #10 spot was hotly contested between the Endor Trooper, Emperor's Royal Guard and Lando Skiff Guard.  I was suprised at the jump of both the Emperor (who I think has been done to death but I get why people voted for him) and the Ishi Tib which has been getting lots of buzz all over the various forums lately.

I keep track of where the Toyfare 2009 poll people land on here too and Cane Adiss always only receives a handful of results here.  I know there are a lot of sites out there that really pull for Cane to get a fig and that is sort of a head scratcher to me...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 05:42 PM »
I know a puppet was constructed for Cane Adiss, and that there's production photos, but does he actually even appear on film?

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 05:59 PM »
I know a puppet was constructed for Cane Adiss, and that there's production photos, but does he actually even appear on film?
Yes, on the left when Chewie is being brought down to the dungeon (before Lando reveals himself). And I think behind Han after he is released from the carbonite.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 06:26 PM »
RE:  The Emporer - I just don't get a sense that we've gotten a definitive ROTJ Emporer.  In this age of the definitive version of core characters I get the sense that we've got PT era Palpatine covered, but not ROTJ.  There have been some attempts at the Emporer (Order 66 comes to mind), but they've really just been kitbashes of PT Palpatine.

The Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib has been on my own list for a few years now.  I think Jabba's palace is getting to the point where the character choices are getting slimmer, and characters like Shasa Tiel are getting their turn.

Cane Addis seems like that last, large alien along the lines of Amanaman, etc.  Cane barely gets any camera time, but is cool enough that I'd like to see him get made.

My own point of disappointment?  No love for the giant mouse droid from the Death Star.  Oh well.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 06:55 PM »
I am actually very happy to see the Emperor on that list. I've wanted a ROTJ Emperor with throne for a long time now. It would also be nice to have the Imperial guards redone as well.

Jabba's court has a lot of characters competed, but many of them need to be redone at this point. Glad to see several on the list. I hear you on the Endor rebels, Jesse...but I think we'll be seeing those guys soon enough.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Thats a nice list - a little light on the Jabba henchmen for my liking (it should be all jabba goons or ewoks imo) but I would buy them all up without hesitation
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:37 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I hope...  And he's not the only one I was disappointed on, just one that I was meh that he didn't make the list.

Palpatine, I'd take a new one, but honestly what we have is kind of nice too.  I just wish he wasn't cackling.  I could use a new one I just don't have the itch for the throne I guess.

Cane Adiss is neat but not a huge want for me.  Just neat...  Doallyn was one I was glad to see make it again.  I always like when he's on people's minds, which seems like often.  I mean the dude's chucked down the steps and has a funny voice.  What more can you want a background nobody to do?

Royal Guard I think is a done deal.  The new Senate Guard is almost a given, I believe, that we'll see it repurposed for AOTC/ROTS/ROTJ Guards now.  Just with better softgoods and new heads.  He even got the pike that, if I'm not mistaken, the guards in TPM didn't even have.

The Ewoks are good too...  Assuming those are the AT-ST Hijackers.  I can totally see that new AT-ST making a return appearance with a more specific deco to the hijacked one, and coming with some Ewok repaints rocking new hats.  Just my opinion, but I can definitely see it happening.  Maybe a Chewie too or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Hasbro seemed to indicate around the time that the new AT-ST was released that they might have an "AT-ST Hijackers" battle pack in the works with Widdle, Oochee and Chewbacca.  Seeing how the battle packs have now been streamlined down to THREE figures, maybe this is something that will get revealed at SDCC.

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 09:52 PM »
They have also hinted at an Ewok exclusive pack which would include movie and TV movie figures