Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9  (Read 89915 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2011, 08:29 PM »
I bought a case from EE to ensure that I got one of each MOC for my MOC collection. I've been able to find two Ponda Baba figures in the wild (one with the help of Captain Piet) and I've been able to find one Bastilla Shan for myself as well.

So for, no Hoth Rebel Troopers - hopefully I'll be able to score at least one, so I can have an opened one from this packaging style.

I'd like to think that the Echo Base trooper will be also packed in with those Wave 7 retreds that are coming out in the spring - at least that would make the most sense. Would be nice if Hasbro could have mentioned what other figures are in that case with the seven "Second Chance" releases they showed.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Nada
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Nada
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:57 PM by evilanimation »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: WAve 9
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2011, 11:01 PM »
At least they corrected Ponda... they had him listed as Ackbar for a couple days.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Actually found the Hoth Trooper at TRU last night.  No Ponda though  >:(

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2011, 01:47 PM »
found an RTF and walked off further down the isle and found an echo base dude, sometimes pays off to walk around a little.  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2011, 03:59 PM »
Echo base Trooper is GREAT, but that non-removable helmet is just a sad step backwards.

Funny that he's rocking a holster the Fleet Trooper should've had.  It's pretty great really.  Decoed brown, it would make a great RFT version.  :-X

I just got to open mine the other night...  Some insanely great figures in this wave, including the repacks.  Ackbar, RFT, B-Winger...  Replace Vader or Logray with a TIE Pilot and I think the case would've been an overall home run with no gripes.

I'm all in on picking up extras of the Echo Base Trooper, and a couple Ponda's...  Bastilla's ok, and I'm into KOTOR, she just wasn't at the top of my list of KOTOR figures I wanted I guess.  I would've preferred a lot of other cast members to her (though she is a top character in the game so I can't really complain).

I plan to do some removable hat version of the Echo Trooper using Hoth Trooper pieces.  I need to make sure though that the Echo Trooper's head swaps easily with the other new Rebels.  Anyone know that?  I'm not home to check.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I agree, he's a great figure.  I found mine today and I'm a huge fan.  I even made a convert of Ben, who initially was going to pass!  I bought 3 of these total today, two for display and one carded.  Ponda is also really good - makes you appreciate how good the 90's one is actually.  Bastilla is ok, though the headscuplt is a little stern for me.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2011, 11:48 AM »
I plan to do some removable hat version of the Echo Trooper using Hoth Trooper pieces.  I need to make sure though that the Echo Trooper's head swaps easily with the other new Rebels.  Anyone know that?  I'm not home to check.

The Officer's neck post is tiny so the head sockets from the Rebel Commando, RFT, and Hoth Rebel Trooper all too big for the neck post. They could work with some glue though. Of those three, the Commando and HRT look the best. The RFT head seems too large in terms of scale for the body.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2011, 05:34 PM »
I agree, he's a great figure.  I found mine today and I'm a huge fan.  I even made a convert of Ben, who initially was going to pass!  I bought 3 of these total today, two for display and one carded.  Ponda is also really good - makes you appreciate how good the 90's one is actually.  Bastilla is ok, though the headscuplt is a little stern for me.

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with both Walrusman and the Hoth dude. Still no need for Bastilla, though.

I really hope this Hoth Trooper and the RFT see a release in the Legends line. I wouldn't mind a couple more, but at $9 each...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2011, 06:04 PM »
I wouldn't say there's "no need" for Bastilla since she doesn't exist as a figure, and she was voted on and all.  I'm all about KOTOR figures (Mando guy, Republic Trooper guy, T3 Unit, some kind of possibly customizable version of yourself would be cool too).  I'm all about more, but I think TOR will move KOTOR out of any spotlight it could've possibly had.  They've basically only done Sith, and that kinda blows.  :-\

Jayson, thanks for the "heads up", nyuck nyuck.  Bummer, but I'll work on it.  If nothing else I'll just go with casts I alter down the road, but it's another lost chance for Hasbro on head swapping or future re-use without the swappable noggins.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DarthPooPoo

• Youngling
  • I eat mop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2011, 12:46 AM »

The Officer's neck post is tiny so the head sockets from the Rebel Commando, RFT, and Hoth Rebel Trooper all too big for the neck post. They could work with some glue though. Of those three, the Commando and HRT look the best. The RFT head seems too large in terms of scale for the body.

I tried this, too.  Very disappointed. 
Time travel.  All you wanna do is go back and slap a hippie.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 26, 2011, 02:47 PM »
gotta try a Luke head, i think there is a pic out there w/out the holster in all, just have to leg swap too if a head fits good enuff
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2011, 03:13 PM »
Echo base Trooper is GREAT, but that non-removable helmet is just a sad step backwards.

Usually I agree here.  But I am really growing tired of the removable helmet/hat that is poorly proportioned (too large) or the head is a pin head like Cody.  I'd rather they just include a regular head with the hat/helmet head.

I had hoped Major Derlin's head would fit as well, but alas it did not. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2011, 03:55 PM »
The thing is the Hoth hats have all looked good and sculpts were ready (3 of them).   :-\  Re-use the first Hoth Rebels...  add a scarf to it if you feel compelled to, but I'd have been happy to see that.

I'll never tire of removable buckets though...  To me, it's a step forward they need to keep going with, and try to make as good as they can.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #194 on: October 29, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I wouldn't say there's "no need" for Bastilla since she doesn't exist as a figure, and she was voted on and all.  I'm all about KOTOR figures (Mando guy, Republic Trooper guy, T3 Unit, some kind of possibly customizable version of yourself would be cool too).  I'm all about more, but I think TOR will move KOTOR out of any spotlight it could've possibly had.  They've basically only done Sith, and that kinda blows.  :-\

I'm sorry, I meant that she's unnecessary for my collection. Never did finish KOTOR, so I have no idea who she is.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk