Author Topic: 2011 San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive LOST Raiders of the Lost Ark Wave!  (Read 70821 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
I'm assuming this thing will be put online via either Hasbro ToyShop or the Indy section of SWS (kinda like the Celebration exclusives from last year) but I haven't heard anything. I'm eager for more info on this set too since my only option for buying it will be through the internet.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Yes, it should be available on-line.  At Toy Fair, Hasbro said they were pretty sure all of the SDCC exclusive would make it to on-line after the show, with the exception of the Death Star Revenge 14pc mega-set, which was going to be pretty limited (or at least that's what they said in February).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Our friends over at http://www.imperialholocron.com/ posted a nice list of the prices on SDCC product and the Indy Lost Wave came in at $64.99... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
A tad steep but it's not like I won't pay it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
This is upsetting since I was hoping to get two sets. Oh well.

Oh and since StarWars.com closed down their online store I'm guessing HTS will be the only option for non-attendees (at a decent price). And it doesn't even sound like that's confirmed.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:57 PM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
You can see packaging here
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
I'm actually worried about after con sales this year.  In the press release there were only two items that specifically said that they'd have a "limited number" after the show on HTS.com, and the Indy, TF, GI Joe and Star Wars offerings were not either them.

I know Hasbro said early on that the Star Wars Revenge set either specifically wouldn't be available afterward or that they didn't think it would be since it's so limited.  But I'd assumed that they'd have most of the rest up after the con as they have always done in the past.  Now, I'm not sure.  Curto also posted over on RS.com that the black Endor Soldier in the SDCC set would NOT be at retail even though we were originally led to believe that all the regular Revenge figs would be (all except Crumb and Mouse Droid).  So either they aren't going to do a Revenge Endor Soldier at retail or he'll be the same white guy we've already gotten.

The GI Joe Collector Club has said they WON'T have any of the Joe exclusives afterwards and that makes me think Hasbro is aiming for a show sellout on all of it.

I wonder if this is a new strategy for them, to make their exclusives actually exclusive to the event, or a sign of the economy that they're willing to do a smaller run and sell out with possibly a smaller profit margine rather than potentially sitting on inventory at HTS.com for months afterwards.  Either way, it doesn't bode well for us (the majority) that won't make it to SDCC.  And I was planning on buying all the Joe exclsuives, the Indy set and possibly the Transformer.  And that's not even counting the TRU exclusive RC set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
As we approach SDCC'11, this is still the thing I am looking forward to most out of the show. 

It's happening two years later than I requested it, but I'll still take credit for it.   ;D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
If all works out as planned, I will have an extra for the Site to giveaway to a Lucky JD.com REGULAR.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I just hope they're available online.  I wanted two cases.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
WOW!  This wave made it onto CNN's website?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Hasbro's Toy Shop line was capped at around 6 p.m.

Lots of "limit 1 or 2" on the Indy Case and other stuff.  :-X

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
I'm starting to think I need to say "Hello ePay" for the Star Wars and Indy SDCC exclusives...  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
I have sent a freind on Trek Toy Forum $100 by paypal to pick this up for me. Better send him some more it seems.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
I am getting a set from a friend.

More may turn up online...  The "1 or 2 per" deal may be a great thing for just ordering it online.  If it springs up online, I'm nabbing a 2nd case, but otherwise I'll be happy to get the one.

The only thing real panic is swirling around right now is the Death Star set's fairly limited availability if you cared about it, and the odd up and gone spotting of that Republic Commandoes set...  But I'm thinking everything but the Death Star will see some kind of time online after the show...  I hope at least, for everyone's sake who couldn't go.

The Death Star, eh, it's just packaging more or less so I can see it being the really exclusive, exclusive.