Author Topic: SDCC "Revenge of the Jedi" Death Star Mega-Box Set  (Read 61732 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Jedi Set
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Well, according to a report over on Galactic Hunter, this thing is limited to 1500 sets.

So in otherwords, if you're not going to SDCC, good luck and even if you are going to SDCC and you want one, you better camp out for like forever in order ensure you get one.

Pretty sh*tty move if you ask me.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 05:44 PM »
I'm going to be disappointed if the Mousedroid is A) New, B) Small, and C) Only ever available in this thing.  Not that a scale one doesn't exist, it's just not been made in the regular line ever and it's the kind of thing I'd dig having.  I'm guessing it'll be the POTF2 thing.

Maybe I forgot to mention it the other day, but yeah - Hasbro said both will be simple repacks, not new Mouse Droid or Crumb figures.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 07:05 PM »
COOOOL!!

I never attend SDCC (just can't), so I'll definitely be looking out for these in retail. I've always been wondering what Slave Leia on a Vintage card would be like, so this is close enough.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 07:34 PM »
Well, according to a report over on Galactic Hunter, this thing is limited to 1500 sets.

So in otherwords, if you're not going to SDCC, good luck and even if you are going to SDCC and you want one, you better camp out for like forever in order ensure you get one.

Pretty sh*tty move if you ask me.

That would be ridiculous. No chance i am getting one then.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 09:34 PM »
I'm going to be disappointed if the Mousedroid is A) New, B) Small, and C) Only ever available in this thing.  Not that a scale one doesn't exist, it's just not been made in the regular line ever and it's the kind of thing I'd dig having.  I'm guessing it'll be the POTF2 thing.

Maybe I forgot to mention it the other day, but yeah - Hasbro said both will be simple repacks, not new Mouse Droid or Crumb figures.

I likely missed it with all the confusion.

As far as the details on this...  It could be worse.  It could be something all new EVERYONE wanted instead of a pretty small minority I'm guessing.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 12:00 AM »

Seriously how do they think they are going to sell these other than to locals?  My God, it is the most rediculous thing I have ever seen

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 12:16 AM »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 02:45 AM »
That's some carry-on to take home with you I suppose. :)  That or the San Diego Postal System better prepare now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24 AM »
Alright, I will admit that the variant Rebel Commando is a pretty low blow.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 09:26 AM »
I'm not going to lie.  I like it myself.  Now that does not mean I'm going to SDCC and buy it and bring it home.  My wife would probably smack me upside the head a few hundred times if I did.  However, I like the Revenge cards myself.  That's much better than those crappy silver/foil cards IMO.  The mini cards tempt me as well.  It sounds like you can get all of the Revenge cards in the wild except the minis.  Obviously if you want all those chase cards this thing seems to be easier than trying to find them all at retail.  Here you can get them all in one shot.  Eh, it's got some temptation for me.  Plus it would be a crazy unique item to have.  

Yeah, it sucks if you want it and can't make it to the show itself. After reading the comments it seems like a lot people think the whole idea blows anyway.  That's probably another reason they are not going to bother and sell it online.  It's certainly not for everyone.  They know it.  So, they say what the hell we'll just offer up a few 1500 at the show.  I kind of think it will be online at some point myself.  I highly doubt they are going to sell 1500 of these at SDCC.  

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 09:53 AM »
I like this set too.  Would I buy it?  Maybe if the price was right but shipping alone would kill me.

It's ridiculous to offer something like this at a show only when 98% of the attendees have to fly home. 

Cool packaging though.  Very unique.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 10:41 AM »
Yeah, I can't see a whole lot of people picking this up if they have to travel far.  Sure, there are the people who want to "have it all" that will have to figure it out, but they (Hasbro) is really cutting out a large portion of the collecting audience by offering something so large that it 1) can't be sold online or 2) can't reasonably be shipped.

That being said, I'm ok with it from the standpoint that I can just pass on it and not stress about it.  Is this going to be the only SDCC exclusive for SW this year?  I know there is the Indy set (yay!) and of course stuff for Hasbro's other lines, but I was curious if the big DS mamma jamma is the only one they are offering this time around.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 10:44 AM »
I really would like to buy this but I doubt any will hit HTS. If this is the only place to get Crumb and the Mouse Droid this will be a scalpers dream! Those two are the main reason why I would buy this, 1,500 sets seems pretty low for this. I will definitely try and get this I like the DS package a lot.

Good point on the size/flight issue because someone is going to have to have a large suitcase that they will have to check and pay a fee for. Going to SDCC is not practical at all. What you spend on the flight, room, food you are better off buying what you want after the show, even at a premium price. You will still save money.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 08:20 PM »
The UPS store will have a booth at SDCC.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 10:26 PM »
The UPS store will have a booth at SDCC.   :D

If you can get me on I will pay a $50 premium on top of the price plus shipping. If there are any bounty hunters interested LMK otherwise it's eBay unless I can pull some connection favors.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/